Which has been greater at the US Open: Nadal's overachieving or Djokovic's/Federer's underachieving?

Which has been greater at the US Open: Nadal's overachieving or Djokovic's/Federer's underachieving?

• Nadal's overachieving

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Djokovic's/Federer's underachieving

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I don't miss you but you knew that.
yes I did know that, by the way nadal might have been injured in 2012 Wimbledon but nobody really knows for sure, my option he was injured because that was only place he could have gotten the injury, rosel never beat nadal again after that so there's that.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
yes I did know that, by the way nadal might have been injured in 2012 Wimbledon but nobody really knows for sure, my option he was injured because that was only place he could have gotten the injury, rosel never beat nadal again after that so there's that.

You forget Rosol had set point for a 2 set lead the next time they played in 2014 proving Lukas ain't no flukas. It was a botched shot that cost him a 2 set lead and saved your hero's bacon. Rosol incidentally had a neck injury when they played in 2014 but almost got a 2 set lead again.

At least you claimed nobody knows for sure cos it sure as hell didnt look like anything other than his ego was injured at Wimbledon. Guys with big egos need a fall back story to back up their losses. Hence, ouch my knee. Better not play and save face.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Nadal didn't give injury excuses for early WB losses at Wimbledon such as Kyrgios, Brown or early losses like against Pouille at the USO... So the idea of some haters that he would automatically give an excuse for bad early losses is a big joke...

Reactions: Andy22

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You forget Rosol had set point for a 2 set lead the next time they played in 2014 proving Lukas ain't no flukas. It was a botched shot that cost him a 2 set lead and saved your hero's bacon. Rosol incidentally had a neck injury when they played in 2014 but almost got a 2 set lead again.

OMG, you are obsessed.

Reactions: Andy22

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer and Djokovic are great players. If they could have done better at RG v. Nadal, don't you think they would have? However, if we're handing out bonus points for "underachieving," then certainly Nadal has underachieved at the YEC, at the AO, and at Wimbledon. Certainly there were matches he left on the table there.

Please cite some specific matches that Nadal should have won at those events. I can't think of one Wimbledon match he lost where he was the better player on that day. Nadal has tried very hard to win Wimbledon again but his game has not been good enough. The court is too fast for him to be comfortable.....at the Australian Open the court is too slow for him to beat Djokovic while at Wimbledon the court is too fast for him to seriously match the best players. Federer and Djokovic in particular have too much firepower for him on grass (look at the embarrassing demolition job Djokovic did on him in the 2011 final). The US Open provides the perfect balance where he can be offensive when he steps in but also have enough time to prolong points defensively (plus with the huge stadium and the winds and the elements he has an advantage with his propensity for stable muscle-ball to draw errors).

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Please cite some specific matches that Nadal should have won at those events. I can't think of one Wimbledon match he lost where he was the better player on that day. Nadal has tried very hard to win Wimbledon again but his game has not been good enough. The court is too fast for him to be comfortable.....at the Australian Open the court is too slow for him to beat Djokovic while at Wimbledon the court is too fast for him to seriously match the best players. Federer and Djokovic in particular have too much firepower for him on grass (look at the embarrassing demolition job Djokovic did on him in the 2011 final). The US Open provides the perfect balance where he can be offensive when he steps in but also have enough time to prolong points defensively (plus with the huge stadium and the winds and the elements he has an advantage with his propensity for stable muscle-ball to draw errors).
Australia open 2012,17 Wimbledon 2007 2018, RG09 that's just five off top of my head troll boy. nadal was much better player in 2007 Wimbledon final but lost it in the head at the end. and that's just majors who know how many masters he's choked away to Djokovic over the years

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Australia open 2012,17 Wimbledon 2007 2018, RG09 that's just five off top of my head troll boy. nadal was much better player in 2007 Wimbledon final but lost it in the head at the end. and that's just majors who know how many masters he's choked away to Djokovic over the years

Australian Open 2012: Djokovic decisively won sets 2 and 3 but allowed Nadal back in it. Yes, Nadal, missed that one shot early in the 5th but it never should have gotten to that point.

Australian Open 2017: Why did Nadal choke it away? He did his very best and lost.

Wimbledon 2007: Nadal is not in Federer's league on grass. Please don't be ridiculous.

Wimbledon 2018: How can you say that Nadal choked it away? He played his best and Djokovic on the comeback, at about 75% of his best level, was still able to win.

Roland Garros 2009: Soderling was simply the better player that day.

I'm afraid you're talking complete nonsense.

Reactions: Front242

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
yes @calitennis127, we get it... when Nadal wins it's because he's lucky and has stamina and when he loses it's because he's simply not a great player... and of course when Djokovic and Federer lose it's because they choked or underperformed but when they win it's because they are amazing players. Thanks for clarifying everything... :rolleyes:

now please let us enjoy watching Nadal get the year end no.1 ranking and then beat the slam record next year... :smooch::finger:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
yes @calitennis127, we get it... when Nadal wins it's because he's lucky and has stamina and when he loses it's because he's simply not a great player... and of course when Djokovic and Federer lose it's because they choked or underperformed but when they win it's because they are amazing players. Thanks for clarifying everything... :rolleyes:

So can you point to a single match where Nadal clearly did not play to the best of his ability at a Slam and lost? Please cite one example.

now please let us enjoy watching Nadal get the year end no.1 ranking and then beat the slam record next year... :smooch::finger:

That may happen, or Djokovic may go on a tear too. I hope that Djokovic raises his level at the French because he should have far more than 1 French Open title, as you know. I think you clearly know tennis so you know Nadal has been fortunate that Djokovic has underperformed so much at Roland Garros.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So can you point to a single match where Nadal clearly did not play to the best of his ability at a Slam and lost? Please cite one example.

That may happen, or Djokovic may go on a tear too. I hope that Djokovic raises his level at the French because he should have far more than 1 French Open title, as you know. I think you clearly know tennis so you know Nadal has been fortunate that Djokovic has underperformed so much at Roland Garros.

I repeat:

we get it... when Nadal wins it's because he's lucky and has stamina and when he loses it's because he's simply not a great player... and of course when Djokovic and Federer lose it's because they choked or underperformed but when they win it's because they are amazing players. Thanks for clarifying everything... :rolleyes:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I repeat:

we get it... when Nadal wins it's because he's lucky and has stamina and when he loses it's because he's simply not a great player...

No one said Nadal isn't a great player. They just said he isn't as talented as Djokovic and Federer. And you know that too.

He has worked very hard to overachieve at the US Open and overall. And you should be proud of him for it as his fan, as I know you are. :)

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No one said Nadal isn't a great player. They just said he isn't as talented as Djokovic and Federer. And you know that too.

He has worked very hard to overachieve at the US Open and overall. And you should be proud of him for it as his fan, as I know you are. :)

I repeat:

we get it... when Nadal wins it's because he's lucky and has stamina and when he loses it's because he's simply not a great player... and of course when Djokovic and Federer lose it's because they choked or underperformed but when they win it's because they are amazing players. Thanks for clarifying everything... :rolleyes:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I repeat:

Did you enjoy Gulbis's 59 winners in Rome against Nadal?

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Australian Open 2012: Djokovic decisively won sets 2 and 3 but allowed Nadal back in it. Yes, Nadal, missed that one shot early in the 5th but it never should have gotten to that point.

Australian Open 2017: Why did Nadal choke it away? He did his very best and lost.

Wimbledon 2007: Nadal is not in Federer's league on grass. Please don't be ridiculous.

Wimbledon 2018: How can you say that Nadal choked it away? He played his best and Djokovic on the comeback, at about 75% of his best level, was still able to win.

Roland Garros 2009: Soderling was simply the better player that day.

I'm afraid you're talking complete nonsense.
bro I could just say the something about Federer everytime he's lost to nadal, [2008 Wimbledon he did his best and lost] Australia open 2009,12 14 Federer did he's best and lost] RG 2005,06 07 08 11, 19 Federer did hes best and lost] poor cry baby nadal lucky lifes not fair, lol I save the nonsense for you someone who thinks 6-1 [uso 13] set is close got to be a fanboy troll crazy person. you can lie but facts dont Federer always struggled against nadal and Djokovic in grand slams over the years [4-10 nadal] [6-10 Djokovic] that's 10-20 overall really bad bro just saying we can troll to little boy.

Last edited:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Did you enjoy Gulbis's 59 winners in Rome against Nadal?
yea we did enjoy gulbis hiting 59, winners and still loseing to a [average] nadal did you enjoy Federer being the biggest choker in tennis history [21] times lost after having match points nobody ever going to beat that record lol.:lol6:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions

nadal and Djokovic are both far more talented than Federer and you know that as well, anyway talent does not mean anything with players like dimitrov zverev ,gasquet being just as talented as big 3 but have never won a slam real talent is hard work mastering basline ect… which they all have done. also every shot I seen Federer do nadal done the some shot ten times over wheres the more talent [nowhere] anyway majors are that counts the most by the way, sorry bro but old mate Federer going to end 3rd overall goat list with Djokovic and nadal both passing him poor guy the new [pete Sampras].

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
bro I could just say the something about Federer everytime he's lost to nadal, [2008 Wimbledon he did his best and lost] Australia open 2009,12 14 Federer did he's best and lost] RG 2005,06 07 08 11, 19 Federer did hes best and lost]

How in the world can you say that Federer played his best in the 2007 and 2011 French Open finals? That is beyond ridiculous.

Btw, I do like Djokovic's game. I think he is better than Nadal too.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nadal and Djokovic are both far more talented than Federer and you know that as well,

No they don't, lol. I doubt they would say that.

anyway talent does not mean anything with players like dimitrov zverev ,gasquet being just as talented as big 3

How the hell are any of those 3 just as talented as the Big 3? You could make a case that Dimitrov at his very best would be in the same class as Federer and Djokovic (and better than Nadal), but his backhand is too shaky and his game is too robotic from the baseline.

also every shot I seen Federer do nadal done the some shot ten times

Which shot is that exactly? Federer's forehand is clearly more potent, as this year's Wimbledon match demonstrated. Nadal's forehand is meant to draw errors. Federer's forehand finishes points.

Big difference. And you know that.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
How in the world can you say that Federer played his best in the 2007 and 2011 French Open finals? That is beyond ridiculous.

Btw, I do like Djokovic's game. I think he is better than Nadal too.
no its not your ridiculous, Federer clearly played god mode tennis and still lost to a average nadal at[ French open 2007,11 ] by the way I do think Djokovic and nadal are both better players than Federer, also does not matter if you think Djokovic better than nadal he's 3 slams behind him nadal will always be better than Djokovic until he pass him on slams just like nadal [19] Federer[ 20]