US Open, Flushing Meadows, NY USA - Grand Slam (Men)

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rublev is the purest ballbasher I have ever seen. My god. He is actually very nice to watch. Funny guy too, saw his interview.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hilarious interview with rublev on Eurosport. Interviewer tells him he has an advantage over Rafa as Rafa doesn't know his game yet. Rublev replies: 'No it's really easy, I just hit everything as hard as I can.' Lol

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Everybody talks about decimated bottom half. Did anyone notice that Rafa is going to reach semifinals without facing a single seeded player? :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Without playing anyone in the top 50, it's crazy.

Oh boy, it is even worse than I thought it is.

Lajovic 85
Daniel 121
Mayer 59
Dog 64
Rublev 53

None of these players would even get a direct entry into an ATP 1000 event as the cut off is 45 for that. :facepalm:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
How about this Darth, Carreño Busta has reached the QF by facing 4 straight qualifiers! Now, that is insane to think about...

Yep and he gets Schwartzman in the QF, they've both had the easiest path to the semis anyone's ever seen. That's the way it goes this year, that or Moxie made the draw for her Spaniards :pompoms:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This tournament is a complete disaster. The bottom half is a complete joke with no exciting players left (Shapovalov was the positive highlight but he's out). The top half leaves my hopes with Juan Martin Del Potro. The situation is dire indeed.

It happens sometimes; more spoiled with the era of this "Big 4" which always gave us something to watch on finals day! It used to happen a lot more often! I still remember '83 Wimbledon where the bottom half was tough with McEnroe and Lendl and the top was decimated leaving us with Chris Lewis from NZ to try and salvage that last day of the fortnight! It truly was a disaster IMO! It was worse than any of those other finals with the likes of Pioline and Phillippoussis! It cheapens their win just a little! Nole never got that accommodation always going against the other "Big 4" invariable! Nadal and Federer have had a little more assistance with the likes of patsies like Ferrer, Berdych, and Soderling! I still say Roger should buy something nice for Robin; maybe a house back in Sweden! That '09 FO was a gift to him; turnabout's fair play! :lulz1: :clap: :yesyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: lob and Denis

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Now imagine if Roger loses to Kohlschreiber, then you can add him to the list. The US Open will be the equivalent of an TP 500 event, if that - and possibly the easiest path to a Slam title since the AO in the early 80s, with Kriek's two titles.

Of course the same is true of Roger, if Rublev wins.

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If Kohli wins he probably loses to DP/Thiem winner still

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now imagine if Roger loses to Kohlschreiber, then you can add him to the list. The US Open will be the equivalent of an TP 500 event, if that - and possibly the easiest path to a Slam title since the AO in the early 80s, with Kriek's two titles.

Of course the same is true of Roger, if Rublev wins.

This is what happens when you live in an island state. Get out of the bubble. Roger has two more matches before reaching SF. After defeating Kohly, he has to defeat the winner of JMDP / DT.

Reactions: lob

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You give me too much credit. I don't think I'm the only one in this forum or world to note that conditions at Wimbledon and USO have been drastically slowed down over the years. It's clear what type of game that favors. Fed has done well in spite of the slowing of the courts aside from the USO where he's stunk for far too long.
You are their voice..unlike the Nadalites..we battle all the time..Moxie is always into Miss Carol and my azz about something she feels obligated to us we ate being to mean to the Federetties.Unlike.us you guys are a tribe that are united in sentencing Rafa and his camp to death row..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You are their voice..unlike the Nadalites..we battle all the time..Moxie is always into Miss Carol and my azz about something she feels obligated to us we ate being to mean to the Federetties.Unlike.us you guys are a tribe that are united in sentencing Rafa and his camp to death row..

Lol! I"m not so sure we're a tribe.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Nah, they're all a little more reasonable than me and I don't think any of them except maybe Front hates your savior as much as I do.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Oh great prophet DarthPhed, lead us all to the path of the only living god, and help us crush our enemies, and never let us hit the ignore buton instead.

Reactions: DarthFed

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It happens sometimes; more spoiled with the era of this "Big 4" which always gave us something to watch on finals day! It used to happen a lot more often! I still remember '83 Wimbledon where the bottom half was tough with McEnroe and Lendl and the top was decimated leaving us with Chris Lewis from NZ to try and salvage that last day of the fortnight! It truly was a disaster IMO! It was worse than any of those other finals with the likes of Pioline and Phillippoussis! It cheapens their win just a little! Nole never got that accommodation always going against the other "Big 4" invariable! Nadal and Federer have had a little more assistance with the likes of patsies like Ferrer, Berdych, and Soderling! I still say Roger should buy something nice for Robin; maybe a house back in Sweden! That '09 FO was a gift to him; turnabout's fair play! :lulz1: :clap: :yesyes:
Lol I appreciate those historic rants Fiero :good::clap:

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh great prophet DarthPhed, lead us all to the path of the only living god, and help us crush our enemies, and never let us hit the ignore buton instead.

I will see what I can do. A journey to the Chosen One's #20 slam would be a great start. I will consult the Oracle of Delphi.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Del Potro already had an Mt? My goodness. Trailing 5-1 first set .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
U ain't got the guts to hit the ignore button for fear of having a bad nightmare that ole AP will jump though your laptops and pimplap all you Rafa hating chumps. LOL