US Open Day 3: Wednesday, August 27

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:
Pretty disappointing TB and tough for Bellucci. Mr. Inconsistency goes through.

If Bellucci played really well, then it's not just down to Stan being inconsistent. He hung tough when he needed to, and got the win in 4. If he'd gone 5, I'd have been worried.

Yeah just really disappointing both for him and spectators to see him play so well to bring it to a TB only to score a whopping one point there :s

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw most of the 4th set and the play was pretty good until the TB. Stan dug his heels in but Bellucci stayed right there. I wondered what had happened to him because he seemed like someone who could potentially become a consistent top 20-30 player a few years back.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I saw most of the 4th set and the play was pretty good until the TB. Stan dug his heels in but Bellucci stayed right there. I wondered what had happened to him because he seemed like someone who could potentially become a consistent top 20-30 player a few years back.

Gilbert was asked this last night and he said that Bellucci didn't add anything to his game. Players need to adapt and add different dimensions to their game, improve, if you will, and Bellucci hasn't done that.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
DarthFed said:

Gilbert was asked this last night and he said that Bellucci didn't add anything to his game. Players need to adapt and add different dimensions to their game, improve, if you will, and Bellucci hasn't done that.

Can't disagree there but just checked out his player profile and he got up to #21 in 2010 at age 22. Even if he didn't add anything from then you'd think he should still be top 30 at age 26. Of course he is still young enough to make a push back up the rankings. He has a big game...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well that is probably not the only reason why he dropped in ranking since that time. There are injuries, mental aspect of the tennis grind. Not everybody can handle the pace of ATP tour. I remember Bellucci, he was so close at snapping Nole's unbeaten streak in 2011, I think in Madrid, he was up a set and a break (I believe) and couldn't keep that up, got injured and asked for a MTO and from then on Nole won easily.

The development of a tennis player is just like everything in life, your own work for example. You have to be inventive, ambitious in order to prosper; otherwise you are just where you are without any improvements and possibly others pass you by as well.:)

The Big Bad Wolf

Reactions
Wow, even though Stanimal didn't win in straights, I was impressed, Bellucci would have made things difficult for anyone out there, and I don't see this from him that often but his net game was solid. Playing like this he sure will give the other semi-finalist a run for his money :D