Writer's & reader's civilised & serious conversation conference

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
There were many more pyramid videos if you would like me to share them.

Horsa

Reactions
I think we could all do with this before going to bed with all the bad news. I could anyway or I'll end up having nightmares.

Horsa

Reactions
To what extent does freedom of speech need protecting? Whose freedom of speech needs protecting? How do we choose who need the right to air their opinion & when? How do we choose whose opinions we need to respect?

Horsa

Reactions
Sometimes we just need to calm ourselves down.
Sometimes we need to take a deep breath & turn our frown upside down.
Sometimes it's only right for us to frown.

Sometimes we just need to air our views.
Sometimes we have nothing but bad news.
Sometimes we just blow our fuse.

We all need a place to vent.
Sometimes all the wrong messages are sent.
Sometimes we all say things that aren't meant.

We need to just let ourselves be.
We need to let ourselves be free.
We sometimes need to agree to disagree.

We all have minds of our own.
Sometimes we have to stand up for what we believe in even if we stand alone.
Sometimes we have to have a little moan.

Horsa

Reactions
I've been at my Sister's over the bonfire night weekend because she's scared of fireworks. I've been watching Catherine Cookson films with her so she could see which parts of them were filmed at Beamish where we took her this year which I was glad of because it's my favourite museum & reading a book which is different from what I'd normally read. I've been reading "A thousand splendid suns". I'm not really enjoying it but you don't have to enjoy a book to get something out of it. The true purpose of reading is to weigh things up & consider them. There is an element of truth to most fiction. It helped me get to grips as to what's gone off in Afghanistan & why. I wouldn't say any of the governments Afghanistan have had has been good & innocent. Afghans haven't had much choice though. It also made me realise that everyone is brainwashed in a way by being taught to think the way society wants them to think & in some cases government & the church.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Afghanistan isn't really a state in the sense of the western view of a state... it's tribal within... and wild. Not a place anyone can really govern with effect... it's been used though... largely by the west to open up a front with Russia, but it then became like Frankenstein's monster...

Horsa

Reactions
Afghanistan isn't really a state in the sense of the western view of a state... it's tribal within... and wild. Not a place anyone can really govern with effect... it's been used though... largely by the west to open up a front with Russia, but it then became like Frankenstein's monster...
I noticed they're back in primitive days in some ways like sometimes they haven't been allowed out of the house without a burqa on & a man. Women have a raw deal. Girls when taught are taught only what will be useful in life like cooking & cleaning & children are taught to believe what the government want them to normally anti-American propaganda & that Islam is the only proper religion & that the Koran must be lived by & believed in. The government is very draconian at times. When the Taliban took over all books except the Koran were burnt & banned & T.V. was also banned. Attendance to prayers was enforced. Since the late 70's they've had wars on & off. Though there were Afghan wars in the 19th century too.

It also made me realise that no matter how much I've been through & how hard it seems at times, compared to some people I have it quite easy. I have some choice in what I do & I have a lot of choice in what I read, for example.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
If I may suggest, "Xerxes Xylographs Xysters"

Horsa

Reactions
Of course you may. Thank you very much for your suggestion. Good 1. I like it. X is xtra hard.
If I may suggest, "Xerxes Xylographs Xysters"

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Rhazes, Avicenna, Leonardo Da Vinci & Galileo were men who were way ahead of their time in my opinion. What do you think?

Leonardo's times are a good place to look for people ahead of their time. One guy who influenced him a lot is Filippo Brunelleschi. Not only he brought architecture to a whole new level, he tried (and succeeded) to convince one poor man that he was living in somebody else's body, in an elaborated and actual surrealistic prank.

Horsa

Reactions
Leonardo's times are a good place to look for people ahead of their time. One guy who influenced him a lot is Filippo Brunelleschi. Not only he brought architecture to a whole new level, he tried (and succeeded) to convince one poor man that he was living in somebody else's body, in an elaborated and actual surrealistic prank.
Thank you very much for the extra information. I didn't know about the other guy. I checked him out. I agree with you. He was way ahead of his time. How fascinating! Lol. That's their version of an April fools joke being took to extremes I guess. Haha! I feel sorry for the poor victim though.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
Some people work better when doing things straight off the top of the head.
Overthinking for them instead of making them make less mistakes makes them make more instead.
Some people just come up with ideas for poems, stories, songs etc. without any thought or dream them up in bed.

They often get told they put a lot of thought into things.
They just get asked something & a bell just rings.

Their learning style is normally straight away or not at all.
Susceptibility to lack of self-esteem & confidence is a burden to which they fall.

They don't always realise how capable they are.
They don't always realise they can go far.

Other people make mistakes when they're not really thinking.
With no thought their efforts & successes go sinking.

Horsa

Reactions
I'm reading "A house to let" by Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell & Adelaide Ann Proctor at the moment.

Horsa

Reactions
I thought it only right to post this song to remember & respect people who fought & died for us in the wars as it's 11/11 tomorrow.