Venus and Serena exposed as PED cheats?

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Would you put it past an aging star to fabricate medical reasons as a cover/method to be permitted to use illegal peds? I wouldnt.

Reactions: Mastoor

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I wouldn't either, since we don't even know that those medical conditions for Serena are. Aren't they supposed to find an alternative medicine that is not on prohibited list?

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
how it's strange....another Sharapova's affair ??

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
there is no story here. The authorities were notified and they approved. Move on..

Don't try to make it seem like there's any equivalence. If you dope without having a justification you are cheating. If you have justification and it's accepted you're NOT cheating

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
there is no story here. The authorities were notified and they approved. Move on..

Don't try to make it seem like there's any equivalence. If you dope without having a justification you are cheating. If you have justification and it's accepted you're NOT cheating

I wouldn't wrap this up so fast Federberg... I've heard rumours some of the exemptions were backdated... only rumours mind, so will reserve judgement until all the facts come out.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The biggest story for me coming out of this so far, isn't the Williams sisters, it's Simone Biles. Simone Biles has an exemption for taking banned substances for ADHD. ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is not a medical condition... it's a syndrome to frame people exhibiting signs of a certain behaviour. When I grew up, these people were just labelled hyperactive or attention seeking brats. The fact that they are allowed to take banned substances in sport and get off with an exemption is something I find completely amazing.

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I wouldn't wrap this up so fast Federberg... I've heard rumours some of the exemptions were backdated... only rumours mind, so will reserve judgement until all the facts come out.

If it's been backdated then there's something to discuss. But I refuse to impugn anyone based on some spotty hacker. The whole thing is getting out of control. As far as I understand the authorities have said that these were authorised. Do we not trust them now?

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wouldn't either, since we don't even know that those medical conditions for Serena are. Aren't they supposed to find an alternative medicine that is not on prohibited list?

They are a class of substances whose ONE COMMON FEATURE is ''enhancing concentration " - they are not so much physical, muscular advantages -- but

''calming nerves at critical moments, "

otherwise known as RITALIN -- that is considered a potent performance enhancer because of how it heightens ''focus" - such as to treat ''hyper-active, AHDH" people.

so it is some kind of medical treatment -- but in the field of COMPETITIVE sports therefore adds a ''performance improvement" .

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what is the FOREST here from the trees?

it is this:

teh USA -- using CANADA'S ''WADA DOCTOR" MACLAREN - using DISGRACED russian athletes as 'witnesses" with PROVEN axe to grind against their home country for BANNING THEM when they were discovered by russian officials years ago --

is shown TO BE THE BIGGEST DRUG LORD of them all -- setting RULES about doping for the world...............

that's THE FOREST folks.

and i will periodically remind all of you :

' I TOLD YOU SO". THAT THE biggest ''accuser" USA -- behind its ''officialdom" such as WADA -- and the doctor maclaren who HIMSELF must NOW tremble when the russian athletes come fter HIM -- such as what happened with HIS unexplained ''vials" that somehow got SCRATCHES from being opened AFTER receipt from russia and THEN declared to be ''doped?" when it should have had NO such molecule sized scratches showing TAMPERING after it reached HIM? ...as attested to by the best american experts on criminal investigations of evidence tampering?

lol!!

just remember folks -- I TOLD YOU SO...since january. lol.
that it is those of the USA/CANADA,UK

HOLDING COURT and ''judging" ''russia is guilty on a statewide scale" --
that are the REAL guilty parties here - and are the ONES who have somethign to HIDE -- and are the ONES that are going to be exposed

as the CRIMINALS AND RACKETEERS that they REALLY ARE!!

AND THUS WADA -- let be known from now on as:

"W estern A merican D opers A ssociates".

lol.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
sputniknews.com
Legalized Doping: WADA Double Standards Provoke Calls for Total Transparency
Sputnik
Sport
20:26 14.09.2016(updated 20:27 14.09.2016) Get short URL

Is it ethical for WADA to ban athletes like Maria Shaparova but at the same time allow the Williams sisters to compete despite the kind of medication they are using? Should the agency be allowed to continue operating like that, or are some serious reforms in order?

Sports agent Andrei Mitkov told Sputnik that the recent revelations underscore the double standards employed by certain anti-doping agencies: while Maria Sharapova gets banned for using a harmless substance like meldonium, the Williams sisters are openly using prohibited medication which is usually reserved for cancer patients.

"Only absolute transparency can save world sports and the global anti-doping system. People from any country should be able to access a well-known website and check how many samples did, for example, Sharapova or Williams submit, what were the results, what kind of therapeutic use exemptions did they get, what kind of biological passports they have, etc," Mitkov said.

He also added that this is the only way to prevent possible manipulation, and that the talks about confidentiality in such matters are simply laughable. Furthermore, it remains unclear why some athletes have to submit up to 15 test samples in six months unlike some Olympic medal winners who submit none.

"It's all about politics, money and influence. Right now WADA can overturn any champion and replace them with any silver medalist. They seek the power to ban entire countries, to be able to do what they’ve attempted to do with Russia… The agency, its current iteration with its leadership and all of the affiliated laboratories, needs to be disbanded. A new organization staffed by new people using new methods needs to be created, and it must be absolutely transparent," Mitkov declared.

Meanwhile, Nikolai Korobov, pharmacologist and associate professor at the Moscow State University’s Faculty of Fundamental Medicine, told Sputnik that allowing some athletes to use banned substances for medical purposes is in fact a loophole which legalizes doping.

"This is a serious matter that requires careful consideration and establishing new criteria, the first of which must be full transparency. Athletes should openly declare the diseases and disorders they’re suffering from, such data must be made public, even though it poses a complex ethical problem. In fact, a whole host of problems are likely to arise, but they must be resolved in order for sport to retain its attractiveness. Otherwise, a contest of athletes will become a contest of doctors who enable the use of banned drugs that give their user an edge," Korobov explained.

According to the Fancy Bear group, which released WADA documents after hacking the agency, former No. 1 tennis player Serena Williams was allowed to take banned substances such as oxycodone, hydromorphone, prednisone and methylprednisolone in 2010, 2014 and 2015.
Venus Williams was allowed to take prednisone, prednisolone and triamcinolone among others in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

And Simone Biles, who won four golden medals in the 2016 Olympics in Rio, tested positive for methylphenidate in August, but she was not disqualified. In 2013 and 2014, she was allowed to take dextroamphetamine.

The documents do not reveal the diagnoses of the athletes which led to WADA allowing them to take the substances.

Reactions: Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
The biggest story for me coming out of this so far, isn't the Williams sisters, it's Simone Biles. Simone Biles has an exemption for taking banned substances for ADHD. ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is not a medical condition... it's a syndrome to frame people exhibiting signs of a certain behaviour. When I grew up, these people were just labelled hyperactive or attention seeking brats. The fact that they are allowed to take banned substances in sport and get off with an exemption is something I find completely amazing.

Frankly some of these excuses are ridiculous. We never had ADHD when I was a kid also, yet some kids were more hyperactive than others. What they do and treat kids nowadays, for all kinds of things, just give them medication. Frankly that is just poisoning them.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
They are a class of substances whose ONE COMMON FEATURE is ''enhancing concentration " - they are not so much physical, muscular advantages -- but

''calming nerves at critical moments, "

otherwise known as RITALIN -- that is considered a potent performance enhancer because of how it heightens ''focus" - such as to treat ''hyper-active, AHDH" people.

so it is some kind of medical treatment -- but in the field of COMPETITIVE sports therefore adds a ''performance improvement" .

If somebody has an illness, they have it and there is not much that can be done about it. There is a reason why some substances are banned. I am not faulting Williams sisters or Biles or whoever it might be, I am just amused by how lightly people dismiss the idea how this all could be manipulated and how double standards are exposed. It seems some athletes can get away with a lot more than others.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

what you point out about biles is in fact what is now surfacing in article after article of observations -- pointing to the one common thing - RITALIN that is used for the condition to increase ''focus"...but whether or not they needed these medically -- the over-all question is why the WADA - judging by even OUR AND THE WORLD'S common assumption that the doping test agency' sWORD is what it is based on how it imposed that authority on the russian federation as a whole to ban athletes who may or may not have medical conditions ALSO as justification -- THEN WHY WAS THIS PRIVILEGED , it seems now, only for certain country?

is the USA the land of the ''chosen people? that is what this is really about.

it is not and never was about ''clean athletes" -- ONLY about who will be DECLARED clean and who will be declared UNclean.

the real question is not about even this or that player's medical condition this or that . .it is POLITICAL. and corruption of the very idea of ''fairness that requires clean athletes" that WADA sit in judgment about.

and NOW clearly is exposed to be nothing of the sort.

that russian hacker group - -and they've hidden nothing about that they ARE russians -- is showing it is not even about \

'who hacks" - such as the DNC, hacking the CIA, FBI, NSA...using THEIR tools agianst them that they use against entire pop;ulations...

but what is the CONTENT that the world has a RIGHT to know about these ''AUTHORITIES" WHO SIT IN JUDGMENT

AND SHOWING THEIR criminality.

harsh? of course -- and RIGHTLY SO -- because even MORE than ''abuse of drugs" by this or that athlete -- this is about

ABUSE OF POWER by WADA and so-called ''authorities who protect society and fairness".

some french official already has been making noises:

"this is clear abuse of power BY WADA -- AND It is time to go to the bottom of this".

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If somebody has an illness, they have it and there is not much that can be done about it. There is a reason why some substances are banned. I am not faulting Williams sisters or Biles or whoever it might be, I am just amused by how lightly people dismiss the idea how this all could be manipulated and how double standards are exposed. It seems some athletes can get away with a lot more than others.

i agree -- people are trying to deflect attention AWAY FROM WADA'S ABUSE OF POWER AND FAVORITISM -- CLEARLY towards the USA for POLITICAL reasons.

that is about as comprehensive and summary as i or anyone can put it without MISSING the elements necessary to describe it.

as i said -- again and again -- it is NOT so much about serena this, venus that, biles this -- or their PARTICULAR sets and situations - if they'r/e guiltyl GUILTY...

and we come BACK to MARIA SHARAPOVA...andfrom THERE --- RUSSIA...

USA/UK/CANADA -- ANGLO-BRITISH - 500 year obsession to pain russia in the world as 'those big bad russian slavs".

right to NATO encirclement -- unfounded accusations, FRAMING on M-17 malaysian airlines.. clinton ''putin did it, putin did it" -- etc. etc. etc..
and it is of unimaginably MASSIVE proportions of which the RIO olympics was -- LIKE the attacks on russia's reputation on SOCHI where MARIA Carried the torch -- and THEREFORE was PUNISHED IN 2016 JANUARY..BELIEVE YOU ME!!

as rehearsal for RIO BLANKET BAN --

now SURFACING AS A PURE ABUSE OF POWER!!

becauuuuse?

"those bad, bad , bad bad russians"!!1

and why?

we come back to the centuries OLD BRITISH AMERICAN prejudice towards the RUSSIAN AND SLAVIC PEOPLES WHO

DARE to stand up agianst the anglo-american ''world".

