Wimbledon Seedings

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Khachanov got #31 seed due to his grass court performance. Kohly is tricky, but is getting old. I don't consider Paire to be tricky.
If nothing, you've got to consider Paire to be dangerously inconsisent. Not sure about his grass chops. Kohly is getting old, but we're kind of talking about people who could spoil, right? None of the guys you mentioned is going to win the tournament. I'd also say that Haase and Struff might be guys you didn't want to see in your first round.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what about Delpo ? will he play ??

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Giles Mueller is dangerous.

Agreed. But, he is seeded #16. So he will not be facing any higher seeds before R16. Dangerous floaters by definition are unseeded players who might cause an upset.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JMDP is seeded around #30. But, it is not very clear whether he will actually play at Wimbledon or not.
Well, he's making the long trip from Argentina, and he's scheduled to play the exhibition at The Boodles, so it looks like he's going to try.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
go
Well, he's making the long trip from Argentina, and he's scheduled to play the exhibition at The Boodles, so it looks like he's going to try.
good news, hope he's healthy this time

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Wimbledon officially announced the seeds for 2017 today. The top 16 were exactly the same as what I posted few days ago. However, I thought Verdasco would not be seeded and listed him as one of my dangerous floaters. But, Verdasco has been seeded and so he can no longer be considered a dangerous floater.

The dangerous floaters are as follows.

1. Dustin Brown.
2. Tommy Haas
3. Nicolas Mahut
4. Rosol (needs to win final round of quals to enter MD)
5. Stakhovsky (needs to win final round of quals to enter MD)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All this talk of Rafa being seeded second and what do I see: Djokovic seeded no 2. He will get either Rafa or Fed in the semis if they make it and he avoids Murray. Good. Let's hope Rafa ends up in Djokovic's half, that would be a clearer path to the final.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All this talk of Rafa being seeded second and what do I see: Djokovic seeded no 2. He will get either Rafa or Fed in the semis if they make it and he avoids Murray. Good. Let's hope Rafa ends up in Djokovic's half, that would be a clearer path to the final.
...for Rafa.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Wimbledon officially announced the seeds for 2017 today. The top 16 were exactly the same as what I posted few days ago. However, I thought Verdasco would not be seeded and listed him as one of my dangerous floaters. But, Verdasco has been seeded and so he can no longer be considered a dangerous floater.

The dangerous floaters are as follows.

1. Dustin Brown.
2. Tommy Haas
3. Nicolas Mahut
4. Rosol (needs to win final round of quals to enter MD)
5. Stakhovsky (needs to win final round of quals to enter MD)

Brown and Haas in Murray'a quarter. Rosol and Stakhovsky in Rafa's quarter. Mahut in Fed's quarter.

I don't expect Brown, Haas, Rosol and Stakhovsky to create any upsets this year though. But, there is some chance that Mahut can take out Raonic in R2, considering Raonic is in poor form and has some injuries.