US Open 2020 plans

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Russian world no 32 Svetlana Kuznetsova will not play Cincinnati and the USO due to concerns of coronavirus.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So far nine WTA Top 40 players are out of the USO

1.Barty
5.Svitolina
7.Bertens
29.Wang
30.Pavlyuchenkova
31.Strycova
32.Kutnetsova
34.Zheng
38.Goerges.

Australian Priscilla Hon and Ann Li move into USO main draw after Strycova and Wang withdraw.
Hailey Baptiste will receive a wild card.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
World No 8 Belinda Bencic announced her withdrawal from Cinncy and the USO,making it five Top Ten WTA players that have pulled out thus far.
Bencic will return to the WTA tour in Rome next month.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak hired a private jet to NYC I read today.

Theim wearing No Mask at all at the airport,which does not surprise me at all.
He's going to have to wear a mask when he gets to NYC.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes,still he should be wearing a mask when outside period.
What he should do and is willing to do are apparently two different things. But when he gets to NYC, he will be required to wear a mask in public, even before he's under USO protocols. I've been a fan of his tennis, but I'm not a fan of his cavalier attitude towards COVID. Apparently, he learned nothing from the Adria Tour debacle.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What he should do and is willing to do are apparently two different things. But when he gets to NYC, he will be required to wear a mask in public, even before he's under USO protocols. I've been a fan of his tennis, but I'm not a fan of his cavalier attitude towards COVID. Apparently, he learned nothing from the Adria Tour debacle.

He is not the only tennis player that learnt nothing from that Adria Tour sad to say,to put yourself at risk,more importantly other people at risk is just plain selfish,not wearing a mask.I know in many countries it is not mandatory to wear a mask,health officials are always explaining the benefits of wearing a mask in public,on public transport and shopping malls etc.,until there is a vaccine for this virus wearing a mask will be the 'new normal'.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is not the only tennis player that learnt nothing from that Adria Tour sad to say,to put yourself at risk,more importantly other people at risk is just plain selfish,not wearing a mask.I know in many countries it is not mandatory to wear a mask,health officials are always explaining the benefits of wearing a mask in public,on public transport and shopping malls etc.,until there is a vaccine for this virus wearing a mask will be the 'new normal'.
He's far from the only one. Maybe only Dimitrov is, and it took him getting sick, and feeling the effects for a long time. What shocks me is that the others don't even at least pay lip-service, if only for the PR of it. At the very least, I'm expecting Djokovic to wear the full hair shirt and make a big show of compliance. Let's see how that goes.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He's far from the only one. Maybe only Dimitrov is, and it took him getting sick, and feeling the effects for a long time. What shocks me is that the others don't even at least pay lip-service, if only for the PR of it. At the very least, I'm expecting Djokovic to wear the full hair shirt and make a big show of compliance. Let's see how that goes.

If you want to play in this pandemic you 'have to abide by the rules that are set in place,not only to protect yourself,also other's or don't play at all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kei Nishikori has tested positive for coronavirus in Florida,where he's long been at IMG Academy (along with many other players).
He will have to pull out of the Cincinnati tournament.Kei and his team will get tested again on Friday.Next update will be on Friday.
According to the regulations,players have to arrive at least 4 days before their first match in New York,so he has to return a negative test in the next ten days or so,if he is able to play at the USO.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Wise decision. So now we have 1,2,5,6,7,8 out. Pliskova has said she will take part and Kenin (3+4)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) and Proscilla Hon (AUS) have withdrawn from USO.
Usue Arconada (USA) and Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) move into the main draw.
Allie Kick (USA) receive the wild card previously awarded to Arconada.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Cinncy tournament on the advice of her medical team due to discomfort in left ankle.
Muguruza still hopes to be able to compete at the USO.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
USTA Conference Call On Health and Safety Protocols for 2020 Western and Southern Open and US Open.