US Open Day 2: Tuesday, August 26

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Pretty solid match for Roger aside from brief hiccup at the end of the 3rd.

Yup, at least the slop was quite brief there and way more good than bad. Some excellent DTL BHs, lobs, volleys, serving.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Embarrassing interview with MJ.

Yea, Mary Joe was trying to watch the match while interviewing him, it's like hello, this is MJ!!

So I learned from Michael Jordan

-Roger is a "good athlete"
-He has never been to a pro tennis match
-He knows nothing about tennis

Lol..what a sick waste of 2 minutes of my life.

Actually, we also learned what it takes to manage twins, which is interesting, and that it's the focus that helps a champion win past 33. I thought it was an OK use of my 2 minutes.

These types of know nothing about tennis celebrity interviews burn me to my core.

With all due respect, the adulterous, philandering Jordan, at 51 with his twins, has absolutely nothing in common with Roger Federer.

Respectfully, they are in a commercial endeavor together on those shoes. That's why Jordan was interviewed. And they had dinner last night, and we got some insight. Judge Jordan if you like, for his personal life, but it's difficult to claim that he has nothing in common with Roger, as an athlete.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Embarrassing interview with MJ.

Yea, Mary Joe was trying to watch the match while interviewing him, it's like hello, this is MJ!!

Actually, we also learned what it takes to manage twins, which is interesting, and that it's the focus that helps a champion win past 33. I thought it was an OK use of my 2 minutes.

These types of know nothing about tennis celebrity interviews burn me to my core.

With all due respect, the adulterous, philandering Jordan, at 51 with his twins, has absolutely nothing in common with Roger Federer.

he got hiv from porking dodgy ladies then prob passed hiv onto other wimmin himself. what an icon :huh:

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

Respectfully, they are in a commercial endeavor together on those shoes. That's why Jordan was interviewed. And they had dinner last night, and we got some insight. Judge Jordan if you like, for his personal life, but it's difficult to claim that he has nothing in common with Roger, as an athlete.

I don't care if they play poker and smoke cigars. It should not pollute the airwaves. This is a tennis match not an infomercial.

Jordan and Federer have little in common. Yes both are champions and legends of their sports. But I don't equate team sports to tennis. Totally different worlds.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

he got hiv from porking dodgy ladies then prob passed hiv onto other wimmin himself. what an icon :huh:

Er, ur thinking of Magic Johnson.

He has an interesting kind of HIV...the kind that makes you fat and rich.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Was thinking that too and even googled Michael Jordan HIV and came up with nothing and could only remember Magic Johnson being that one that got HIV.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

I think you're thinking of Magic Johnson.

Regardless of what these haters think of MJ I hope he will stay longer this USO, that could pump Roger up.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

I think you're thinking of Magic Johnson.

Regardless of what these haters think of MJ I hope he will stay longer this USO, that could pump Roger up.

Funny, tennis legends don't sit their fat asses at other major sporting events to pump up any McAthletes.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They do on occasion, but there isn't such thing as a player's box. Regardless, I'd love if Roger channeled MJ's toughness, he'd be sitting on 20+ heading for 25 if he had it.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
They do on occasion, but there isn't such thing as a player's box. Regardless, I'd love if Roger channeled MJ's toughness, he'd be sitting on 20+ heading for 25 if he had it.

Are you for real? You wish he "had it" LOL. Yeh, it would have been nice if Federer had harnessed his talents and done something with his career. :lolz:

I guess tennis having no off season, no team mates, no bench, no timeouts, and no standardized surface makes no difference?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

I don't care if they play poker and smoke cigars. It should not pollute the airwaves. This is a tennis match not an infomercial.

Jordan and Federer have little in common. Yes both are champions and legends of their sports. But I don't equate team sports to tennis. Totally different worlds.

You, of all people, I'm surprised that you don't know why Jordan and ESPN are out there promoting those shoes. Everything is an informercial…the great search for "imbedded content." I don't kid myself that Roger and Michael are real friends. It's a match made in "selling-a-product" heaven. Still, though, why not?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

Are you for real? You wish he "had it" LOL.

I guess tennis having no off season, no team mates, no bench, no timeouts, and no standardized surface makes no difference?

3-8 in the 5th set of GS semis and finals, a ridiculous H2H vs. Nadal including ugly losses on grass and hard courts. Despite all that Roger is the greatest to date but yea, give him MJ's mentality and he'd be of similar stature.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:

You, of all people, I'm surprised that you don't know why Jordan and ESPN are out there promoting those shoes. Everything is an informercial…the great search for "imbedded content." I don't kid myself that Roger and Michael are real friends. It's a match made in "selling-a-product" heaven. Still, though, why not?

Oh I know what you are saying...I'm not that clueless..:)

I just don't have to like it...and it did not used to be this way.

All we do in this country now is sell, sell, sell...I'm sick of it...

Remember it is a lot easier to insult the intelligence of tennis fans then those of other sports....

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

3-8 in the 5th set of GS semis and finals, a ridiculous H2H vs. Nadal including ugly losses on grass and hard courts. Despite all that Roger is the greatest to date but yea, give him MJ's mentality and he'd be of similar stature.

"Similar stature"...?.:laydownlaughing

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

I won't bother trying to convince you that MJ and Fed are different caliber athletes. It's not a knock on Federer as anyone I've ever seen is not comparable to Jordan. Guessing you aren't much of a bball fan :angel:

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:
Luxilon Borg said:
DarthFed said:

I won't bother trying to convince you that MJ and Fed are different caliber athletes. It's not a knock on Federer as anyone I've ever seen is not comparable to Jordan. Guessing you aren't much of a bball fan :angel:

Simply ludicrous.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
As is a counter-argument that ends after 2 words...