Your Top Three Favorite ATP Players

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who are your top three favorite players? We pretty much figure out everyone's favorite player by an avatar, name and posts. But if your favorite goes out early or isn't playing, who do you like to root for? Name your top three favorite players! For some that might change daily but go ahead and give it a shot!

For myself, it's
No. 1 Andy Murray (Liked him since he came up, cursed with always rooting for the underdog)
No. 2 Kei Nishikori (Living in Japan, the effect he has had on the tennis community over here has been amazing.)
No. 3 Jack Sock (Gotta show my American colors somewhere! I might replace Sock with another up and coming American one of these days but for now, I enjoy rooting for his singles/doubles success.)

Top%20Three%20Favorites_zpstzdvccee.jpg

Players that I like but didn't make the cut:
Berdych and Ferrer.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Ay! You like slappy? is he still dating Sloan Stephens?

Me:
1-Fed Fed
2-Rafa The Bull
3-Nole (out of respect)

Luxilion%20Borg%20Favs_zpsltyyctqd.jpg

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Not sure I have a fave anymore after the retirement of past champions, but I don't mind seeing certain players having success! Their style doesn't offend me like Nadal's, Murray's, & Berdych! Old faves were Borg, Edberg, & Sampras!

1) Djokovic - A noble #1 and future GOAT contender who will break all records except in major count
2) Federer - The undisputed GOAT for now; except when Nadal fans have a say about the H2H
3) Lopez - He's got it all but consistency; nice attacking game

(I don't mind Pop, Sock, Grigor, or Kygrios, but they overplay shots and can't finish at times)

Fiero%20Top%203%20Favs_zpssjxbsr1c.jpg

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1. Djokovic - He's been my favorite for years, even before his breakthrough 2011. Would be my favorite even if he hadn't had the success he's had. The more I learn about him the more I like him.

2. Gilles Simon - Liked the fact that he came from a non-athletic family, carved out his own place among the French players, fights til he has nothing left in the tank and always hits above his weight.

3. Joao Sousa - Nice kid. Followed him, as I like clay. He's made a lot of effort to maximize the talent that he does have. May never be top 20, but he's another fighter.

nemeth%20fav%203_zpszbv6il3l.jpg

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:

Me:
1-Fed Fed
2-Rafa The Bull
3-Nole (out of respect)

I am shocked. I thought you were a Nadal fan first, then someone else not named Federer.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
atttomole said:
Luxilon Borg said:

Me:
1-Fed Fed
2-Rafa The Bull
3-Nole (out of respect)

I am shocked. I thought you were a Nadal fan first, then someone else not named Federer.

Nothing shocking.:p

I took the question to be limited to currently active players

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
1. Djokovic - He's been my favorite for years, even before his breakthrough 2011. Would be my favorite even if he hadn't had the success he's had. The more I learn about him the more I like him.

2. Gilles Simon - Liked the fact that he came from a non-athletic family, carved out his own place among the French players, fights til he has nothing left in the tank and always hits above his weight.

3. Joao Sousa - Nice kid. Followed him, as I like clay. He's made a lot of effort to maximize the talent that he does have. May never be top 20, but he's another fighter.

What has frustrated me about Simon is the fact that he could have been so much better. If he had built up his body and developed a transition game....

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1. Rafa
2. Nadal
3. Young Ralph

I don't do sloppy seconds, and thirds are for turds... :snicker

keiran%20fav%203_zpsoyi1ftxi.jpg

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
1. Rafa
2. Nadal
3. Young Ralph

I don't do sloppy seconds, and thirds are for turds... :snicker

lol Oh well. Some people are tennis fans. Some people are insert name fans. :snicker

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Put a gun to my head, and I like Simon, and I admire Ferrer. But I have no favourites outside the goon who kills me...

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
1. Federer
2. Nadal
3. Wawrinka/Murray (I root for both of these guys quite frequently but I just can't chose one over the other :D )

Honorable mentions: Dimitrov
He is a joy to watch when he is playing well, but when he isn't... Oh my :nono
I liked him a lot more in the past, but what can you do, no?

puppet%20master%20fav%203_zps26oebdxt.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Put a gun to my head, and I like Simon, and I admire Ferrer. But I have no favourites outside the goon who kills me...

Give me a gun and I will shoot all Simon fans and injure all Ferrer fans. :cool:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
Put a gun to my head, and I like Simon, and I admire Ferrer. But I have no favorites outside the goon who kills me...

Give me a gun and I will shoot all Simon fans and injure all Ferrer fans. :cool:

What have their fans done to you? :snicker I like Simon; can't stand Ferrer though! :puzzled :nono :angel:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

I like players who leave it all out there. Gimme them boys ahead of fancy Dan players who have straw balls, any day of the week... :)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1. Mr. Federer...the most beautiful and graceful player I have ever seen. If you don't like watching Fed play, you don't like tennis.
2. Hmm...probably Grigor? Love his play, hard to admire his mentality.
3. The Underdog...If Roger is out I tend to root for the underdog, whoever that happens to be.

Honorable Mentions: Kei Nishikori, Jack Sock, Dolgo (just fun to watch, even if he's a disaster), Novak (so damn good, is never out of any match. ever).

Future Contenders (young players I'm watching in the hopes of finding my next favorite after Roger retires): Borna Coric, Hyeon Chung, Alex Zverev, Jared Donaldson, Andrey Rublev, Frances Tiafoe, the Ymer brothers (Elias and Mikael), etc.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1. Novak Djokovic: The player that got me back into tennis while watching the 2010 USO!
2. Juan Martin Del Potro: Can't wait for him to come back. Really fun tennis to watch.
3. Julien Benneteau: Great backhand and a generally enjoyable all-court game.

Honorable Mention: John Isner: He's the best American and a generally likeable guy...

Future guy that I pay the most attention to: Borna Coric.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
1. Novak Djokovic: The player that got me back into tennis while watching the 2010 USO!
2. Juan Martin Del Potro: Can't wait for him to come back. Really fun tennis to watch.

Honorable Mention: John Isner: He's the best American and a generally likeable guy...

DelPo!! :) He sure made hay with the little time he had on tour. I liked him too.

Do you think he will ever be "back"? :(

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Riotbeard said:

DelPo!! :) He sure made hay with the little time he had on tour. I liked him too.

According to his facebook, he is back in training and intends to comeback. I would say barring another injury, yes he will come back, but I think this will be his last shot at it.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Riotbeard said:

Great, great player and personality.

Has ANYONE spent this much time away the tour and returned to the top level??