USA Elections 2016

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
"I made him produce the birth certificate, Hilary couldn't finish that, this proves I can close things"

Wow, that's tells everything about Trump.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We didn't really learn anything new, did we? Hillary, the career politician, was more polished, and Trump, the ultimate anti-hero, was bizarre. Hillary is still lying through her false gnashers about the emails. I don't actually mind politicians lying. I think the good ones must lie. Contrary to current opinion, I don't think the public has a right to know everything. We elect these people to govern and this often involves "telling the people what they want to hear", which is not necessarily the truth. The truth of certain things gets revealed through state acts of parliament after a certain safe period, when official secrets are finally revealed. 30 years, 50 years, whatever. This is why Edward Snowden should be locked up, instead of becoming a film hero. :cover

But Hillary's lies aren't about maintaining order in the state, or even about state security. In fact, they show she acted in ways detrimental to state security: her lies are common lies. They're self-serving. And she still won't fess up. Apart from the fact that she can't be trusted to be consistent in her policies, this is not good enough. Little wonder that these two are the most hated candidates in history. The Republicans, in disarray for decades, must be kicking themselves that they don't have anybody else than Trump, who's a bizarre fellow, who flip flops on what he said even more than Hillary.

But Trump is a protest vote. The thought of Hillary is worrying. And I say this as a non-American who lives in a world that American dominates. We don't mind a dominant America, so long as they adhere to Churchill's famous maxim that “You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” The trouble is, for too long now America has been treading water with mediocre Presidents - they've been trying everything else...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
We didn't really learn anything new, did we? Hillary, the career politician, was more polished, and Trump, the ultimate anti-hero, was bizarre. Hillary is still lying through her false gnashers about the emails. I don't actually mind politicians lying. I think the good ones must lie. Contrary to current opinion, I don't think the public has a right to know everything. We elect these people to govern and this often involves "telling the people what they want to hear", which is not necessarily the truth. The truth of certain things gets revealed through state acts of parliament after a certain safe period, when official secrets are finally revealed. 30 years, 50 years, whatever. This is why Edward Snowden should be locked up, instead of becoming a film hero. :cover

But Hillary's lies aren't about maintaining order in the state, or even about state security. In fact, they show she acted in ways detrimental to state security: her lies are common lies. They're self-serving. And she still won't fess up. Apart from the fact that she can't be trusted to be consistent in her policies, this is not good enough. Little wonder that these two are the most hated candidates in history. The Republicans, in disarray for decades, must be kicking themselves that they don't have anybody else than Trump, who's a bizarre fellow, who flip flops on what he said even more than Hillary.

But Trump is a protest vote. The thought of Hillary is worrying. And I say this as a non-American who lives in a world that American dominates. We don't mind a dominant America, so long as they adhere to Churchill's famous maxim that “You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” The trouble is, for too long now America has been treading water with mediocre Presidents - they've been trying everything else...

for too long now America has been treading water with mediocre Presidents

this isn't an attack on you but Kieran from what you read can you explain the following and your perception:

1. The Housing market and job market before President Obama took office.. I want to understand what your understanding being a outsider(the numbers)
2. the laws that was past by Bush\Cheney vs the laws President Obama tried.. What was the tide in the Congress and Senate meaning was it mostly Democrat or Republican.. I think you know how our political system works here..
3. the war on terror (Bush/Cheney vs President Obama)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I know it's fashionable, brother, for Democrats to paint themselves in heroic colours, while also attacking the Republicans as being the Evil Party (not you, by the way, but the rhetoric of the liberal left is generally spiteful and designed to restrict free expression), while also blaming the Republicans for the mess that their Democrat president a) had to clean up, or b) was unable to clean up because of the danged nasty Republicans.

Remember, while Bill Clinton was failing to even commit adultery properly, he presided over the most calamitous intelligence neglect that eventually gave us 9/11. Perhaps Bill was convinced by the whole End of History argument, and felt America was impregnable, or perhaps he was busy ruining Monica, but Bush inherited an intelligence agency in disarray, which set in motion an awful chain of events. Bush was an incompetent President, the wrong man at the wrong time, but history might be more favourable towards him than we expect right now.

