Administrator
Reactions
Who wins?

007A29DF-C42E-4119-B2BD-F03DEE4DC181.jpeg

5E32104B-50AB-4B96-A1BA-4470788FA357.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
We might as well start talking about this final. Which teen will have the edge? I think Lil Bit might have a slight edge. Her defense is really good.
Tough one....I will have think about it...I know they played each other at Wimbledon Juniors Emma won in straights,though that was a little while ago.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
We might as well start talking about this final. Which teen will have the edge? I think Lil Bit might have a slight edge. Her defense is really good.
Lil Bit will be a slight favorite..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Who would have thought we would see these two in a grand slam final! With all those magnificent players in the top 20 and all the great American players as Serena still pursuing#24( ?). I have forgotten because it's been so long since her last GS victory's win. ( One thing I will say not to take away from this thread, Serena has really got to see that she should have listened to Billie Jean advice, IMO).

These two players are so evenly matched.

One player has been modern day the biblical character David slaying about 4 or 5 Goliaths which we haven't seen since 99 US Open teenage Serena.
The other player has been Goliath by totally destroying and dismantling everyone that has appeared across the net.

I seriously doubt that We have enough data on each player but Leylah has been on our radar for the past few years. Both players are extremely extraordinary excellent movers and have been taken care of their serves very well. Previously I said Leylah is the BETTER all around player because she has such a great touch around the net but Emma seems to not have any weaknesses either. Emma is a excellent ball striker and she punishes every weak second service.

Unfortunately it may come down to the moment, who can handle the moment.

As Moxie stated, We shall see.

3 sets and a teenager will win the match is my prediction. ( Even my kiss of death picks can't screw this one up)

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Amusing to think that 18-year-old Clara Tauson has a winning record, seniors and juniors, against both Fernandez and Raducanu, - latest Raducanu in Chicago W125 final - and Raducanu won over Fernandez 6-2 6-4 at Wimbledon juniors 2018

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I think this is going to be an incredible final that will draw in the crowd and viewers alike. What a tremendous “shot in the arm” this is for the WTA to have such young, exciting talent square off in a Grand Slam final with all the world watching. One thing I just want to mention is I enjoyed both matches, but I felt bad for Saba and MS. The crowd was squarely behind their teen opponents and I know both players are professionals but it must be so difficult to play your best tennis when an entire stadium is rooting against you. I know this is sport, but it is a shame.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Layla has beaten 4 seeds, including 3 top 5 seeded players to get to the final. (3, 17, 5, 2) I think thats unprecedented.

Picking her to go all the way.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Regardless of Fernandez defeating top seeds along the way to the final and Emma as a qualifer,not dropping a set in the main draw of the tournament to the final., that flies out the window,this is a whole new ball game.This will be between these two players,their offense and defense,etc,how each handled the biggest tournament of their young career's thus far.Both ladies posses well placed serves,and have handled the big points well.

Last edited: