US OPEN 2014 - AUG 25th to SEP 8th

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
Andy will likely be playing more matches on Armstrong this year due to his lower seeding. He hasn't got on great with that court in the past.

I agree, but there is one small issue. To play more matches, he needs to win some matches.
Multiple matches in Armstrong is better than on his backyard.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
TennisFanatic7 said:
Andy will likely be playing more matches on Armstrong this year due to his lower seeding. He hasn't got on great with that court in the past.

I agree, but there is one small issue. To play more matches, he needs to win some matches.

:lolz: I don't know if he's had bad luck on Armstrong, but it's a great court. Anyway, I'm not sure if his ranking is going to 'relegate' him to Armstrong, necessarily. He's still a marquee name, and the men's side lost one.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
TennisFanatic7 said:

:lolz: I don't know if he's had bad luck on Armstrong, but it's a great court. Anyway, I'm not sure if his ranking is going to 'relegate' him to Armstrong, necessarily. He's still a marquee name, and the men's side lost one.

Yes, actually starting from the second round Murray could lose at any step. This will
work in his favor (as far as court allocation is concerned) and the organizers will keep
putting him in Ashe until he loses.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:

Did you see this article?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/11054388/Andy-Murrays-Wimbledon-triumph-would-have-been-such-a-hard-act-to-follow-admits-former-coach-Ivan-Lendl.html

Andy Murray's Wimbledon triumph would have been such a hard act to follow, admits former coach Ivan Lendl.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
TennisFanatic7 said:

Yes, actually starting from the second round Murray could lose at any step. This will
work in his favor (as far as court allocation is concerned) and the organizers will keep

I agree that Andy's form is still a mystery, although I picked him to win it. (What the heck, eh?) But I don't see why playing on Ashe would help him, in particular. On Armstrong, he'd really have the crowd, and he'd be able to feel it. Players don't like to say it, but I get the impression that they feel the court on Ashe is so vast, and rather removed from the crowd.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Moxie629 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
TennisFanatic7 said:

I agree that Andy's form is still a mystery, although I picked him to win it. (What the heck, eh?) But I don't see why playing on Ashe would help him, in particular. On Armstrong, he'd really have the crowd, and he'd be able to feel it. Players don't like to say it, but I get the impression that they feel the court on Ashe is so vast, and rather removed from the crowd.

I meant the phrase "will work in his favor as far as court allocation is concerned",
in the sense of being happy that he got the best court out there and feeling important.
Also, I think the elements play a greater role in Ashe than in other courts and so
most players should be thankful if they are not scheduled on Ashe on a windy day.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Hope to see Llodra rip a few players a new one in what will likely be his last USO.

If Llodora wins his first match (a winnable one), he will meet Kohlschrbrier in second
round. I will have difficult time in picking whom to root for as I like both of them.
The winner of that match will meet Isner in third round if he is still alive.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:
Hope to see Llodra rip a few players a new one in what will likely be his last USO.

If Llodora wins his first match (a winnable one), he will meet Kohlschrbrier in second
round. I will have difficult time in picking whom to root for as I like both of them.

Likewise I like both but the choice of who to root for gets a lot easier when they play Isner :snigger I'd still prefer Llodra goes through simply 'cos it's likely to be his last US Open.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Front242 said:

Likewise I like both but the choice of who to root for gets a lot easier when they play Isner :snigger I'd still prefer Llodra goes through simply 'cos it's likely to be his last US Open.

That actually has a higher chance as Kohly is not really shining this year (not to mention
that he is not too bright even when he shines, in terms of results).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Why does semester start on the same day as USO? Why can't it wait for 2 more weeks?

If my ppd (posts per day) comes down, it is not because one of my favorites lost or
something like that.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I have no semester to worry about, but I have a holiday I'm going on, so I'll take my usual hiatus. Enjoy the tennis, people. I won't say, "let the best man win" because he's absent. ;)

Let tennis win, that's even better... :)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
You tell him BB.:clap

Have a great time Kieran, I hope it rains every day:ras:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Schwartzman is not without merits. He's returned a few of Novak's serves really well. He's in this game on Novak's serve.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
i tend to avoid studying draw for potential clashes so to have a surprise seeing the oop, but I did sneak a glance at draw on wiki..4th rd tie could be nick kyrgios vs stanimal :idea: if that is correct I hope it morphs into reality come next week. :)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Your 2014 USO Champ w/ probably 0% of everyone's vote on August 25. Congrats! :clap
TENNIS-OPEN__2099260g.jpg

10906192274268304039.jpg

cilic-1410236415.jpg

2014%20US%20Open%20Tennis.JPEG

marin-cilic.jpg

r

US%20Open%20Tennis.JPEG

Maria+Bartiromo+2014+Open+Champion+Marin+Cilic+fWsrV5KMtV6l.jpg

Charlie+Rose+2014+Open+Champion+Marin+Cilic+1Y_yx5PkcYNl.jpg

i

BxGyGVACYAAAnBY.jpg:large