By the way, Barack is still involved in the Middle East, but in a terrible hamfisted way. Not only has he alienated the only liberal democracy there, but he's actually been hostile towards them, while both encouraging and giving the means to their sworn enemy to develop nuclear power. He's weakened America's influence in the region, while allowing the Russians to bully their way in. He's been outplayed, out-thought, and out-fought by Vladimir Putin on the world stage, to the extent that the world is now a less safe place to be, since Barack Obama became president.

He didn't even manage to close Gitmo. :cover

As for the President v The House of Congress, I see a wisdom in the way the people voted there. Obviously, "Democracy" is a very narrow and loose term in America - you have two juggernauts backed by self-interest and big business, and nothing else. You vote for one career politician who's in the pocket of a global corporation - or you vote for the other. You don't get any choice otherwise. But in electing a Democrat president, and a Republican congress, the people were smart. They gave several very clear signals. Firstly, that the President's power isn't absolute, and nor should it be. There are limits to it, and he should respect that.

Secondly, the two sides should work together.

They didn't elect a Republican congress so that all the Democrats policies should be enacted. They elected a Republican congress because they wanted both. The best of both, actually. Now, for all his shadiness, and so forth, Bill Clinton could cross the floor with ease and work with the opposition, but it doesn't suit Obama. He's the Boy Wonder. He got a Nobel Peace Prize for just being Obama, and for nothing else. He's entitled, and arrogant, and people have even mistaken him for being a great orator. What's he need them Republicans for? They should do what he tells them.

Looking at it over the last few decades, who have the opposition put forward recently? Mitt Romney, John Kerry, John McCain. And other mediocrities. Maybe the best people are earning shedloads of dosh in big corporations - who needs the panto and farce of politics, as well as all the intrusiveness and security hassles? Little wonder Hillary has been selling herself so promiscuously on Wall Street...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I know it's fashionable, brother, for Democrats to paint themselves in heroic colours, while also attacking the Republicans as being the Evil Party (not you, by the way, but the rhetoric of the liberal left is generally spiteful and designed to restrict free expression), while also blaming the Republicans for the mess that their Democrat president a) had to clean up, or b) was unable to clean up because of the danged nasty Republicans.

Remember, while Bill Clinton was failing to even commit adultery properly, he presided over the most calamitous intelligence neglect that eventually gave us 9/11. Perhaps Bill was convinced by the whole End of History argument, and felt America was impregnable, or perhaps he was busy ruining Monica, but Bush inherited an intelligence agency in disarray, which set in motion an awful chain of events. Bush was an incompetent President, the wrong man at the wrong time, but history might be more favourable towards him than we expect right now.

By the way, Barack is still involved in the Middle East, but in a terrible hamfisted way. Not only has he alienated the only liberal democracy there, but he's actually been hostile towards them, while both encouraging and giving the means to their sworn enemy to develop nuclear power. He's weakened America's influence in the region, while allowing the Russians to bully their way in. He's been outplayed, out-thought, and out-fought by Vladimir Putin on the world stage, to the extent that the world is now a less safe place to be, since Barack Obama became president.

He didn't even manage to close Gitmo. :cover

As for the President v The House of Congress, I see a wisdom in the way the people voted there. Obviously, "Democracy" is a very narrow and loose term in America - you have two juggernauts backed by self-interest and big business, and nothing else. You vote for one career politician who's in the pocket of a global corporation - or you vote for the other. You don't get any choice otherwise. But in electing a Democrat president, and a Republican congress, the people were smart. They gave several very clear signals. Firstly, that the President's power isn't absolute, and nor should it be. There are limits to it, and he should respect that.

Secondly, the two sides should work together.

They didn't elect a Republican congress so that all the Democrats policies should be enacted. They elected a Republican congress because they wanted both. The best of both, actually. Now, for all his shadiness, and so forth, Bill Clinton could cross the floor with ease and work with the opposition, but it doesn't suit Obama. He's the Boy Wonder. He got a Nobel Peace Prize for just being Obama, and for nothing else. He's entitled, and arrogant, and people have even mistaken him for being a great orator. What's he need them Republicans for? They should do what he tells them.

