Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
These types of know nothing about tennis celebrity interviews burn me to my core.

With all due respect, the adulterous, philandering Jordan, at 51 with his twins, has absolutely nothing in common with Roger Federer.

Respectfully, they are in a commercial endeavor together on those shoes. That's why Jordan was interviewed. And they had dinner last night, and we got some insight. Judge Jordan if you like, for his personal life, but it's difficult to claim that he has nothing in common with Roger, as an athlete.

I don't care if they play poker and smoke cigars. It should not pollute the airwaves. This is a tennis match not an infomercial.

Jordan and Federer have little in common. Yes both are champions and legends of their sports. But I don't equate team sports to tennis. Totally different worlds.

You, of all people, I'm surprised that you don't know why Jordan and ESPN are out there promoting those shoes. Everything is an informercial…the great search for "imbedded content." I don't kid myself that Roger and Michael are real friends. It's a match made in "selling-a-product" heaven. Still, though, why not?

Oh I know what you are saying...I'm not that clueless..:)

I just don't have to like it...and it did not used to be this way.

All we do in this country now is sell, sell, sell...I'm sick of it...

Remember it is a lot easier to insult the intelligence of tennis fans then those of other sports....

I didn't treat you as clueless…I actually said I expected you to get it. I can understand being sick of it, but I'm not sure what planet you live on. Sports is big business, and, like it or not, Jordan and Federer have gotten into business bed together.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
Respectfully, they are in a commercial endeavor together on those shoes. That's why Jordan was interviewed. And they had dinner last night, and we got some insight. Judge Jordan if you like, for his personal life, but it's difficult to claim that he has nothing in common with Roger, as an athlete.

I don't care if they play poker and smoke cigars. It should not pollute the airwaves. This is a tennis match not an infomercial.

Jordan and Federer have little in common. Yes both are champions and legends of their sports. But I don't equate team sports to tennis. Totally different worlds.

You, of all people, I'm surprised that you don't know why Jordan and ESPN are out there promoting those shoes. Everything is an informercial…the great search for "imbedded content." I don't kid myself that Roger and Michael are real friends. It's a match made in "selling-a-product" heaven. Still, though, why not?

Oh I know what you are saying...I'm not that clueless..:)

I just don't have to like it...and it did not used to be this way.

All we do in this country now is sell, sell, sell...I'm sick of it...

Remember it is a lot easier to insult the intelligence of tennis fans then those of other sports....

I didn't treat you as clueless…I actually said I expected you to get it. I can understand being sick of it, but I'm not sure what planet you live on. Sports is big business, and, like it or not, Jordan and Federer have gotten into business bed together.

I was just being funny...I know you were not tarting me as clueless...I was having bit of fun.:)

Yes, I know sports is business, but it should not rear it's ugly head smack in the middle of a tennis match. That is what commercials are for.

Try that on the BBC.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
tumblr_mk5aueGLeg1s5h0h8o1_250.gif

Nard Dog!! Didn't expect him to win in straight sets. Granted, they were all tight, but he stepped it up when it mattered. Hopefully that injury blemish late in the third set isn't carried into his next match.

But still, good win! Bernie! Good on ya', mate!

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Another good thing this year is that unless I am mistaken, they stopped the nonsense of Wed first rd matches.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Unfortunately not, there are 16 1st round matches tomorrow.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not too happy with Roger even though he won in straight sets. He lost concentration
and got broken in the third set which pushed the set to a TB. Also, his breakpoint conversion
rate is pretty pedestrian. The one thing that looked good was his backhand.

Hope he keeps increasing his level as he progresses into further rounds.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Today, there were 8 Americans on schedule. Five of them lost (incluiding Jack Sock).
The three winners are John Isner, Sam Querry and Tim Smyczek.

Lot better than yesterday when everyone who played lost (2 of 2).

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Another good thing this year is that unless I am mistaken, they stopped the nonsense of Wed first rd matches.

LB, that is still going on I believe. There is a bunch of first round matches tomorrow, Hewitt-Bird being one I am looking forward to watching.

You are correct sir.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I am not too happy with Roger even though he won in straight sets. He lost concentration
and got broken in the third set which pushed the set to a TB. Also, his breakpoint conversion
rate is pretty pedestrian. The one thing that looked good was his backhand.

Hope he keeps increasing his level as he progresses into further rounds.

Methinks you are being rather tough on Rogah...I think he played very well against a free swinging, unpredictable opponent.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
1972Murat said:
Luxilon Borg said:

LB, that is still going on I believe. There is a bunch of first round matches tomorrow, Hewitt-Bird being one I am looking forward to watching.

You are correct sir.

This won't be the case starting from next year. They promised to reform beigning in 2015.
Old fashioned schedule, two full weeks, two days for each round, the first 5 rounds.
Men's semis on Friday and Men's finals on sunday. Women's semis on Thursday and
final on Saturday.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:
1972Murat said:
Luxilon Borg said:

You are correct sir.

This won't be the case starting from next year. They promised to reform beigning in 2015.
Old fashioned schedule, two full weeks, two days for each round, the first 5 rounds.
Men's semis on Friday and Men's finals on sunday. Women's semis on Thursday and
final on Saturday.

Wait, the final is going back to Sunday? Wow.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yikes. :puzzled :blush: I got the wrong retired basketball legend who's hiv+. umm a bit more basketball knowledge before I poast next time:idea: I think.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yes finally..the usopen get with the programme at last, no more 3day 1st rd matches in future will be another much welcome improvement..

sir grigor must be checking the listings to make sure he is actually even in the draw. :s