Has there ever been a more eventful grand slam?

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
You;ll be pleased to hear, that this is my last article for a while
650269930.gif

This one is about Serena acting just...superbly.... and other things.
Please read!
https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/09/12/has-there-ever-been-a-more-eventful-grand-slam/

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Perhaps someone should address that booing to tennis players that happens far too often in New York. This time they did that to the chair umpire during the ceremony, but the same thing, Osaka was under impression they did that to her.

Reactions: Fiero425

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nice read man. We're only a few days since the final and already some of those anecdotes seem like they were ages ago. #liarliarpantsonfire was pretty funny by Murray.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
^ Djoker won his 14th slam under the radar. Most people get surprised when they hear how many he won so far.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
^ Djoker won his 14th Slam under the radar. Most people get surprised when they hear how many he won so far.

It seemed like Nole was at 8 majors and tied with Lendl just yesterday! It was so appropriate; both perennial #3's in the hearts and minds of all concerned, and while under the radar wound up surpassing the players the fans and ad guys loved so much! We thought he lost a season with that arm injury and figured he was no threat to Roger's 20+! Most probably thought Nadal would reign supreme in at least The Masters events, but Nole's just 2 behind after winning Cincy last month completing his "Golden Masters!" There's no reason not to believe he's back and can get only better to keep this ball rolling; maybe pad his resume with another Nole-Slam! Who else is favored to win "down under?" I was shocked so many jumped on his bandwagon to be favored at the USO, but there was little doubt as he performed admirable, getting better each Rd. to defeat a game Del PO in the final! I really wasn't sure he would come back at all seeing as his ranking was going down precipitously and it didn't have anything to do with his taking time off! He was playing and losing; IIRC 6-6 until MC or Queens! I heard he's like 32-4 since! IMO, anything Nole wins is gravy now since most of us just never saw this turnaround! :whistle: :yesyes: :p

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agreed. I think the US Open crowd and the French Open crowds are the worst.
both of those crowds are international....like all GS's crowds !! it's not like DC where you only have 2 nationalities in the stands