3. Taylor Fritz
4. Denis Shapovalov
5. Pablo Carreno Busta
6. Reilly Opelka
7. Fernando Verdasco
8. Daniel Evans

Hy7rrzB.jpg

The Tournament:

The Stockholm Open (currently sponsored by Intrum) is a tennis event on the ATP Tour played in Stockholm, Sweden. The tournament is owned by The Royal Lawn Tennis Club of Stockholm 40%, SALK (Stockholm Public Lawn Tennis Club) 40% and Tennis Stockholm 20%.

The first Stockholm Open was held in 1969 and it has been played each year ever since. The tournament is played on indoor hard-court and features both men's singles and doubles tournament.

About Stockholm:

Stockholm is the capital of Sweden and the most populous urban area in the Nordic countries; 965,232 people live in the municipality, approximately 1.6 million in the urban area, and 2.4 million in the metropolitan area. The city stretches across fourteen islands where Lake Mälaren flows into the Baltic Sea. Outside the city to the east, and along the coast, is the island chain of the Stockholm archipelago. The area has been settled since the Stone Age, in the 6th millennium BC, and was founded as a city in 1252 by Swedish statesman Birger Jarl. It is also the county seat of Stockholm County.

P3G7FDw.jpg

T4KR8iv.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tomic lost to Dan Evans today. No surprise. But I had to look it up...Tomic is ranked #180. I wonder if he's going to work hard for a comeback, or just evaporate. Maybe @MargaretMcAleer has some intel.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@El Dude your boy Ymer beat Sousa just now, in straights. I caught the end. Kid looked good.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tanko quitsarevic wasted the fog 1 and 1 the other day..fog has outside chance of qual for wtf and he turns in another pitiful effort. quitsy is retiring this week. demob happy ?.

shapo wins. oh yeah.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tanko quitsarevic wasted the fog 1 and 1 the other day..fog has outside chance of qual for wtf and he turns in another pitiful effort. quitsy is retiring this week. demob happy ?.

shapo wins. oh yeah.
Fognini always snatching defeat from the jaws of actually making something of his career. Tipsy retiring this week??

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fognini always snatching defeat from the jaws of actually making something of his career. Tipsy retiring this week??
last singles match lost after saving 9mp :scratch:yikes. tipsy has daviscup left and that's it.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
last singles match lost after saving 9mp :scratch:yikes. tipsy has daviscup left and that's it.
Tipsarevic could have had a better career without all of the injuries. I like him. Fognini...what is there to say? At least he's more amusing and rather less of a fuck up than Dimitrov.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tipsarevic could have had a better career without all of the injuries. I like him. Fognini...what is there to say? At least he's more amusing and rather less of a fuck up than Dimitrov.
Dimitrov was more interested in chasing the pussycat dolls then tennis

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dimitrov was more interested in chasing the pussycat dolls then tennis
Oh, if only he were a playboy, or someone with an actual flair for self-destruction, like Geralitis or Safin. No, he's just an under-prepared underachiever, which is the biggest ho-hum of all. Or, maybe better said, he's an over-achiever. Given his lack of ambition and resistance to some very good coaching, it's surprising he's even done as well as he has.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shapo and murray in action,,but murray is in another tourney..can shapo break his title drought?. dunno.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like a first title for Denis is on the horizon, but Krajinovic is a decent player. Could be an interesting match.

Reactions: Fiero425

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It would be a first title for either of them.
For Denis is actually his first final of an ATP event. He was long overdue for one.

Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
It would be a first title for either of them.
For Denis is actually his first final of an ATP event. He was long overdue for one.

I admit I’m surprised by this.

He won the first set 6-4, and it’s 2-2 in the second.

Reactions: Fiero425

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I admit I’m surprised by this.

He won the first set 6-4, and it’s 2-2 in the second.
I know. He has been talked about for more than 2 years by now, as a future elite, but other than some deep runs in a couple of masters, he hasn't done anything outstanding.
Hopefully that changes today.