• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Mile said:
Is true No.1 ATPs No.1 ?

Hi Mile,

Welcome to Tennis Frontier! :)

The ATP uses a mathematical system to determine the rankings. Whichever player comes out on top is the No. 1 ranked player.

Does that answer your question?

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Mile said:
Is true No.1 ATPs No.1 ?

Hi Mile,

The ATP uses a mathematical system to determine the rankings. Whichever player comes out on top is the No. 1 ranked player.

Is this system good made ? I read not long ago about malfunctions of it by todays No.1

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Mile said:
tented said:
Mile said:
Is true No.1 ATPs No.1 ?

Hi Mile,

Is this system good made ? I read not long ago about malfunctions of it by todays No.1

The system is working perfectly fine. You can read more about it here:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The crux of what Denisovic wants is, don't ever praise Djoker's win because of his defense ability - because it's not a glorious aspect, it makes a 'pusher'.... it's just not that impressive. What we should praise Djoker for, is that Novak has the best serve ever, the best fh and bh ever (imo his bh is really up there), the best volleys ever, the biggest game ever.....etc, as for best defense.... pfffft, don't even go there, you are insulting him..... Novak's game is the best ever so how the hell can anybody force him to defend?

If you don't comply with the rules above on how to praise him properly, you are biased.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think people are reading a little bit too much into Djokovic's win at the World Tour Finals. While I was of course very happy to see the outcome pan out as it did, I still don't see as much evidence as I'd like that Djokovic has made the necessary adjustments to ensure that there will be no more US Open final repeats when playing Nadal.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
I think people are reading a little bit too much into Djokovic's win at the World Tour Finals. While I was of course very happy to see the outcome pan out as it did, I still don't see as much evidence as I'd like that Djokovic has made the necessary adjustments to ensure that there will be no more US Open final repeats when playing Nadal.

I agree. He should have hip replacements, hernia, 12 operations, take 9 months off, get fat, lose much of his physicality/fitness/stamina, and produce a good performance against Dodig... that should reinforce his chances.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
calitennis127 said:

I agree. He should have hip replacements, hernia, 12 operations, take 9 months off, get fat, lose much of his physicality/fitness/stamina, and produce a good performance against Dodig... that should reinforce his chances.

:lolz:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ricardo said:
The crux of what Denisovic wants is, don't ever praise Djoker's win because of his defense ability - because it's not a glorious aspect, it makes a 'pusher'.... it's just not that impressive. What we should praise Djoker for, is that Novak has the best serve ever, the best fh and bh ever (imo his bh is really up there), the best volleys ever, the biggest game ever.....etc, as for best defense.... pfffft, don't even go there, you are insulting him..... Novak's game is the best ever so how the hell can anybody force him to defend?

If you don't comply with the rules above on how to praise him properly, you are biased.

Hello Ricardo,

This might be of interest to you.