We need to invite more tennis fans to join here

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have a feeling that not many fans know about this forum, we should go to MTF and TTW and maybe message some of the fans (especially the Nadal ones :good:).

I like it here, it's a good vibe and the fanbases are allowed to have fun with the rivalries without being subjected to ridiculous "banning" & "warnings". The forum just needs more people...

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
yes both those forums are stupid with their rules. Let's bring all the fans and tards here.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
We need more readers & writers too & before I get accused of being selfish I'll explain why having more readers & writers would be good for everyone. If we had more writers more (hopefully quality) content would be created. Readers appreciate good writing & writers appreciate constructive criticism. I'm also talking about writers of all genres here both fiction & non-fiction. It would be good to see song-writers sharing their work too. It would make things very interesting & enjoyable. Of course people could still air their opinions about what was said. We could still have a laugh & joke too.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We need more readers & writers too & before I get accused of being selfish I'll explain why having more readers & writers would be good for everyone. If we had more writers more (hopefully quality) content would be created. Readers appreciate good writing & writers appreciate constructive criticism. I'm also talking about writers of all genres here both fiction & non-fiction. It would be good to see song-writers sharing their work too. It would make things very interesting & enjoyable. Of course people could still air their opinions about what was said. We could still have a laugh & joke too.

I agree so here’s a poem for you that I wrote:

Rafa is beautiful
Rafa is sweet
His biceps are muscular
And he’s quick on his feet

He is so talented
He is so humble
A truly amazing person
A unique perfect specimen

A butt so pretty
A champion so legendary
Rafa we worship you
Rafa we will always love you

Horsa

Reactions

Rafa is beautiful
Rafa is sweet
His biceps are muscular

He is so talented
He is so humble
A truly amazing person

A butt so pretty
A champion so legendary
Rafa we worship you
I think that's a very good poem. Thank you very much for sharing.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have a feeling that not many fans know about this forum, we should go to MTF and TTW and maybe message some of the fans (especially the Nadal ones :good:).

I like it here, it's a good vibe and the fanbases are allowed to have fun with the rivalries without being subjected to ridiculous "banning" & "warnings". The forum just needs more people...

Good move.
From my end i'll plug the forum over on my YT 'tenniscollector' channel.

Reactions: britbox

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions

Rafa is beautiful
Rafa is sweet
His biceps are muscular

He is so talented
He is so humble
A truly amazing person

A butt so pretty
A champion so legendary
Rafa we worship you
You really surprised me.
I think you're the first one on this forum to raise your linguistic creativity to a poem while praising your idol (Horsa usually does not talk about tennis in her poems, at least not with such dedication); you must be as dedicated as humanly possible.
I have my own idols (not just tennis players but other obscure celebrities) but honestly, I'm incapable of generating your level of engagement herein.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Invite away... Tennis Frontier Troopers.

Forums aren't an easy sell though these days truth be told. Youngsters tend to exclusively use social media. Oldsters who haven't jumped to social media already, tend to stick to the forums they've always been on. Persuading people to change habits isn't actually very easy. The halcyon days of forums, where they were the social media of the day are long gone.

Don't let me put you off though, the more the merrier! Always good to see new members and it's a pretty relaxed vibe here.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm actually interested in how fairly newish members found this site and what made them join... so if you joined in the last 12 months, then fire away.

Reactions: ftan

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'm actually interested in how fairly newish members found this site and what made them join... so if you joined in the last 12 months, then fire away.
I'm fairly newish member but also fairly oldish tennis fan. As such I don't like SM because I think it's a waste of time and I feel repulsed when I see teens jogging with their mobiles with ears plugged with buds, often tapping messages like crazy, unresponsive to reality. I have almost run over many of them on my bicycle. No wonder my work disallows all that crap. However looking and typing on a forum or a blog at your lunchbreak is allowed (say similarly to reading an online news).
Here specifically, I was looking for minute knowledge about tennis: a sport where both physical & mental strengths are tested. As a result, both strong and very intelligent athletes are bred. Silly SM addicts (like Kyrgios with his crazy blue headphones) are sifted away, because they are too distracted, usually without mental strength to achieve success.
I got what I wanted & still hanging simply due to inertia, or maybe the curiosity that I learn more overtime, e.g. the emotional life of a tennis fan.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Horsa

Reactions
I'm fairly newish member but also fairly oldish tennis fan. As such I don't like SM because I think it's a waste of time and I feel repulsed when I see teens jogging with their mobiles with ears plugged with buds, often tapping messages like crazy, unresponsive to reality. I have almost run over many of them on my bicycle. No wonder my work disallows all that crap. However looking and typing on a forum or a blog at your lunchbreak is allowed (say similarly to reading an online news).
Here specifically, I was looking for minute knowledge about tennis: a sport where both physical & mental strengths are tested. As a result, both strong and very intelligent athletes are bred. Silly SM addicts (like Kyrgios with his crazy blue headphones) are sifted away, because they are too distracted, usually without mental strength to achieve success.
I got what I wanted & still hanging simply due to inertia, or maybe the curiosity that I learn more overtime, e.g. the emotional life of a tennis fan.
I'm very sorry that you've had to talk sense into me a couple of times then & that I've disturbed you from doing what you wanted to do by being too communicative, making what I've wanted to say fit in by playing with words in conversations you're involved with, writing poems in conversations you're involved in & asking stupid questions like "how does radio-carbon dating work where archaeology is concerned?" & "how does geo-physics work in relation to archaeology & how do the geo-physics machines work also in relation to archaeology?" then. I really didn't mean to annoy you. I've enjoyed some of our conversations & found some of them fascinating. I was hoping you felt the same way.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'm very sorry that you've had to talk sense into me a couple of times then & that I've disturbed you from doing what you wanted to do by being too communicative, making what I've wanted to say fit in by playing with words in conversations you're involved with, writing poems in conversations you're involved in & asking stupid questions like "how does radio-carbon dating work where archaeology is concerned?" & "how does geo-physics work in relation to archaeology & how do the geo-physics machines work also in relation to archaeology?" then. I really didn't mean to annoy you. I've enjoyed some of our conversations & found some of them fascinating. I was hoping you felt the same way.
I accept your apology as part of your style, however since I can explicitly confirm the discussions originated or participated by you are one of the reasons I hang here, you don't need to be sorry.

Reactions: mrzz

Horsa

Reactions
I accept your apology as part of your style, however since I can explicitly confirm the discussions originated or participated by you are one of the reasons I hang here, you don't need to be sorry.
O.K. I just read your statement about why you came here & I felt guilty for disturbing you from what you came here to do. I'm glad you enjoy our discussions too. Thank you very much. I'm happy now.

Horsa

Reactions
Horsa and Chris, get a room! :yes::whistle::rose::heart:
I'm very sorry for derailing your thread. I just felt that I had to say what I said. It's said & done now so things can get back on track for you.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions

The site is good, could be more graphical like MTF but it definitely needs more members for more variety. Not having infractions for silly things like baiting is the best part about this site.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's go guys, we can do it! Let's invite more fans to join! :good:

Reactions: Andy22

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's go guys, we can do it! Let's invite more fans to join! :good:

Ok but the partisan Nadal and Federer fans need to cool it too - or try to. Look at the recent Laver Cup where Rafa was giving Roger some helpful tips during the Kyrigos match. That was one of the , if not the greatest examples of RESPECT I ever seen in 40 plus years!
A pity that the same level of respect is not translated to the fans of the two champions.

As for me, i'm doing my part and have recently plugged this site on a few of my tennis youtube vid's :good: