3. David Goffin
4. Benoit Paire
5. Lucas Pouille
6. Marin Cilic
7. Taylor Fritz
8. Alex de Minaur

7LB7ePP.jpg

The Tournament:

The Rakuten Open Tennis Championships is the longest-running ATP Tour tournament in Asia, first held in 1972. The ATP 500 tournament is played at the Ariake Colosseum, an expansive tennis centre comprising 48 courts and a stadium with one of the first retractable roofs in tennis. In preparation for the 2020 Olympic Games, the 2018 event was held indoors at the Musushino Forest Sport Plaza. Japan's Kei Nishikori won the 2012 and 2014 titles.

About Tokyo:

Tokyo, officially Tokyo Metropolis, is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan. It has served as the Japanese capital since 1869. As of 2018, the Greater Tokyo Area ranked as the most populous metropolitan area in the world. The urban area houses the seat of the Emperor of Japan, of the Japanese government and of the National Diet. Tokyo forms part of the Kantō region on the southeastern side of Japan's main island, Honshu, and includes the Izu Islands and Ogasawara Islands.

JPmaJqb.jpg

xh3flpj.jpg

CZWt3l7.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, Djokovic is really in. PS: What is that crazy red Eiffel Tower looking thing that looks photo-shopped into the photo?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow at the weak entry list... :facepalm: If Djokovic isn't able to vulture this tournament then it will be extremely embarrassing... :eek:

Also Djokovic knows that the real Eiffel Tower is the property of the GOAT so he has to settle for that red knockoff... :facepalm: :lol6:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic wins weak field boring will be watching china open that's worth your time, of course Djokovic fans should enjoy the event.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't we have one in Vegas too? Some can talk about FAKE if they like I suppose!
I honestly didn't mean that it was fake, I just said it looked photoshopped in that picture. Just kind of a joke. ;)

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m starting to think Novak is still dead serious about keeping # 1 if he bypassed China to play the weaker Japan Open field. It’s a way to get enough points if he wins to offset if he doesn’t retain his Masters ( Shanghai) points.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m starting to think Novak is still dead serious about keeping # 1 if he bypassed China to play the weaker Japan Open field. It’s a way to get enough points if he wins to offset if he doesn’t retain his Masters ( Shanghai) points.
I still like GSM's (was it?) theory that he wants to play there to prep for the Olympics. Also possible.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I still like GSM's (was it?) theory that he wants to play there to prep for the Olympics. Also possible.

A year ahead of time?

Mind you, I don’t necessarily think it’s a terrible thing for Novak to do, simply that he may care more about retaining the #1 ranking then I imagined for this year-ending considering his shoulder issues.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A year ahead of time?

Mind you, I don’t necessarily think it’s a terrible thing for Novak to do, simply that he may care more about retaining the #1 ranking then I imagined for this year-ending considering his shoulder issues.
I'm not denying your point. I would have thought that caution might have said to skip this one, if he didn't care about keeping his #1. As I've said before, let him go for it. If he's going to risk his health and his AO for the YE#1, as a Nadal fan, I am all for it, because I think it's idiotic. If that's the goal.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Coric tennis is disappointing. The guy starts almost every match with a set down and then expects to win it through 3rd set TB. Ridiculous.

The commentators mentioned he plays back too far behind the baseline allowing other players to dictate! It'll work for him against some, but playing elites, Coric's going down even though I like him personally! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :sick: :ptennis:

Reactions: don_fabio