Women’s Olympics - Tokyo 2021

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I am not a fan of Karen the 'ball basher' lol! or a fan of Sasha .....so I am not interested in the mens match at all
OCO; who isn't trying to take the cover off the ball; including women? This is why the sport can be unwatchable at times! I can't tell you how offended I can get when it comes to the new tech stealing good play from someone! Squash shots have become the norm when it was almost never done "back in the day" because you might break your wrist with those old, wooden rackets! It kills me to see someone hit a brilliant shot, come into the net, only to see some blind, reflex shot go for a winner against them! This has absolutely nothing to do with skill IMO and I'm not changing! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marijana Veljovic will be the umpire for today's gold medal match between Bencic and Vondrousova adding to a career resume that already has an AO and Wimbledon final on it.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the Women's Doubles Bronze Medal Match

Kudermetova/Vesnina (ROC) vs Pigossi/Stefani (BRA.....1 set set all.....t/break just begun.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
In the Women's Doubles Bronze Medal Match

Kudermetova/Vesnina (ROC) vs Pigossi/Stefani (BRA.....1 set set all.....t/break just begun.

It;s over! The Russians had a ton of MP's in the STB and blew it allowing the Brazilians to come all the way back for victory! :partying-face: :ptennis:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A hard fought win for the Brazilian team who saved 4MPs and congratulations for winning the Bronze Medal in the Women's Doubles match

L.Pigossi/L.Stefani (BRA) d V.Kudermetova/E.Vesnina (ROC) 46 64 11-9.

BTW Vesnina reaching Roland Garos,Wimbledon and Olympic finals after returning to the WTA tour five months ago...well done!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bronze medal women's singles match has just started between Svitolina and Rybakina
I am on night duty so I will record this match and the gold medal womens match
Good luck to all the ladies and enjoy the tennis everyone.
OI Oi Oi for Ash Barty and John Peers in the Bronze Mixed Doubles match as well....like how could I forget them:)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Mrs Monfils Svitolina defeated Rablinka to win the Bronze.. BRAVO..Time to go to honeymoon and baby making time . She ain't gonna be a real threat to win a slam anytime soon.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hard fought gold by Belinda Bencic over her doubles partner Marketa Vondrousova - congrats for a brilliant final

1627743506015.png

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Krejicova and Siniacova are regular partners and is a tough pair. I don't see any chance of Switzerland beating them in the doubles final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got home from work and read that Novak withdrew in the Bronze Mixed Doubles match? with injured shoulder after his mens singles match? whatever Novak

Ash Barty/John Peers received the Bronze Medal in the Mixed Doubles Match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mrs Monfils Svitolina defeated Rablinka to win the Bronze.. BRAVO..Time to go to honeymoon and baby making time . She ain't gonna be a real threat to win a slam anytime soon.
Happy for Elina,she said winning a medal for her country especially a Gold medal is like winning a Grand Slam lol!

• Haha

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

She just needed the fandom to give up on her like some around here! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: I personally can't keep these players' name straight, the rankings bounce around so much on the WTA! I keep hearing things on TV like "8 Majors with 8 different winners!" Osaka may have broughtt stability to the top of the rankings with Barty, but they ran her off! Even in the bad old days I can't remember such parity on the men's side! It was a likely possibilty since many skipped AO & FO for a while there in the 70's! Now every Major is conveted; esp. by the Big 3 trying to rise above the others! Fed's just about out of the running for GOAT-dom on the official side, but fan-dom will keep him up there for years to come! Borg's still a legend with just 11 Majors to his name! Fed might have gotten the benefit of the doubt if he had shut it down in 2012! :yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina Svitolina,

After all the failures at RG and Wimbledon it was mentally tough for me.But I'm glad to find some hidden reserves and have this tremendous week at the Olympics.I did my best today and put all the efforts to win the bronze medal for my country".

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Elina Svitolina,

After all the failures at RG and Wimbledon it was mentally tough for me.But I'm glad to find some hidden reserves and have this tremendous week at the Olympics.I did my best today and put all the efforts to win the bronze medal for my country".
I think the same thing went on in the career of Elena Dementieva from way back when! She got all the hype, made major SF's & Finals, but wound up only picking up OG! It was a tough era with The Williams', Hingis, Davenporte, Sharapova, Myskina, Mauresmo., & Kutznetsova! :dance2:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the same thing went on in the career of Elena Dementieva from way back when! She got all the hype, made major SF's & Finals, but wound up only picking up OG! It was a tough era with The Williams', Hingis, Davenporte, Sharapova, Myskina, Mauresmo., & Kutznetsova! :dance2:

If only Dementieva had a Serve she could have won GS.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gold Medal Matches on the 1st August,
Centre Court starting at 16.00 local time,

Women's Gold Medal Doubles match,

Krejcikova/Siniakova (1) (CZE) vs Bencic/Golubic (SUI)

3rd match on Centre Court,

Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match,

Vesnina/Karatsev (ROC) vs Palyuchenkova/Rublev (4) (ROC).

Last edited: