• Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
I guess we could give credit to Andy for softening up Nole's confidence, taking him to 5 sets and 2 days to knock him off in the semi! IMO it's his own fault having a walkabout near the end of set 3! This is still his time, but his detractors will have one more piece of ammunition to detract from his record and accomplishments! :nono :angel: :cover :dodgy:

Come on, you're not blaming the semi for him losing the final, are ya? :cover

Just being anecdotal! It's a factor used when Nadal may have had trouble in a final if schedule thrown off by long matches or weather problems! :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
I guess we could give credit to Andy for softening up Nole's confidence, taking him to 5 sets and 2 days to knock him off in the semi! IMO it's his own fault having a walkabout near the end of set 3! This is still his time, but his detractors will have one more piece of ammunition to detract from his record and accomplishments! :nono :angel: :cover :dodgy:

Just being anecdotal! It's a factor used when Nadal may have had trouble in a final if schedule thrown off by long matches or weather problems! :nono

What's Nadal got to do with any of this?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The scheduling at RG is dumb considering they are still in prehistoric times and have no lights. Nole and Murray got the raw end of things this year. That said I don't think it had an impact today as Nole didn't look fatigued and his movement seemed fine throughout.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The scheduling at RG is dumb considering they are still in prehistoric times and have no lights. Nole and Murray got the raw end of things this year. That said I don't think it had an impact today as Nole didn't look fatigued and his movement seemed fine throughout.

They have a fifteen day slam, and they end up almost bunched. They obviously need improvement in scheduling alright...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

Stan's win come with no asterisks.

Having said that the organizers need to improve the scheduling. True Novak did not play for a long time yesterday (is it 65 minutes) and so he is not physically wasted. But, it is not just physical.
Having day for practice, planning and strategizing is gone for you, but it is there for the opponent.
That is certainly asymmetrical.

1 p.m. starting time for SF is good enough on a clear and sunny day. However, the organizers knew that storms were expected and so they should have had an early start at 12 noon or 11 a.m.
But, the reason they don't change the timing despite the weather forecast is because they sell the tv slots and are kind of being barred from changing it by the tv folks.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The last bit Novak played against Andy took nothing out of him. He fed him some gourmet French bread ffs! That had no bearing on the outcome today. Stan was just in the zone and would've beaten anyone.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

Stan's win come with no asterisks.

Having said that the organizers need to improve the scheduling. True Novak did not play for a long time yesterday (is it 65 minutes) and so he is not physically wasted. But, it is not just physical.
Having day for practice, planning and strategizing is gone for you, but it is there for the opponent.
That is certainly asymmetrical.

1 p.m. starting time for SF is good enough on a clear and sunny day. However, the organizers knew that storms were expected and so they should have had an early start at 12 noon or 11 a.m.
But, the reason they don't change the timing despite the weather forecast is because they sell the tv slots and are kind of being barred from changing it by the tv folks.

Yeah, that's an issue. And of course, at Wimbledon, even before the roof, but facing a weather forecast like that, they'd have brought #1 court into play, but having a French player in the semi, and the world #1 in the other semi, how do they organise it?

Either way, I'm sure it could have been scheduled better, so the two semis were completed on Friday...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:

Sounds like excuses to me. Just admit it. Your boy didn't show up for the most important match of his season. People were too busy counting how many bakery products he would serve up in this tournament, they're completely ignoring the fact that he got outplayed by Stan.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A few of us mentioned it yesterday but Djokovic looked tired to me. That win over Nadal was so built up and anticlimactic, then the weird semifinal with Murray, and then he still had to play another match against the player who has given him the most trouble the last couple of years in the final. That had to be tough. I thought Djokovic was equal to the task but as we all saw, he was not. Try again next year.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kirijax said:
A few of us mentioned it yesterday but Djokovic looked tired to me. That win over Nadal was so built up and anticlimactic, then the weird semifinal with Murray, and then he still had to play another match against the player who has given him the most trouble the last couple of years in the final. That had to be tough. I thought Djokovic was equal to the task but as we all saw, he was not. Try again next year.

That's all I'm saying! Thanks! :basiate :angel: :dodgy: :p :ras: :hug

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:

May be they should institute a rule saying that they will never play semifinals after finals and quarterfinals after semifinals. ;)

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kirijax said:

May be they should institute a rule saying that they will never play semifinals after finals and quarterfinals after semifinals. ;)

Yeah! It's only fair! :snicker

I was implying more on the mental aspect of what he was going through. But yeah, it shouldn't have bothered him.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
No amount of sleep or mental preparation can help you when Stan starts playing like that. He would've beaten anyone on tour yesterday the way he played.