WTF Final: Djokovic vs Nadal

Who wins Novak or Rafa?

• Total voters

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Glad to see No2e win this. I'm not a Murray fan, but I missed him this tournament...He always makes things a lot more interesting.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:
This was totally unfair. Next year it has to be on clay and outdoors.

Don't lampoon others' notion of unfair, which no one has called out here. You're the one still crying over line calls at the French Open.

Them I don't call unfair but criminal and btw the so called umpire has not been seen on atp tour ever since

Do you mean Pascal Maria? He has been umpire for matches at this year's Wimbledon and USOpen, (which has already been proven to you, in PMs.) We've told you already about trying to slur him on these forums. Your resentful, childish, and erroneous notion of revenge via slander will not be tolerated. This is your warning. Don't do it again.

It is not proven to me. If it was you wouldn't be angry. Where are those "videos"?

Apparently you don't read your PMs:

Murray v. Verdasco at Wimbledon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2AEvcG3Wcs

Wawrinka v. Bagdahtis at the USO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEqjPvLCBtE

Federer v. Berlocq at the USO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLhMKSVIZA
And if it was me, no, I wouldn't be so angry and slanderous and conspiratorial as you. The call wasn't wrong. What do you want from the guy, a free pass? It also wasn't the end of the game, or Novak's only chance in it. Nor his only chance to win the match. It was one point. Significant, but not the only thing that changed the fortunes of a 4 hr. 40 min. match. You need to get a grip on your anger over that one call.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
Don't lampoon others' notion of unfair, which no one has called out here. You're the one still crying over line calls at the French Open.

Them I don't call unfair but criminal and btw the so called umpire has not been seen on atp tour ever since

Do you mean Pascal Maria? He has been umpire for matches at this year's Wimbledon and USOpen, (which has already been proven to you, in PMs.) We've told you already about trying to slur him on these forums. Your resentful, childish, and erroneous notion of revenge via slander will not be tolerated. This is your warning. Don't do it again.

It is not proven to me. If it was you wouldn't be angry. Where are those "videos"?

Apparently you don't read your PMs:

Murray v. Verdasco at Wimbledon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2AEvcG3Wcs

Wawrinka v. Bagdahtis at the USO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEqjPvLCBtE

Federer v. Berlocq at the USO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLhMKSVIZA
And if it was me, no, I wouldn't be so angry and slanderous and conspiratorial as you. The call wasn't wrong. What do you want from the guy, a free pass? It also wasn't the end of the game, or Novak's only chance in it. Nor his only chance to win the match. It was one point. Significant, but not the only thing that changed the fortunes of a 4 hr. 40 min. match. You need to get a grip on your anger over that one call.

The calls were very wrong and your videos are from slams and as you know slams are not part of ATP tour. Where are those examples of Pascal refereeing on atp tour after FO? I honestly don't know of any.

Most important question for you. What was wrong about discussing this in a separate thread that I created? If you thought I was wrong you could have proved me wrong there instead of dropping the thread.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am curious as to what kind of "proof" is going to be enough for Mastoor to stop his wild , unproven theories.

In the face of actual proof, he won't defend it, he'll just ignore it.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am curious as to what kind of "proof" is going to be enough for Mastoor to stop his wild , unproven theories.

What are those wild and unproven theories first of all?

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:

All your proofs to me and when I say you I mean Nadal fans here is telling me how wrong I am and that what I say is outrageous. Those words don't prove anything. You rarely have valid arguments for anything.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
1972Murat said:

What are those wild and unproven theories first of all?

That a certain umpire has not been seen since the French Open.

Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:

All your proofs to me and when I say you I mean Nadal fans here is telling me how wrong I am and that what I say is outrageous. Those words don't prove anything. You rarely have valid arguments for anything.

It's actually the "proof" that is proving you wrong.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:

What are you basing YOUR arguments on Mastoor?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Glad to see No2e win this. I'm not a Murray fan, but I missed him this tournament...He always makes things a lot more interesting.

It will be interesting to see how quickly it takes Murray to get back into the swing of things. AO might be too early and it could be Indian Wells before he's making hay again.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
I. Haychew said:

It will be interesting to see how quickly it takes Murray to get back into the swing of things. AO might be too early and it could be Indian Wells before he's making hay again.

Good question, and I've wondered that myself. Murray will be a big question mark for AO. However, since Rafa hit the blocks running in his comeback, I'd be surprised if Andy doesn't take a page from his book and come back very ready…whenever that is.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Denisovich said:
If yesterday's level of play is an indication of anything, it's going to be a relatively straightforward affair. Something like 6 - 3 6 - 2 for Djokovic.

As a reminder :D :wow::celeb::celeb::p:devil:plot

groovy gifs.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Mastoor said:
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:

What are you basing YOUR arguments on Mastoor?

That's very good question. What kind of arguments you can actually have when all your attempts to talk about tennis others turn into conversation about you in which they call you idiot, moron, outrageous, drop your threads or posts.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Novak is the man in form and obviously played at a much higher level today than we've seen from him so far. Unbeaten since the US Open, which is a great response to his disappointment there. The surface definitely suits him better, although Rafa leads him in h2h at the WTF, also beating him in London in 2010. But Novak is a great player and will be up to end the season high.

