Who ya got?

• Total voters

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Roger is gonna regret not taking his bh dtl , I think Stan will unload on his bh dtl..I thought Fed played excellent the 1st set .Rafa just broke his will and just have the perfect game to defeat Fed ,

I hope you're kidding.

Relying on his backhand as a primary weapon is an insane idea.

Dude, dont get it twisted..I said Fed should have some cuts and directed his bh dtl instead of cc

Fair enough, but I don't see that as a shot that would be going in very often.

Forehands up the line, and inside-out forehands - now that is a different story.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
crystalfire said:
Wow. Couldn't even get a set. Every single time I think fed has a chance against rafa I'm always disappointed. That's it I'm done. I doubt fed will ever beat him again. I feel like rafa can play with one hand and still manage to win. This is just ridiculous. Even dimitrov and nishikori played him tough. Ughhhh

His form leading up to today was definitely good enough to manage at least a set so yeah that was utterly disappointing. In fairness though, Rafa was garbage against Nishikori and Dimitrov and clearly played his best match of the tournament today. The amount of shanks and DFs against Dimitrov was very high by Nadal's standard and it seems the different bandage they used today helped him a lot as his play didn't appear affected at all unlike prior matches.

I think Dimitrov's shotmaking and power had more to do with Nadal's errors than the bandage did.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Roger is gonna regret not taking his bh dtl , I think Stan will unload on his bh dtl..I thought Fed played excellent the 1st set .Rafa just broke his will and just have the perfect game to defeat Fed ,

I hope you're kidding.

Dude, dont get it twisted..I said Fed should have some cuts and directed his bh dtl instead of cc

Forehands up the line, and inside-out forehands - now that is a different story.

Watch Stan or better yet Nicky A.. they can execute that shot with ease

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:
Cali his forehand and serve were awful, the forehand missing left and right and on serve he basically used two second serves for God knows what reason

There's your typical hyperbole.

Fed was hitting clean for the most part. He had his shanks once he lost the first set and got deflated, but calling his forehand awful is absurd.

The problem is what he looking to do with it. If he wants to continue to pound Rafa's backhand, then he can finish his career 10-30 against Nadal. I hope he enjoys himself.

It is not hyperbole at all, he was missing his forehand badly and it got to the point where he was putting nothing on it. The problem is he loses confidence in the forehand too easily these days. As soon as he misses a few he starts pushing them back in and that will never work against Nadal. Wouldn't work against any top player really. He is never beating Nadal with the backhand. That should be obvious to anyone.

Federer has to defy conventionality against Nadal and look to go forehand to forehand. The shots are there. It just takes an extreme commitment to that pattern.

But Nadal fans don't have to worry - the likelihood of that happening is very slim.

You dont know what you are talking about.. If thar was an option surely Roger and all his great coaches and advisers would have to attack Rafa fh with his Fh.

What makes you so convinced of that?......Lol

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

I hope you're kidding.

Yeah, and is Federer as strong as Wawrinka, or as much of a power player?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Front242 said:
crystalfire said:
Wow. Couldn't even get a set. Every single time I think fed has a chance against rafa I'm always disappointed. That's it I'm done. I doubt fed will ever beat him again. I feel like rafa can play with one hand and still manage to win. This is just ridiculous. Even dimitrov and nishikori played him tough. Ughhhh

His form leading up to today was definitely good enough to manage at least a set so yeah that was utterly disappointing. In fairness though, Rafa was garbage against Nishikori and Dimitrov and clearly played his best match of the tournament today. The amount of shanks and DFs against Dimitrov was very high by Nadal's standard and it seems the different bandage they used today helped him a lot as his play didn't appear affected at all unlike prior matches.

I think Dimitrov's shotmaking and power had more to do with Nadal's errors than the bandage did.

Well he definitely played a good match alright (far better than Federer) and it's good to see him at quarter final stages already.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
I hope you're kidding.

You tell me, I just discovered this week that you are a Fed fan.. I dont know how strong Roger is:lolz:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

You tell me, I just discovered this week that you are a Fed fan.. I dont know how strong Roger is:lolz:

You have to be kidding. I have seen Federer play countless matches. He doesn't hit the ball with as much pop as Wawrinka does on a consistent basis off the backhand.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:

You have to be kidding. I have seen Federer play countless matches. He doesn't hit the ball with as much pop as Wawrinka does on a consistent basis off the backhand.

