The Movie Reel

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought the extended/unrated bluray of Expendables 3 would at least have cgi blood added but nope, it's like The A-Team with tons of bullets and explosions and not a drop of blood. Good enough action though but shame on them for wimping out.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's kinda weird. Why would they leave out the gore, when it's an action flick?

Been watching a few action flicks myself, the last one being (I'll give you a clue):

331lgnd.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Bigger audience by wimping out and making it a kiddie flick. Can only hope Stallone directs Rambo 5 himself and doesn't wimp out on that 'cos the last Rambo was class :D Total carnage!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rocky was a trainer, right?

Stallone is very active, writing, directing, he's a good actor too. He's hauled himself out of ridicule to last so long...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Why do you guys dislike Affleck so much? I agree he'll be a terrible Batman, but I like several of his other films. Argo was terrific.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, I liked Argo and also thought The Town was great.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Why do you guys dislike Affleck so much? I agree he'll be a terrible Batman, but I like several of his other films. Argo was terrific.
Gili, Reindeer Games, Daredevil, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, please watch them and tell me how you feel about Ben as an actor.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Anyone seen Gone Girl? I hadn't read the book so I had no idea what was going to happen. I think it was great. Pike was especially good in a, shall we say, really really challenging role. I won't say anymore as describing it could give certain things away.

Hey, what is up with the movies this fall. I havent seen anything that appealed to me but Fury.. now the wife is setting me up for my absolute worst nightmare, A movie with Ben Affleck acting in it.. She is reading the book Gone Girl and I know its coming." Honey, lets go check out the movie".. I would rather stay home and eat a box of Exlax:cover and argue with Dr. Front about his latest take on PED and etc.:cover:devil

Nah, watch that movie, it is a great one...
BS, Darth and all I will acknowledge that Ben have had a few hits , the Town was good and I heard Argo was pretty well done..It's Ben's acting that bothers me. I will go see Gone Girl cause the Lady calls the shots around here.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Affleck is definitely a great director, just don't care for his acting that much but he does a good job in Gone Girl. He plays a convincing idiot...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
tented said:
Gili, Reindeer Games, Daredevil, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, please watch them and tell me how you feel about Ben as an actor.

He has picked some bad ones, no question, but when given a good role, I think he can do well, such as Argo, The Town, State of Play, and Hollywoodland.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Brando picked some duds in his day, too...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Brando picked some duds in his day, too...

Brando and Affleck are mutually exclusive,NO

One thing i will say in your defence, however, is that I personally wouldn't read too many books or watch too many fillums recommended by my missus. What wimmin like is different. Now, my wife has exceptional taste, but still, a man has his limits... :popcorn

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The first official trailer of the new Star Wars movie is out. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OMOVFvcNfvE[/video]

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I read three reviews of the final Hobbit movie this morning. One said it's filled with "padding" and "begs not to exist."

Another said it "is likely to satisfy even the most die hard fans of one of the most popular franchises in movie history." So that's good, right?

And a third one said it does exactly what's expected of it. 3 stars out of 5.

So, that helps clear that up then. Send three wise men to the cinema and they'll tell you it's brilliant, it's nod bad and its crap. Help us out here, fellas! :laydownlaughing :lolz:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Never saw Interstellar, but did finally see The Book Thief over the weekend. Nice film, and very poignant.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotta say even if they go down the kiddie friendly PG13 route, the new Terminator Genisys trailer looks pretty cool.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]