THAT -- dear folks is what it is about! because

it is RUSSIA that declared openly in 2007 - AND even in hints by 2000 when putin came to power>

"the current unipolar world system can not be accepted".

that -- dear folks is what this is about and ALWAYS has been about.

anyone that says it ISN'T? isn't paying attention.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Many people just refuse to believe that their governments or their representatives in different associations can be corrupt. That's the main problem. Like I said, until you taste their corruption on your own skin, some things are hard to accept. Years and years of portraying Russia and their people, or some other countries, as just plain villains, uneducated brutes and dishonorable people altogether just makes the further attacks and insults easier. So nobody questions when their athletes are accused, some even without any proof.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
now -- take a good look at the general record of ''wada'' ''supervising" the ITF -- TENNIS ...

PLENTY of south americans and slavics ''banned for doping" at just about the time ''too many" were rising as a group woulnd't it be? canas? coria? troicki perhaps?

how knows NOW HOW CLEAN REALLY

ARE the likes of andy murray? isner? or -- no matter how ''often i was tested any time of day" how well-DISPOSED WADA ''authorization'' and ''pass marking"

has been all along to the likes of ROGER FEDERER THE ULTIMATE CLEAN? such as ''focusing" drugs if not muscle growth?

the whole point is THIS

IT IS WADA that is the PROPER SUBJECT of discussion AND INVESTIGATION right down to ITS sponsors and the connections between its officials, western corporations - big money, big industry, big advertising etc. etc. etc..

for USING WADA and ''authority" in order to PLACE the USA AND WESTERN ANGL0-SAXON countries ''AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP"

by systematically favoring ''their best athletes" from being BANNED from competing while ISSUING DRACONIAN measures against RUSSIA, the east and other and ANY country deemed a potential threat to THIS supremacy ''in sports"

just watch -- that is where this is going -- so LONG AS RUSSIA puts its eye on it NOW that it has REALLY been provoked ....just watch..as i kept saying...

this is NOT over by miles - it is only the beginning. lol. it is called

BLOWBACK.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Many people just refuse to believe that their governments or their representatives in different associations can be corrupt. That's the main problem. Like I said, until you taste their corruption on your own skin, some things are hard to accept. Years and years of portraying Russia and their people, or some other countries, as just plain villains, uneducated brutes and dishonorable people altogether just makes the further attacks and insults easier. So nobody questions when their athletes are accused, some even without any proof.

EXCTLY -- just like the - from the get-go -- the anglo-american project of FARMING russia as the one responsible for downing M-17 over ukraine...

evidence suppressed - inquiry NOT made public (which expert airline crash investigators IMMEDIATELY ppint out was VERY unusual -- they are by norm - done publicly so as to avoid bias -- which russia was calling for and for ALL parties to present their arguments and evidence but the USA AND UKRAINE AND DUTCH kept refusing ) -

it -- THAT is now COMING BACK -- because russia's investigation is TEARING APART THE ''' reports " of the dutch and westerners - piece by piece, including the MEDIA LED BY BELLINGCAT...

location of BUK missiles that fired on the plane, the bullet holes that could ONLY have been done by a UKRAINIAN jet ''Waiting in ambush" etc, etc, etc...

it is all falling apart -- the western - mainly british-american MEME about the age-old '

"those big bad russians" which IS what it boils down to to JUSTIFY the INTENDED WAR AGAINST RUSSIA.

DEMONIZE SOMEONE -- and you make people believe what you WILL do -- attack to destroy is JUSTIFIED.

A FAVORITE tactic of the british and americans ...

EXACTLY as they did with SERBIA AND MILOSEVIC -- ''quietly EXONERATED of all charges" by the HAGUE CRIMINAL COURT!! Ooooppps...

and -- in fact -- ''quietly acknowledged" at the end of the report" that milosevic and serbia ACTUALLY WERE THE ONES WHO TRIED TO PREVENT WAR AND WAR CRIMES!!! that they wer eACCUSED of committing by the WEST

in order to DEMONIZE SERBIA to JUSTIFY bombing her to submission !!!

it makes one's brain go "what KIND of people are these british and americans? " because theya re SO obsessed with getting AT russia at the ''end of their project" of conquest ?