Why doesn't the press ask direct questions to players?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Why doesn't the press ask direct questions to players in the press conference?

For Federer I would ask- Since Nadull has a better H2H than you, is he better than you?

For Nadull - 11/17 slams are on one surface namely clay including one fluke USO so essentially 11/16 on clay, so how can you be a GOAT contender?

For fakervic....Are Fed and dull both better than you since they have more slams than you?

So my question really is, is the press forbidden to ask such questions? What would happen if they asked such direct questions?

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Why doesn't the press ask direct questions to players in the press conference?

For Federer I would ask- Since Nadull has a better H2H than you, is he better than you?

For Nadull - 11/17 slams are on one surface namely clay including one fluke USO so essentially 11/16 on clay, so how can you be a GOAT contender?

For fakervic....Are Fed and dull both better than you since they have more slams than you?

So my question really is, is the press forbidden to ask such questions? What would happen if they asked such direct questions?
Because they would not get any response.
Maccy once asked equally direct (if not more direct) yes/no question on the court to a certain "jerk", formulating the question in such a way that he got no response. The jerk did the best he could do in such situation and spare Maccy unhealthy emotions any response would induce: Maccy was already too emotional. I think this forum may also elect to follow the jerk's lead with respect to such questions and remain silent to spare monfed.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Because they would not get any response.
Maccy once asked equally direct (if not more direct) yes/no question on the court to a certain "jerk", formulating the question in such a way that he got no response. The jerk did the best he could do in such situation and spare Maccy unhealthy emotions any response would induce: Maccy was already too emotional. I think this forum may also elect to follow the jerk's lead with respect to such questions and remain silent to spare monfed.

But you replied so thanks. :D