US Open 2019 Draw Challenge

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hfMQLy1.jpg

A fun game where you score points for predicting the match results in the tennis tournaments.

You pick the winners at the beginning of the tournament.

This takes as little as 10 minutes per bracket to play

Instructions

Video Tutorial Here:

Tennis Draw Challenge Instructions

In a nutshell...

If you aren't a member of the Tennis Frontier website (the one you're reading - sign up - top right and then we can track your score), then...

1. Goto http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ and register a new account (if you haven't got an account already). Try and use the same username as you use on this website.

2. When you are registered, click the GROUP menu option (at the top) and join the Discuss.Tennis Group.

3. Then click BRACKET menu option at the top and you'll see the tournaments for either WTA or ATP. Click In the second column, you will see a "Make your picks now" link. Click on this to make your picks. You can toggle between ATP and WTA tournament listing by clicking the "WTA" and "ATP" buttons at the top.

Good luck hombres!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So many first round picks that feel like complete land mines. Between Tsitsipas/Rublev, for example, it feels like you pick one, you commit to them for several rounds. Well, it's all in good fun!

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
So many first round picks that feel like complete land mines. Between Tsitsipas/Rublev, for example, it feels like you pick one, you commit to them for several rounds. Well, it's all in good fun!
I think Rublev has a real chance too but somehow I picked Tsitsipas to make the final. I don’t know why but my draw just opened up for him. So you should expect him to lose Tuesday.

Reactions: mrzz and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rublev has a real chance too but somehow I picked Tsitsipas to make the final. I don’t know why but my draw just opened up for him. So you should expect him to lose Tuesday.
:lulz2:Yeah, that's kinda the way I feel about much of my draw, but that is a rough start, in particular. I picked Tsitsipas, too. I do think that Tsitsipas has more upside, but they're both ambitious and Rublev is trending. #nailbiter.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Fellow contesters (and also our spare wheel @britbox): update your brackets since we have two LL entering in the places of Anderson and Raonic.

Other landmines (most already mentioned by tennisplayer08 in the main tournament thread):

H. Hurkacz
J. Chardy

L. Djere
M. Kecmanovic

F. Fognini(11)
R. Opelka

M. Fucsovics
N. Basilashvili(17)

A. Mannarino
D. Evans

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was running from the wild fires... you can see it in the background.
BTW, I heard at some point the sky was dark with smoke even in São Paolo. How are things there?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
BTW, I heard at some point the sky was dark with smoke even in São Paolo. How are things there?

Skies are always dark with smoke (pollution) in São Paulo... but, (half) joke aside, the little effect that was visible is already gone.

What actually happened was the coincidence of three things: we had a day with heavy cloud coverage (low, medium and high clouds), and that formation was stuck here because it was trapped between two different temperature fronts. On top of that strong winds did carry smoke from the wildfires across all the state (from neighboring states which are around 1000 KM away, actually more in the "Pantanal" region than in the Amazon region, which is farther away). All those three things converged to one of the darkest days I have seen here. At 2:00 PM it was as dark as in usual sunset time (~ 6:30 at this time of the year).

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Skies are always dark with smoke (pollution) in São Paulo... but, (half) joke aside, the little effect that was visible is already gone.

What actually happen was the coincidence of three things: we had a day with heavy cloud coverage (low, medium and high clouds), and that formation was stuck here because it was trapped between two different temperature fronts. On top of that strong winds did carry smoke from the wildfires across all the state (from neighboring states which are around 1000 KM away, actually more in the "Pantanal" region than in the Amazon region, which is farther away). All those three things converged to one of the darkest days I have seen here. At 2:00 PM it was as dark as in usual sunset time (~ 6:30 at this time of the year).
Yes, I knew it was really far away, that's why I was astonished, but that explanation makes sense. Thanks!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The smoke is from the crack pipe @mrzz has turned to for solace. You have to give him a break - he's been inspecting the horror show of his early draw challenge results.

giphy.gif

Reactions: don_fabio

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
The smoke is from the crack pipe @mrzz has turned to for solace. You have to give him a break - he's been inspecting the horror show of his early draw challenge results.

giphy.gif

I am giving you a head start -- or doing my head. Or both. Whatever. What? I mean.. woooow, this is good shit.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a day so far in men's draw, what a day. Seeds are dropping like flies and all was going fine just yesterday. These draw challenges only make me miserable. Don't even know why I'm doing this. I need to re-think my priorities in life.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a day so far in men's draw, what a day. Seeds are dropping like flies and all was going fine just yesterday. These draw challenges only make me miserable. Don't even know why I'm doing this. I need to re-think my priorities in life.

In dark moments like these @don_fabio we need to remember how lucky we are and consider the feelings of others in a far worse position. Imagine how @mrzz must be feeling.

I was just looking at the draw challenges and initially, I thought @mrzz might have deleted his account... where was he??

giphy.gif

Yep, after scrolling down the page for what seemed like an eternity, I managed to find him. It's at times like this, we must show gratitude for our own lofty positions and empathy for the likes of @mrzz.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
In dark moments like these @don_fabio we need to remember how lucky we are and consider the feelings of others in a far worse position. Imagine how @mrzz must be feeling.

I was just looking at the draw challenges and initially, I thought @mrzz might have deleted his account... where was he??

giphy.gif

Yep, after scrolling down the page for what seemed like an eternity, I managed to find him. It's at times like this, we must show gratitude for our own lofty positions and empathy for the likes of @mrzz.

Yes, it really took a LOT of effort to carefully and meticulously make my picks to give folks a good head start. I am so magnanimous and nice that I think I will build a statue of myself, looking away beyond the horizon, with the wind blowing my long hair while I think of ways of helping those less fortunate in the art of picking winners. I just need to find myself a wig because natural hair is getting rare...

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

Fedal_fan

Reactions
I wrote this predictions list few days back.

Some of the key players are already out :). It has been a crazy start to the US Open.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's tight at the top of WTA, but I'm gonna be swimming with fishes very soon.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wrote this predictions list few days back.

Some of the key players are already out :). It has been a crazy start to the US Open.

History says it isn't to be! After a great previous season ('11, '15, & '18), by the time Djokovic gets to the USO to defend, he's lucky to make the final ('12, '16, & 2019?)! With the news about his shoulder, it's hard to believe experienced/seasoned pros will allow him to get away with that to close out the year with 3 Majors again! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :sick:

Reactions: Fedal_fan