Women’s Olympics - Tokyo 2021

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mrs Monfils (Svitolina) is playing like she wants to win a medal..I think Muguruza will take the gold
I am liking Pavs at the moment she has hardly lost many games getting to the q/finals, I have always had a soft spot for her,she is one of the 'pure strikers of the ball' in the WTA ( I hope I have not jinxed her)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mareta Vondrousova wins on retirement from Paula Badosa ,Marketa won the 1st set 63 and Badosa retired after
I am trying to find out the reason for retirement...I hope it is not serious injury or heat related
I was watching another match after the 1st set...Paula called the doctor on court and decided to retire it was 'heat related' shame,Badosa left the court in a wheel chair.That is the 4th player to retire in the Olympics with Heat Distress.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching the No 1 doubles players Krejcikova/Sinakova too good for my Aussie pair of Barty/Sanders winning in 3 sets.

Just went to watch Bencic and Pavs match........OMG Bencic wins the 1st set 6-0....what the hell Pavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pavs wins the 2nd set 63 and now going to a decider
Bencic won the 1st 60
Pavs had her chances in the final set,Bencic wins 60 36 63 to make the s/finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought we were not going to call Garbine Murguruza "Garbage" anymore, after a lengthy discussion.It is Highly Offensive.

It is disgusting to refer to anyone as Garbage and it is not FUNNY Okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the interest of player health and welfare and following extensive consultation,tennis events will begin at 3pm JST from Thursday 29th July.( 4 players have had to retire with Heat Distress.Paula Badosa had to be put in a wheelchair yesterday as she could not walk off court due to heat distress.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Women's S/Finals.......Thursday 29th July.

Belinda Bencic (9) vs Elena Rybakina (15) First meeting

Elina Svitolina (4) vs Marketa Vondrousova H2H Svitolina 3-1

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
In the interest of player health and welfare and following extensive consultation,tennis events will begin at 3pm JST from Thursday 29th July.( 4 players have had to retire with Heat Distress.Paula Badosa had to be put in a wheelchair yesterday as she could not walk off court due to heat distress.

Did they say that? Please! The only reason it's starting later is b/c there are fewer matches! They aren't doing the players or fans any favors! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did they say that? Please! The only reason it's starting later is b/c there are fewer matches! They aren't doing the players or fans any favors! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I think players,like Novak has asked the matches to be played later in the day, due to the heat factor,that was a few days ago.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think players,like Novak has asked the matches to be played later in the day, due to the heat factor,that was a few days ago.
If these people cared what people thought, this event wouldn't be going on now! The populous at large are 9 to 1 against this invasion of their country while a pandemic rages! I love giving people the benefit of the doubt, but this Japanese OC a-holes lied about the climate conditions! They knew they were lying and that's unforgivable! They were even busted on it, but decided "the games go on! $$'s t/b made! Pandemic be damned!" :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If these people cared what people thought, this event wouldn't be going on now! The populous at large are 9 to 1 against this invasion of their country while a pandemic rages! I love giving people the benefit of the doubt, but this Japanese OC a-holes lied about the climate conditions! They knew they were lying and that's unforgivable! They were even busted on it, but decided "the games go on! $$'s t/b made! Pandemic be damned!" :facepalm:
Well putting Tokyo in a 'state of emergency' for the games has done little to stop the rising numbers of COVID in the country,regardless of what their people think,that the games should have been cancelled.Lets us hope in 2024 ,the olympics in Paris, ,this horrd pandemic will be gone hopefully.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well putting Tokyo in a 'state of emergency' for the games has done little to stop the rising numbers of COVID in the country ,regardless of what their people think that the games should have been cancelled.Lets us hope in 2024 the Olympics in Paris, this horrd pandemic will be gone; hopefully.

IDK about being gone, but manageable would be nice! Here in the States there are conservative parts of the country that are still fighting to preserve their rights to be jerks! They're showing up in hospitals more and more, now begging for a vaccination that will do them no good! I hate making Federal mandates, but it wouldn't be the 1st time we've done it! Children are commanded by law to have shots to stave off measles, mumps, & chicken pox to attend public school! Out in Calif. & New York I'm sure we've had a segment of elitists who thought they could/should cheat the system by buying proof of vac. over actually doing it! It's backfired on all concerned! I'm just glad I'm old and have learned to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to the madness around me as things "go to $#!t!" :facepalm: Is that a little too morose? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
IDK about being gone, but manageable would be nice! Here in the States there are conservative parts of the country that are still fighting to preserve their rights to be jerks! They're showing up in hospitals more and more, now begging for a vaccination that will do them no good! I hate making Federal mandates, but it wouldn't be the 1st time we've done it! Children are commanded by law to have shots to stave off measles, mumps, & chicken pox to attend public school! Out in Calif. & New York I'm sure we've had a segment of elitists who thought they could/should cheat the system by buying proof of vac. over actually doing it! It's backfired on all concerned! I'm just glad I'm old and have learned to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to the madness around me as things "go to $#!t!" :facepalm: Is that a little too morose? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
In Sydney were are in lockdown for another month,it will be 2 months,we cannot get a grip on this Delta variant of COVID,which spreads quickly,I am back in ICU,we have had a death of a young woman in her 30's with no underlying issues,all of the patients have not been vaccinated.Our government now and health officials are pleading with people to get vaccinated.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
In Sydney we're are in lockdown for another month. It will be 2 months. We cannot get a grip on this Delta variant of COVID which spreads quickly. I am back in ICU. We have had a death of a young woman in her 30's with no underlying issues. All of the patients have not been vaccinated.Our government now and health officials are pleading with people to get vaccinated.

Conservatives have hindered our efforts here, making it akin to Nazi German death camps when we even hint at another lockdown! Without a doubt, we're the most self-indulgent community in the world who HATE being even inconvenienced! It's so easy to change things because no ones' ever really satisfied! We have so much we can do to keep us occupied, but some flip out! I'm not shedding one tear for us when other countries are truly in a bad way! They can't order "take out" or a movie on the internet! I get so frustrated with the masses at times! They're NEVER HAPPY! I'm satisfied AF, but I've already lived while these young 'uns have been spoiled rotten by inattentive parents of my generation! :anxious-face-with-sweat:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Conservatives have hindered our efforts here, making it akin to Nazi German death camps when we even hint at another lockdown! Without a doubt, we're the most self-indulgent community in the world who HATE being even inconvenienced! It's so easy to change things because no ones' ever really satisfied! We have so much we can do to keep us occupied, but some flip out! I'm not shedding one tear for us when other countries are truly in a bad way! They can't order "take out" or a movie on the internet! I get so frustrated with the masses at times! They're NEVER HAPPY! I'm satisfied AF, but I've already lived while these young 'uns have been spoiled rotten by inattentive parents of my generation! :anxious-face-with-sweat:
In the matter of one's health sometimes we have to be 'inconvenienced' this is a world wide pandemic that is not going away,people have to manage the best they can and always take precautions.We will have to learn how to live with this pandemic the best way we can.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Women's S/Finals.......Thursday 29th July.

Belinda Bencic (9) vs Elena Rybakina (15) First meeting

Elina Svitolina (4) vs Marketa Vondrousova H2H Svitolina 3-1

I know predictions in WTF are done at one's own peril. But, that does not stop me.

I pick Belinda and Vondu to win these semifinal matches.

I have had it with Svitolina. She has done this several times. Just when you think she is rounding up to form, she will promptly lose the next match.