Top sprinters, Asafa Powell,Tyson Gay fail dope tests.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not particularly surprised about this...
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-15/powell-and-gay-fail-drug-tests/4819574

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Would it be political correct to suggest that these two guys wasn't running Fast enough to get pass the AntiDoping agency:huh:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nothing surprises me in athletics, especially when it comes to the Jamaicans, who have a poor record in both testing and failed tests. It's not even disappointing because I think of athletics the same way I think of cycling - with a sidewards, cautious glance. I don't understand why there isn't a life ban for drug cheats. I know, somebody slipped them something, somebody else gave bad advice, but really, if the ultimate deterrent is there, it'll at least give pause to anyone who's tempted.

With these bad boys absent in Moscow for the World Championships, Usain Bolt's main rival is...Justin Gatlin...:huh: :mad:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
Do you think Bolt gets a Get out of Jail free card AP?

Not after Lance Armstrong. Indurain and LeMond should be lionized over him from now on. I hope Bolt hasn't used these substances so he can be remembered for doing what he did on God-given talent and training. His unique build and stellar mechanics whilst sprinting leads me to believe he may be the real article, but these stories give me pause more than in the past.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lot of suspicion over Indurain - but Lemond was a phenomenal cyclist and the one that Cyrille Guimard said could win without "preparation" ... meaning able to win without doping.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
if anything came out regarding Bolt, it'd be a devastating blow for all of track and field athletics. as it is, his competition falling apart is bad enough. with the way he used to dominate, it's kind of easy to see how his competitors would be driven into this, no? not to excuse them, and i can't rule out that they'd been on the stuff earlier... but if you're trying so hard to catch a guy that seems a head and shoulder above the rest (literally as well, of course), it's understandable that you reach the point where you go with ANYthing that could help you out a little.

in related news, what do you think about UCI prez McQuaid declaring that (unlike his prior claims) whatever the findings might be regarding Pantani, there'll be no stripping him of his titles a la Armstrong? double standards, much? of course, unfortuantely Marco isn't around anymore to defend himself, but still... if there's conclusive evidence that he doped, why would they still keep him in the records? strange enough as it is. same goes for Ullrich - noone can tell me that he only started doping in his mid-thirties. if the UCI is real about a clean slate, then they'll have to delete pretty much every TdF result from the early nineties on until 2011.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JS, In theory you're right. I don't believe any Tour de France was won clean from 1991 to 2010. Where Armstrong fell down was that winning wasn't enough... he had to control people, destroy people, trash reputations and abuse the power he had built up. It came back to haunt him.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
sorry for taking this even further down the cycling path (pun intended) - but read the news about the Froome press conference yet? probably due to the Gay/Powell news and Froome's breathtaking Ventoux performance, he was nailed with questions about PEDs, and it left him quite frustrated. it's hard, really. with a performance like that and cycling's history, it's only natural that the press will ask - and noone wants to be the guy who was too naive. on the other hand, if a rider and his team are clean, but still good or great, what can they do nowadays for people to believe them?

transcript of the relevant part of the presser, the Guardian

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Nothing surprises me in athletics, especially when it comes to the Jamaicans, who have a poor record in both testing and failed tests. It's not even disappointing because I think of athletics the same way I think of cycling - with a sidewards, cautious glance. I don't understand why there isn't a life ban for drug cheats. I know, somebody slipped them something, somebody else gave bad advice, but really, if the ultimate deterrent is there, it'll at least give pause to anyone who's tempted.

With these bad boys absent in Moscow for the World Championships, Usain Bolt's main rival is...Justin Gatlin...:huh: :mad:

awwww good old Justin gatlin..we can all rely on him to carry the torch of decency and fair play cant we ? :snigger

I mean, the is just NO WAY mr gatlin would ever try to cheat..we are in safe and 'clean' :nono hands with him.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There seems to be a spate of them in track at the moment. I wonder if some of the tests have improved and surprised some athletes.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's kind of galling that Justin Gatlin won silver tonight in Moscow. The shady guys are winning, even if they come second...

August

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Website
augustonsports.blogspot.com
How the testing is made in Jamaica before the Olympics:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130819/lax-drug-testing-in-jamaican-track-and-field/?sct=mr_t11_a2

Jamaica should really improve their anti-doping work. Weak testing takes away credibility from e.g. Bolt's and Fraser-Pryce's achievements. But yeah, the big crowd doesn't care about that credibility.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the good news is that usain bolt showed up big time and got stuff done, keeping up his goaty gold medal run in Olympic games/world chchip events..i thought he'd be ok having seen bolt run (on telly) in London last month. bolt ran 9.87sec twice an hour apart into a 1.5mps headwind,

junkie gatlin is saying he wants more respect..LOL. too late for that mr drugs tart.

..and he is boycotting the bbc because they keep going on about drugs n stuff.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Gatlin has some neck. I think Steve Cram said it in commentary: "respect is hard to earn, easy to lose and can't be demanded."

Wasn't it hilarious the way Michael Johnson reacted to Usain Bolt calling him out? I know, Bolt was wrong - Johnson actually predicted he'd win the 200 (not sure about the 100) - but Johnson kept protesting his innocence and even lapsed into jive talkin', "yo Usain, I got yo' back, bro!" :laydownlaughing

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^yes, they sort of lost me abit when they they went into the old 'yo bro' routine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 46
britbox Other Sports 1