US Open Day 3: Wednesday, August 27

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Click here for Day 3 Order of Play
(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

Please use this thread to discuss Day 2 action.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Berd-Hewitt
Cilic - Baghs
Lopez - Dodig

These figure to be the most interesting even if the first 2 feature guys well past it (Hewitt and Baghs).

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, Berydch and Hewitt should be a good match to watch. Hewitt is still absolutely capable of causing an upset.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Nobody mentioned in any threds that Roger created a record for the largest number of consecutive
grand slam appearances with his appearance at this years USO. This is his 60th consecutive
slam appearance.:clap

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
Yeah, Berydch and Hewitt should be a good match to watch. Hewitt is still absolutely capable of causing an upset.

Could go either way, since Birdeek can be a mantle midget on on certain days.

However I hope he pummels rat face into retirement.

My official call is Czech Mate in 4.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Nobody mentioned in any threds that Roger created a record for the largest number of consecutive
grand slam appearances with his appearance at this years USO. This is his 60th consecutive

Yeh, and if he only had a little mental toughness and focus....lol.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bagman / Cilic should be good as well as Lleyton / Birdie

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
TsarMatt said:

Could go either way, since Birdeek can be a mantle midget on on certain days.

However I hope he pummels rat face into retirement.

My official call is Czech Mate in 4.

tumblr_mecbpvGM3d1qih9gi.gif

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Today marks the return of Steve Darcis in the slams. Hope he wins. He's had a tough time for over a year with that shoulder.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
GameSetAndMath said:

I am not usually crazy about longevity records because there are a bunch of folks from different sports that have them that were just average players, like A.C Green in the NBA for most consecutive games played, or Carl Ripken Junior of baseball etc.

But In Roger's case, longevity is combined with brilliance. A rarity for the most part. Congrats to Roger :clap

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Berd-Hewitt
Cilic - Baghs
Lopez - Dodig

These figure to be the most interesting even if the first 2 feature guys well past it (Hewitt and Baghs).

Would be nice to see Baghs bring it again. When he's on, he's great to watch. I find Cilic to be too... orthodox

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Darcis up 5-1 first set against Klizan. Pretty mighty return to form. Hope he keeps it up.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I am not usually crazy about longevity records because there are a bunch of folks from different sports that have them that were just average players, like A.C Green in the NBA for most consecutive games played, or Carl Ripken Junior of baseball etc.

But In Roger's case, longevity is combined with brilliance. A rarity for the most part. Congrats to Roger :clap
I think longevity in tennis is more impressive because the player is not playing in a team. Besides the brilliance, Roger reached, I think, 29 semis of those grand slam appearances.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
So annoyed we don't get to see all the matches. Would like to watch Darcis v Klizan. Darcis seems to be on fire. Up 6-3 6-2 3-1. That's pretty darn good considering he's only back in a slam draw for the first time since his comeback from surgery and Klizan is a good if streaky player.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems poor Baghdatis retired due to injury. Shame.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
And Dodig too. Man. Sucks for both of them. Retired at 1-1 5th set.