• Poll closed .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Given that Fed qualified just four days before start of WTF, I thought
I will start this poll. This is an anonymous poll and so your name will not
appear publicly.

According to ATP website article on Fed's Qualification, Fed qualified
for the 12th year in a row and this ties the record held by Lendl.

For the most non-consecutive appearances in WTF, Agassis hold the
record with 14 appearances. Perhaos, an attainable target.

You have until Dec. 31 2013 to vote on this poll.

p.s. I have no idea why people cannot smell the roses for few
minutes before thinking about 2014 qualification.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Intriguing question, GSM. With much less to defend next year, Roger has a good chance of getting up in the points race. I'm going to give it more of a think before I vote, though.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Good grief. This reminds me of US political analysts who started speculating on 2016 the day after last year's election. I need some time before launching into this one ...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Intriguing question, GSM. With much less to defend next year, Roger has a good chance of getting up in the points race. I'm going to give it more of a think before I vote, though.

This is race. So, does not matter whether he defends or does not defend.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, yes, I always forget that difference. OK, if he goes back to a much better year…by the end of the USO.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Roger will have only a dead cat bounce, thus the qualification will be a struggle again. He might get in or not. No idea, I am expecting him to stay in the second half of the top 10 and those usually get clearance in late fall for the WTF.

honey1269

Club Member
Reactions
He doesn't have many points to defend in 2014 so I expect him to be # 3 or 4 after Wimbledon.
Just a thought.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it's irrelevant what points he's defending if he doesn't commit to a bigger schedule - and play better.

I'll have a prediction on this one on the 22nd July and not before...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It will mostly depend on slams because I'm not sure his results at non slams will be much different. This year he made the AO semi and that's the only reason he snuck into London. Next year I think his slam results will be better, at least QF of Wimbledon and USO.

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
DarthFed said:
It will mostly depend on slams because I'm not sure his results at non slams will be much different. This year he made the AO semi and that's the only reason he snuck into London. Next year I think his slam results will be better, at least QF of Wimbledon and USO.
With the right draw, I can see him making a slam semi. If he made two, I think it would be a good year for him. There are just too many guys on the tour who can either beat him outright in the slams, or make him work so hard that he's softened up to be beaten the next round.

He had a hard time closing out K. Anderson on indoor hard court for crying out loud. Served once for the match and was broken, served for it again and had to crawl out of a double-breakpoint hole to hang on. The inability to close will make the slams much longer slogs next year than they should be, which is why two semis would be an accomplishment, given the state of his game vs the field, especially vs the top 10.

Cheers
TM

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Just giving a bump to this thread. Now that the main season is over, folks wlll
have more time to think and vote.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
During Bercy is my choice, he'll be 33 and it'll become harder and harder especially if Nadal can beat him in indoor

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This poll was conducted at the end of 2013. No one, including me, got the right answer.
In case, you don't know already, Fed qualified for WTF following his win over Milos in the
semifinals of Cincinatti.