US Open Day 6: Saturday, August 30

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tommy robredo v big nick k..potential for some fun, old wheezing hagridden warrior v the young gerbil faced gunslinger.

its the cemetery scene at the end of "the good, the bad, and the ugly" really, I think so.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Nole-Sam might have a couple of TBs if Sam can keep up the form he had in the last couple of rounds. I am not expecting a surprise, but a TB set going Sam's way would not surprise me.

Kohly has 2 US Open wins against Isner so that one can go the distance I think.

And like Jesus mentioned up top, there is potential for some fun in the Robredo-Kyrgios match.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is really just weird. The odds must be severely against this. :puzzled

I am talking about Isner playing Kohly for the third year in a row in third round.

First of all they both must be drawn together to meet in 3rd round.

Both should clear their first two matches.

Finally, this should happen three years in a row.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Be alert for the new trend. The next three days (SAT, SUN, MON) being holidays in the
US, the marqueee match-ups will be in the day time instead of the famous night matches.
You can already notice that both Novak and Serena are in the day session instead of
night session on saturday.

Expect both Fed and Maria in day session on sunday.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
a lot of players I like today : Nole, Muzza, Kinder, Stanimal, Kei, Tommy R. I wish them good luck

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kiu said:
My Milos is serving rockets!
Anyone watching?

Watching it of course and enjoying it. I like Victor as well. I was wondering how he plays and I am happy to see how well he plays considering his resume.
Oldest player to make a debut at the USO and at 5'7" he has some serious pop on his serve, midway through the set he was having more aces than Milos:puzzled

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
herios said:
Kiu said:
My Milos is serving rockets!
Anyone watching?

Watching it of course and enjoying it. I like Victor as well. I was wondering how he plays and I am happy to see how well he plays considering his resume.
Oldest player to make a debut at the USO and at 5'7" he has some serious pop on his serve, midway through the set he was having more aces than Milos:puzzled

I saw Victor play in DC at night against Giraldo, he lost badly, played badly too.
Today, he is playing much much better.

Raonic takes the first set via tie-breaker, now playing another tie breaker.
Nishikori takes 2 sets, almost at finish line.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Nole's about to make Querrey cry on court. This is going to be a demolition.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Milos gets through in 3 TB: 7-6 three times. He could have been playing better in the sets, but when it comes to TB he is very tough to beat.
Hats off to Victor as well to play as well as he did. He will move up yet again through the rankings afte USO.
Milos will play Nishi in a very interesting 4th round match, who dispatched Leo Mayer

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
another match for milos.

murray sneaking his way slowly towards the 4th rd.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
JWT - Pablo Carreno Busta just started. Pablo has never made it beyond 1st round in 4 appearances, so he already has had a good performance here, winning 2 matches back to back.
I would be very surprised if he presents any serious challenge to Jo.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
15 mins and 7 break points and finally the first game of the Tsonga/Carreno Busta match is over as Tsonga breaks. Zzzzz. If the rest of the match is as slow as that they'll be still playing on Tuesday.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
^ Did you just wake up Front? You were up till the wee hours yesterday watching that debacle of a Sharapova match.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
^ Did you just wake up Front? You were up till the wee hours yesterday watching that debacle of a Sharapova match.

Went to bed at around 6am and got up at 11:40 but was lying there for ages before I fell asleep and also lying awake from around 10:30 onwards so didn't sleep much :) Truly was a terrible match alright.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
As expected tiebreaker in the first set with Isner vs. Kohly. This really has the makings of a 4 hour match. :(

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Of course after winning the tiebreak, Kohlschreiber loses his first service game of the 2nd set. :nono