Looking at it over the last few decades, who have the opposition put forward recently? Mitt Romney, John Kerry, John McCain. And other mediocrities. Maybe the best people are earning shedloads of dosh in big corporations - who needs the panto and farce of politics, as well as all the intrusiveness and security hassles? Little wonder Hillary has been selling herself so promiscuously on Wall Street...

I really wanted you to focus on how President Obama address the Unemployment, the recession ( Banks and Auto Industry).

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Even with the "foot-dragging" and unprecedented obstruction, Obama wound up having a fairly successful 2 terms! I used to think reaching over the aisles was a good and possible endeavor, but the way The Republicans treated the first Black President won't be forgotten in my lifetime! To them "compromise" became a "4-letter" word! Tea-Baggers running against moderates and being kick out of Congress! There won't be any "drinks" after a session where things have gotten truly ugly with apparent hate for one another! It's mainly something one-sided where underlying bigotries still lurk unfortunately! That can't be overlooked! You see what's happened to them with Boehner gone, Cantor, Kingston, and others voted out, while Ryan, the current Speaker's under assault by his own party! I would have sympathy for him if he hadn't led the charge in making Obama & Pelosi's job so much harder than it had to be and undermining them both! These people are too vile to have any real hope of serious change! :rolleyes: :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero, why do you think that the same people who elected a Democrat president also elected a Republican congress?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Fiero, why do you think that the same people who elected a Democrat president also elected a Republican congress?

I don't thinks that fiero was implying that the same people that elected a Democrat president also elected a Republican congress that doesn't make sense. I think he was just speaking about the behavior of the Republican party and the actions of the past two Republican speakers of the House.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It didn't seem that way to me, brother. It seemed like he was accusing the Republicans of racism, just because they were standing their ground against Obama - which is their job. But why do you think the people elected a Democrat Prez and a Republican congress? Surely so that the president - who they knew well enough by then - should be kept in check...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
It didn't seem that way to me, brother. It seemed like he was accusing the Republicans of racism, just because they were standing their ground against Obama - which is their job. But why do you think the people elected a Democrat Prez and a Republican congress? Surely so that the president - who they knew well enough by then - should be kept in check...

But why do you think the people elected a Democrat Prez and a Republican congress?

Brother, it doesn't works like that.. the seats for the senate and the house are not always the same time as the presidential election year..eg.. When President Obama won in 2008 and 20012 the voter turn out was very high..results the Democrats won the White house and a few seats in Congress.. However, in 2010 and 2012 the "mid term elections" the voter turn out was poor.. the Republicans took control of the house and a few more seats in the Senate. The problem is in the US is that some voters are not educated about politics to realize that they need to turn out to vote during the midterm elections because its very critical about which direction the House and Senate(Congress) will lean towards in regards to laws and bills.. So its not the "same" people that elect the Prez and the Congress

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Buddy, the 2012 vote for president, the senate, and the House of Representatives all took place on the same day - 6 November. There were 129m people voted in the presidential race, 122m in the house of representatives (won by the republicans), and 93m for the senate (won by the democrats). The voter turnout for the House of Representatives wasn't bad, really, but even still, the people voted as they had in 2010 for a Republican house - and they rubberstamped it again in 2014.

It's clearly the will of the people that Obama should be kept in check by the republicans, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Buddy, the 2012 vote for president, the senate, and the House of Representatives all took place on the same day - 6 November. There were 129m people voted in the presidential race, 122m in the house of representatives (won by the republicans), and 93m for the senate (won by the democrats). The voter turnout for the House of Representatives wasn't bad, really, but even still, the people voted as they had in 2010 for a Republican house - and they rubberstamped it again in 2014.

It's clearly the will of the people that Obama should be kept in check by the republicans, no?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012

2010 mid term elections results
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-democrats-lost-the-house-to-republicans/

2014 mid term elections results
https://newrepublic.com/article/120138/2014-election-results-heres-why-democrats-lost-senate-gop

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Game, Set and Match...If this doesn't kill the political version of Rasputin nothing will..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/ar-BBx95Fw

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Game, Set and Match...If this doesn't kill the political version of Rasputin nothing will..