However, he's playing Rafa Nadal. And Nadal is playing better here than at anywhere since the US Open. He's fresh and combative.

Nadal, maybe in two, but hopefully it's a classic and goes deep in the third. These guys have a great rivalry and they'll serve us up an interesting match, whoever wins. Novak is favourite, but I like this Nadal...

Have you ever picked against Nadal in any match? Ever?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Kieran said:
Novak is the man in form and obviously played at a much higher level today than we've seen from him so far. Unbeaten since the US Open, which is a great response to his disappointment there. The surface definitely suits him better, although Rafa leads him in h2h at the WTF, also beating him in London in 2010. But Novak is a great player and will be up to end the season high.

However, he's playing Rafa Nadal. And Nadal is playing better here than at anywhere since the US Open. He's fresh and combative.

Nadal, maybe in two, but hopefully it's a classic and goes deep in the third. These guys have a great rivalry and they'll serve us up an interesting match, whoever wins. Novak is favourite, but I like this Nadal...

Have you ever picked against Nadal in any match? Ever?

No, I rarely pick against Rafa in big matches, if ever. Maybe stuff like Beijing, which isn't huge to him. He's the greatest player I've ever seen and I tend to think he'll win the big matches, regardless of opponent or surface. Of course, he can't win every match, as this week shows, but even still, losses surprise me more than come as expected...

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ok unfortunately the ATP doesn't give us all the statistics, but these are telling nonetheless:

Nadal - Djokovic

Total points won: 52 - 67
Aces: 1 - 6
DF: 4 - 0
Break points created: 3 - 11

And I know for sure that Rafa only had three winners in the first set.

After the match Rafa said this:

"I think at the beginning he was playing much better than me. The first three games, no doubt. Even the fourth…After that I didn't see that difference. I felt I was playing aggressively, going for the shots. I had the control of the points a lot of times with my forehand after the [first] three games." :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he sounds like Federer there, "it's all on my racket." Maybe these guys are so competitive that they figure it'll turn their way eventually. Fact is, he was behind the pace the whole match - and Nole set the pace.

2 double faults at 3-4 killed him in that set, but these things don't happen in isolation from everything else. They were a sign of the pressure he was under. He couldn't go through Novak with the ball and was forced to be impatient off the forehand, hitting it really poor. Nole was onto his dtl forehand and Rafa didn't handle this. But still, he's the great warrior, he prolly felt he'd turn it around and Novak might crack.

Sometimes as well, I think these players say this to make it look like they're not hurting, to downplay the effect of defeat...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Well, he sounds like Federer there, "it's all on my racket." Maybe these guys are so competitive that they figure it'll turn their way eventually. Fact is, he was behind the pace the whole match - and Nole set the pace.

2 double faults at 3-4 killed him in that set, but these things don't happen in isolation from everything else. They were a sign of the pressure he was under. He couldn't go through Novak with the ball and was forced to be impatient off the forehand, hitting it really poor. Nole was onto his dtl forehand and Rafa didn't handle this. But still, he's the great warrior, he prolly felt he'd turn it around and Novak might crack.

Sometimes as well, I think these players say this to make it look like they're not hurting, to downplay the effect of defeat...

Question Mr K, Are you worried about Rafa in future matches with Djoker? I am NOT.. First, Congrats to Novak and his fans on another great year(a Slam, holding on to the number One ranking for the majority of this calendar year plus a brilliant indoor hard court season again). Rafa's comeback this year was unforgettable and remarkable. Does Novak has Rafa's number again or is it the law of averages vs a player whom weakness plays into your strengths. I truly feels that it the latter. I will leave it at that because I feel in the true spirit of competition its not the fair to be dismissive of Novak's 22 match winning streak.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Question Mr K, Are you worried about Rafa in future matches with Djoker? I am NOT.. First, Congrats to Novak and his fans on another great year(a Slam, holding on to the number One ranking for the majority of this calendar year plus a brilliant indoor hard court season again). Rafa's comeback this year was unforgettable and remarkable. Does Novak has Rafa's number again or is it the law of averages vs a player whom weakness plays into your strengths. I truly feels that it the latter. I will leave it at that because I feel in the true spirit of competition its not the fair to be dismissive of Novak's 22 match winning streak.

Hey A-P,

You know, it depends. If Rafa treats this defeat in a Roger-esque way - by denying he was outplayed and insists it was on his racket - then it would suggest he's not dealing with it. It's not a biggie. It's not a deal-breaker - he got beaten on his worst surface, by a guy who's great indoors and playing great at the moment.

Novak had figured out the dtl forehand and waved it back successfully, but on another surface these shots are going through him. Rafa served woefully at the beginning too, and not so much better throughout. It just wasn't his day. It wasn't his week! He struggled against traditional whipping boys Stan and Berdy. Only against Federer did he look halfways decent. So I wouldn't set huge store by this, going into 2014. Rafa has looked like schools-out since Flushing Meadows. The intensity of the summer HC season is missing. It's disappointing to lose, but I don't expect it to resonate. He knows Novak is his rival now, and he knows he'll lose against him. He'll rest, regroup, and come back fresher in January...

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to the great Serbinator, he played great