Yeah but and here's a big but, Fed doesn't need anywhere near as much time to hit his backhands as Wawrinka. Both Wawrinka and Gasquet in particular take massive cuts at the ball on the backhands but they also need a bit more time to do so. And that's hard when Nadal is bossing them round the court.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
calitennis127 said:
Front242 said:
crystalfire said:

Well he definitely played a good match alright (far better than Federer) and it's good to see him at quarter final stages already.
I didn't see highlights yet but this was just a beat down anyway you look at it. I'm more worried about those 17 slam record. I'm pretty sure rafa will win Sunday. And French open is a given. That means he'll have 15. It's not hard to imagine him winning wimby or US or both Potentially could tie Feds record this year. From now on If I see rafa in Feds half Feds not winning the tourney. Plain and simple. SOO DISSAPPOINTED RIGHT NOW.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Start praying Novak cleans his act up for RG and also Rafa's done nothing at Wimbledon the last 2 years so the jury is still very much out on that one. Mind you, neither did Roger last year :D

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I hereby resolve that with immediate effect, I will never ever watch another Fedal match
with the expectation that Fed will win. :cry:cry:cry

What a disappointing night? Not only he lost, he played well only for the first half of
first set. He actually played bettter in Cincinnattti last year as he played there well
for one and half set. :cry:cry:cry

I thought rejunevated Fed will help, thought healed back will help, thought Edberge
will help, thought faster courts will help, thought blisters will aid. Nothing helped
finally.

But, I am confident that performance of Fed in 2014 will be better than that of 2013
based on his wins over Tsonga and Murray. But, being better than Fed'13 is trivial as
Fed'13 was miserable.

Baby Fed could not beat Nadal. Now, Papa Fed also could not beat.

Swiss #2 could not beat Nadal; Let us see whether Swiss #1 could beat Nadal.

Go STAN, STAN the Man.

On the positive side, I can get regular sleep from now on. I don't care to watch
any of the remaining matches live at night 3.30.

Agreed. Never watching fedal. Again. Actually I stopped watching a while back. I feel your pain

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm starting to think he's actually going to help Rafa get to 17 easier. He seems to be able to eliminate Murray and Djoker making Rafa's life easier. Sigh... I didn't even bother watching todays match. Why go down that road? If he'd won I could have poured myself a beer and watched. The disparity in the H2H has become to big to ignore now :(

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I honestly couldn't care less about the h2h at this stage given how many were on clay as there's no shame losing to him on clay given practically everyone else does too. What annoys me is the poor matches he plays to bend over and give Nadal another slam. He should have more pride and try harder as he's clearly a proud man. There was a ton at stake today and he played well below par even by recent slam matches against Nadal. Not even winning a set was the icing on the out of date stale cake.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll take your word for it! I'll never watch it, just can't bring myself to do that. As it stands he has to radically improve his ranking which shouldn't be too hard if his form is sustained. He needs to be on the other side of the draw from Rafa and hope others do the work for him. I hate saying that, but he just doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude to take Rafa on anymore

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not worried about the ranking at all as he has very little to defend at all most of the year! So it's bound to shoot up soon. Plus the others keep shifting rank too. Look at Del Potro. Lost in the R64 and gets to career high ranking ROFL!

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
I honestly couldn't care less about the h2h at this stage given how many were on clay as there's no shame losing to him on clay given practically everyone else does too. What annoys me is the poor matches he plays to bend over and give Nadal another slam. He should have more pride and try harder as he's clearly a proud man. There was a ton at stake today and he played well below par even by recent slam matches against Nadal. Not even winning a set was the icing on the out of date stale cake.

yup. this is what hurts the most. :nono

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
I'll take your word for it! I'll never watch it, just can't bring myself to do that. As it stands he has to radically improve his ranking which shouldn't be too hard if his form is sustained. He needs to be on the other side of the draw from Rafa and hope others do the work for him. I hate saying that, but he just doesn't seem to have the mental fortitude to take Rafa on anymore

definitely agree. thats why these days whenever i see rafa on the same side of draw im almost always hoping someone takes out fed so he doesnt embarrass himself against rafa. its so hard to watch.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:

They've now played 33 matches. 15 (nearly half) have been on a hard court, and Rafa has won 9 -- nearly 2/3.

Also, since they have played 15 times on a hard court, and 3 times on grass, that means they've played 15 times on clay -- the same number of times on hards.

It's high time some Fed fans quit acting like 99% of their matches have been played on clay. Less than half, actually, and Rafa has a 9-6 lead on hard courts.