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-recorded-having-extremely-lewd-conversation-about-women-in-2005/ar-BBx95Fw

Ya, this is unbelievable. Not that Trump said all those things. Trump actually apologized for the first time. :laydownlaughing:snicker:lolz: Of course, we do know that it is an insincere apology.

I wonder how much backlash will the lower level republican candidates get because of this.
Republicans may even lose the House at this rate.

Now for those of you who thought that "hand size" was the low point in debates, wait until Hillary goes after Trump over this and Trump goes after Hillary for being an "enabler" in the next debate.
God bless America :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

Ya, this is unbelievable. Not that Trump said all those things. Trump actually apologized for the first time. :laydownlaughing:snicker:lolz: Of course, we do know that it is an insincere apology.

I wonder how much backlash will the lower level republican candidates get because of this.

Now for those of you who thought that "hand size" was the low point in debates, wait until Hillary goes after Trump over this and Trump goes after Hillary for being an "enabler" in the next debate.

It's unfortunate the whole world is watching this farce; heaven knows I'm embarrassed enough! :nono :cover :sleepy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

It's unfortunate the whole world is watching this farce; heaven knows I'm embarrassed enough! :nono :cover :sleepy:
It's funny here in the US, some of the television analysis is that this has got to be embarrassment to Trump,'s wife and kids especially his daughter Ivanka. I seriously doubt it because they all know he is a pig plus everyone knows Trump has expressed that he has intimacy desires for Ivanka. :nono

Here is the Lady who Trump wanted to smash

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/donald-trump-was-speaking-about-nancy-o%e2%80%99dell-in-2005-video-with-billy-bush/ar-BBx9qaE?li=BBnb7Kz

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I suspect that this campaign is going to get even dirtier, beginning at the next debate. Trump isn't too bright, so he might not have the guile or the wit to score points off Bill Clinton abusing his position to commit adultery in the Oval Office, while the feminist Hillary talked about "bimbo eruptions" and went on mad harridan campaigns to destroy all the women Bill slept with, abused, and allegedly raped. I wouldn't worry, Fiero, those of us watching from outside the States, but who love America, don't think worse of Americans that these pair are the best you could dredge up from the slime. It's happening everywhere, that democracy itself is in some sort of terminal crisis. I don't know what the solution is, but it's not only happening in America...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
I suspect that this campaign is going to get even dirtier, beginning at the next debate. Trump isn't too bright, so he might not have the guile or the wit to score points off Bill Clinton abusing his position to commit adultery in the Oval Office, while the feminist Hillary talked about "bimbo eruptions" and went on mad harridan campaigns to destroy all the women Bill slept with, abused, and allegedly raped. I wouldn't worry, Fiero, those of us watching from outside the States, but who love America, don't think worse of Americans that these pair are the best you could dredge up from the slime. It's happening everywhere, that democracy itself is in some sort of terminal crisis. I don't know what the solution is, but it's not only happening in America...

I find it hilarious when Hillary's detractors criticize her for not "thanking the women" involved with her husband! I guess she was supposed to ignore their participation, divorce Bill, and forget her dreams to make them feel better! Did you see the biggest jerks taking her to task? Trump, Giuliani, & Gingrich have all been busted for cheating and have all been married 3 times! Who are they to make an issue of anyone's marriage and subsequent actions to cheating? :puzzled :nono :cover

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

I find it hilarious when Hillary's detractors criticize her for not "thanking the women" involved with her husband! I guess she was supposed to ignore their participation, divorce Bill, and forget her dreams to make them feel better! Did you see the biggest jerks taking her to task? Trump, Giuliani, & Gingrich have all been busted for cheating and have all been married 3 times! Who are they to make an issue of anyone's marriage and subsequent actions to cheating? :puzzled :nono :cover

I don't think anyone criticises her for being Tammy Wynette, brother, just the way she handled it. I'm glad you and I agree totally: no way she was going to "forget her dreams". That's what marriage is for, eh? No room for integrity when there's huge ambitions to fulfil. But I believe in marriage! So like I say, her Tammy Wynette spiel didn't offend me.

Her hypocrisy now does, but not much. Kinda get used to politicians being nasty and opportunistic...