Top ATP Villains

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's almost like clockwork these interviews, where player Y cannot believe he lost to player Z. These interviews fairly scream;" He's less talented then me!"
Exactly. To which the obvious reply is, "yeah, but he still beat you, so..." :popcorn

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I read back over this thread, and Zverev not being on it, while a big oversight, was mostly because it was created before the abuse allegations, and his subsequent horrible behavior. I know we've mostly been tiptoeing around the domestic abuse allegations around here, which I don't mind, as there's not much to say, other than what we mostly have, which is, where is the ATP investigation on this? I'm fairly certain there is something in the rules about off-court behavior. (@tented is very good with the rules...maybe he can tell find it.) Anyway, now he's on "probation," so I guess he deserves the #1 slot.

I agree with #2 and #3, but I think, if you're going to let Paire and F3 off on good behavior, you should Nick, too, and he's played a lot more than those 2 have. Rafa doesn't get to be on just because his foot is giving you fits as a fan.

I'm sure Margaret is going to want a recount on Stephanos Tsitsipas, though. For me, if only for hitting his own father with his racquet.
Why would I want a recount on Tsitsipas for?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why would I want a recount on Tsitsipas for?
That was my way of joshing at AP that he didn't put Tsitsipas on the list, and I believe you have mentioned more than once that you don't like his on-court behavior. Did I have that wrong?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was my way of joshing at AP that he didn't put Tsitsipas on the list, and I believe you have mentioned more than once that you don't like his on-court behavior. Did I have that wrong?
You are correct....thanks

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You are correct....thanks
I think Tsitipas cheating azz Dad needs to be on the Villians list.. jajaja

Let me see..
1.Novak
2. Zverev
3. Medv,
4.Nick K,
5. Sharpo,..
6. F3 (because he wants to be a full-time jerk)
7. Basilashvili ( Russian woman beater)..

I can't think of anyone else at this point.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Tsitipas cheating azz Dad needs to be on the Villians list.. jajaja

Let me see..
1.Novak
2. Zverev
3. Medv,
4.Nick K,
5. Sharpo,..
6. F3 (because he wants to be a full-time jerk)
7. Basilashvili ( Russian woman beater)..

I can't think of anyone else at this point.
Tsitsipas's dad and Giorgi's, if we're going there.

If you're going to keep Fabio on, I think you have to keep Paire on, or put both in the provisional column.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Why are you so stubborn and hard on the stylish bearded Frenchie, dude hasn't acted a fool in the past 10 plus months. Ask KELI
Well, maybe. But I don't like his beard, and I don't care how French he is, that popped collar is affected. :lulz1:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, maybe. But I don't like his beard, and I don't care how French he is, that popped collar is affected. :lulz1:
But he seems just like he is a cool guy to have a drink with and to be a wing man. I have learned for a player to win championships their single focus has ONLY is Tennis. Otherwise, they're entertainers and glorified "players",IMO

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just came across this, which was from last summer after the Olympics, and I post it mostly because it's funny. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but no wonder Fiero has to work so hard trying to tear Nadal down, given his man's villain's resume. The guy gave him a 6.5 out of 10, but remember, this was written before the Oz debacle.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I just came across this, which was from last summer after the Olympics, and I post it mostly because it's funny. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but no wonder Fiero has to work so hard trying to tear Nadal down, given his man's villain's resume. The guy gave him a 6.5 out of 10, but remember, this was written before the Oz debacle.

“… he has an ongoing vendetta against bread.” — I love that this story has stuck to him like bread on a stomach.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

let's as the USO linewoman that Novak's ball gave her a tracheotomy

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
“… he has an ongoing vendetta against bread.” — I love that this story has stuck to him like bread on a stomach.
I also loved the part when he said Pressure is a Privlage is a Pressure, well that came undone big time at the Olympics,when he was trying to win the Golden Slam

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I also loved the part when he said Pressure is a Privlage is a Pressure, well that came undone big time at the Olympics,when he was trying to win the Golden Slam
He said "Pressure is a privilege" just a few days before blowing a gasket in the PCB match at the Olympics and then bailing on his mixed doubles partner in the Bronze medal match. I liked that the writer said that he became the walking embodiment of how little respect mixed doubles gets.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He said "Pressure is a privilege" just a few days before blowing a gasket in the PCB match at the Olympics and then bailing on his mixed doubles partner in the Bronze medal match. I liked that the writer said that he became the walking embodiment of how little respect mixed doubles gets.
Novak has to learn " engage brain before opening mouth' .....

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak has to learn " exchange brain before opening mouth' .....
Or perhaps "engage" brain before opening mouth.

But also, here's what I would say to the likes of Fiero, and those who engage in the old trope, that Nadal only loses when injured, as if they are excuses. Novak often loses, cites nothing, but then bails on the next match or tournament due to injury, which is the same as blaming his loss to injury. Except that he rarely suffers after-affects. He bailed on the mixed doubles consolation bronze medal match, citing shoulder. yet he made the final of the USO after only a few weeks of rest. When he lost early in Rio in 2016, in singles and doubles, he also bailed on mixed, then bailed out of Cincy immediately, citing some injury to blame his Olympic losses on, then again, made the final of the USO. Djokovic uses injury excuses all the time, if you ask me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Or perhaps "engage" brain before opening mouth.

But also, here's what I would say to the likes of Fiero, and those who engage in the old trope, that Nadal only loses when injured, as if they are excuses. Novak often loses, cites nothing, but then bails on the next match or tournament due to injury, which is the same as blaming his loss to injury. Except that he rarely suffers after-affects. He bailed on the mixed doubles consolation bronze medal match, citing shoulder. yet he made the final of the USO after only a few weeks of rest. When he lost early in Rio in 2016, in singles and doubles, he also bailed on mixed, then bailed out of Cincy immediately, citing some injury to blame his Olympic losses on, then again, made the final of the USO. Djokovic uses injury excuses all the time, if you ask me.
I just fixed up the spelling mistake lol!
It is funny how Fiero has 'selective memory' on things where Novak is concered lol!.....

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie