What on Earth is going on in the world today? It's gone mad

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
In the dreaming spires, the Harry Potter sorts of Oxford university have shown once again how desperately in need of education they really are. They're quite hilarious, these lefty student groups:

http://trib.al/xHjb6fo

It's both this :cover and this :lolz:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
The latest odds that Trump will be impeached or otherwise forced to quit before the full term of four years is now at 1:1 according to betting houses based in UK.

His ratings must be improving. :snicker

By the way, he took a pop at Syria and although Russia sulked, they took it. It was unilaterally approved too, I think, with even Hillary saying it's necessary. But Trump has been busy on the world stage this last few weeks. While I welcome him standing up to Russia, I also hope he doesn't start getting cocky, if you know what I mean...
Here's my most like to go to prison bracket..1.Flynn 2. Page. 3. Manafor. 4. Stone. 5. Trump(Impeachment)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The leaks hit the French election with just two days left. The young chap is in trouble. The right wing lady might benefit.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Early exit polls have Macron winning the election, with 60% of the vote...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/07/french-election-live-marine-le-pen-emmanuel-macron-presidency/

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Good to know that Frenchies made the right decision and said no to extermists. :clap

But, Macron is an outsider and will have a lot of work beginning with building a party around him for the legislative elections.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Here's more lunacy from the Harry Potter spires of Oxford University. This kinda thing is beyond satire. In fact, everything nowadays is beyond satire, but this is really beyond it. The university’s "Equality and Diversity Unit" has declared that students who avoid making eye contact could be guilty of racism. Accordingto the article, '“not speaking directly to people” could be deemed a “racial microaggression” which can lead to “mental ill-health”.'

Dig the terminology used there! :cover

The obvious criticisms are included in the article, and so since then, these bright sparks have recanted, since it's been pointed out to them that people avoid making eye contact for many reasons, one of which maybe autism. Seeing a worthy cause, they gushed an apology and rushed to the other side:

"We made a mistake. Our newsletter was too brief to deal adequately and sensibly with the issue.
"We are sorry that we took no account of other reasons for difference in eye contact and social interaction, including disability.
"Oxford deeply values and works hard to support students and staff with disabilities, including those with autism or social anxiety disorder."

Notice how they still believe there's an "issue."

Now this apology isn't satisfactory enough, because somebody wiser than me might point out to these PC crusaders that maybe the word "disability" is an offensive, and exclusive term? Isn't there some other way of saying this, without making people feel worse about their special needs? The serious point of all this though is that there are people who are out of control with their first world issues, their liberal fads, their desire to be holier than thou, their rapidity in resorting to name calling and attacking others for racist thoughts that don't exist, closing down debate with people who don't agree with them through bogus "no platform" snowflake microaggression.

Students and universities used to be a source of revolution, but now they're more about "safe spaces" and the big stick of the thought police. Offence is too easily taken, and most especially when none has actually been given. It's a craziness that's too widespread to be simply written off as student foolishness, since these kind of revolutions in thought tend to have grave consequences further down the line...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Early exit polls have Macron winning the election, with 60% of the vote...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/07/french-election-live-marine-le-pen-emmanuel-macron-presidency/

Russia melded into these elections in France. Previously you said you wanted to feel safer with Trump in charge..To date, Trump hasn't said one word against Russia melding in France or US elections. After fired Attorney General Yates and and former national director of security Clapper testified about the Trump campaign, Trumo fires the FBI Director Comey (asshole) who is investigating Trump . ( by the way he was instructed to do so by Jeff Sessions who had to recuse himself because he lied under oath to Congress). And you feel Safe..
By the way, Flynn associates are being subpoenas by a federal grand jury. It's a matter of time before they get Flynn.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, USA is becoming like a country ruled by emperor. The Comey firing is surely because he was afraid of FBI closing on the collusion. Actually, I think Comey should be fired as he goofed off on multiple issues so far. However, Trump firing him is obviously not based on legitimate grievances against Comey.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
So, USA is becoming like a country ruled by emperor. The Comey firing is surely because he was afraid of FBI closing on the collusion. Actually, I think Comey should be fired as he goofed off on multiple issues so far. However, Trump firing him is obviously not based on legitimate grievances against Comey.

Firing someone who he praised all last Fall as a guy with guts. It's a matter of time.. sure Trump's base world wide will see no wrong. Comey was fired by a recommendation from Sessions who has Russian ties and Roestein fired Comey because he was mean to Hilary Clinton last year. Yes ,the Donald has become a tyrant trying to close the FBI case against him. This hasn't happened since Nixon fired the special independent prosecutor that was investigating then President Nixon.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sessions' appointment as AG is crazy. Even forgetting the Russian connection issue, just based on his racist remarks from the past he does not deserve the post.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Sessions' appointment as AG is crazy. Even forgetting the Russian connection issue, just based on his racist remarks from the past he does not deserve the post.

My Trump ties to Russia going to prison bracket..

1. Flynn
2. Page
3. Paul Mal.
4. Stone
5. Cohen

Session will resign, Trump impeached. Pence, God help us all.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Russia melded into these elections in France. Previously you said you wanted to feel safer with Trump in charge..To date, Trump hasn't said one word against Russia melding in France or US elections. After fired Attorney General Yates and and former national director of security Clapper testified about the Trump campaign, Trumo fires the FBI Director Comey (asshole) who is investigating Trump . ( by the way he was instructed to do so by Jeff Sessions who had to recuse himself because he lied under oath to Congress). And you feel Safe..
By the way, Flynn associates are being subpoenas by a federal grand jury. It's a matter of time before they get Flynn.

Now now, buddy, I said all along that Hillary (and Mitt Romney) were correct on Russia, and that Trump was not going to stand up to Putin, but you were so focussed on getting the Entitled One into office, and thought I was pro-Trump. It seems there's only you and Hillary don't see the real reason why she lost. My main concern was the world stage, because Obama had been so terrible internationally, he conceded crucial ground to Putin.

As for foreign interference in elections, it was wrong when Obama did it, and now it's wrong if the Russians are hacking their way through all the elections of the western world. Hacking is so prevalent nowadays. I remember Obama hacking Merkel's phone and thinking, sheesh. Where will all this end? :cover

As for Comey, that's a domestic thing for you to mull over...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Now now, buddy, I said all along that Hillary (and Mitt Romney) were correct on Russia, and that Trump was not going to stand up to Putin, but you were so focussed on getting the Entitled One into office, and thought I was pro-Trump. It seems there's only you and Hillary don't see the real reason why she lost. My main concern was the world stage, because Obama had been so terrible internationally, he conceded crucial ground to Putin.

As for foreign interference in elections, it was wrong when Obama did it, and now it's wrong if the Russians are hacking their way through all the elections of the western world. Hacking is so prevalent nowadays. I remember Obama hacking Merkel's phone and thinking, sheesh. Where will all this end? :cover

As for Comey, that's a domestic thing for you to mull over...
Comey firing will hurt us domestically but also will affect the way the world views us. Comey deserved to be fired but not while he is leading the investigation on comrade Trump.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

1. Flynn
2. Page
3. Paul Mal.
4. Stone
5. Cohen

The real question is will any of them handover Trump in exchange for immunity.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

1. Flynn
2. Page
3. Paul Mal.
4. Stone
5. Cohen

The real question is will any of them handover Trump in exchange for immunity.

Flynn may be the one because there's more known dirt on him
Page is an idiot.

Cohen is the real prison b#tch if there's a Wikipedia definition of one and most likely to sign.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I suppose the one happy side effect of the Comey affair is that Democrats can no longer accuse the man of being partisan in his handling of investigations. I remember after he opened his investigation into Hillary there were cries for him to be fired. Now the complaint is that he's been fired. He seems to have been operating outside of politics and handling each case fairly, which it was his job to do all along...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I suppose the one happy side effect of the Comey affair is that Democrats can no longer accuse the man of being partisan in his handling of investigations. I remember after he opened his investigation into Hillary there were cries for him to be fired. Now the complaint is that he's been fired. He seems to have been operating outside of politics and handling each case fairly, which it was his job to do all along...

This may be the beginning of the end for your beloved Donald..his house of cards is starting to crumbling against him and his administration.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

This may be the beginning of the end for your beloved Donald..his house of cards is starting to crumbling against him and his administration.

Hey, he ain't my beloved Donald, bro. You gave us Donald when all you had was Hillary...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Hey, he ain't my beloved Donald, bro. You gave us Donald when all you had was Hillary...

Broths, lets be real , seriously..the only people that have benefited from Trumps presidential election is Ivanka and her husband..they have probably double their wealth

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Broths, lets be real , seriously..the only people that have benefited from Trumps presidential election is Ivanka and her husband..they have probably double their wealth

Bro, the election is over. You offered Clinton, who's in the pocket of Wall Street and uses politics to make herself rich. If trump is doing the same then you can only blame yourselves for offering "more of the problem" as being "the solution to the problem." People didn't like either of them. Next time offer people a candidate with ideas, and integrity. I doubt they'll even be facing Trump in four years...