The Movie Reel

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I used to love the Highlander tv series, but this film I'm watching, Highlander: Endgame is bloody awful! :laydownlaughing

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw American Sniper over the weekend with the wifie. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. It is a very well made film that brutally shows that snipers (contrary to the Michael Moore folks of the world) were right in the mix in Iraq and how terrible it was to do what they were ordered to do. I would recommend the film to y'all here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My favorite films I have seen so far in 2015 are,

Birdman,Michael Keaton's performance is Brillant

Mr Turner,I am a big fan of Mike Leigh as a director and he dosen't disappoint in this film,bringing out the personal side of Turner,the cinematography in this film is just breathtaking.Timothy Spall gives a Master Class Performance,I hope he receives the best actor award.Actually all the actors are just brillant.
This is by far the best film I have seen so far this year,it will take some beating a 10/10.

I saw American Sniper,my husband liked it,it is a true story,I like the way Clint Eastwood,age 84,conveyed the story,sorry I just found it too brutal to watch and left half way through and went to have a coffee.

I also loved Into The Woods,a great cast,Meryl Streep gives a class performance as a wickard witch,I mean any movie that Meryl is in,that just pulls me in full stop.The whole cast give wonderful performances.I could go and watch it again.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
what was special about Birdman. I thought it was trying too hard and basically was lacking a plot

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saw Julianne Moore in Still Alice this weekend past. Good film and well acted, but you knew where the film was going all along. Her performance was top notch, as always.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Has anybody watched Tusk? Kevin Smith's take on the Hammer Horror film. I really enjoyed it. Weird but strangely affecting.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Does anyone remember the 1988 movie Willow? It starred Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis. It was kind of a medival Star Wars, written and produced by George Lucas and directed by Ron Howard. I have always loved this movie and I showed it to the Japanese students where I teach yesterday. They really seemed to enjoy it. A simple, predictable storyline but still a great movie.

Willow_movie.jpg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Hopefully Harrison Ford is OK.

Amen brotha, Harrison Ford proves again that he is still the Ultimate Hero on and off the screen

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is it too soon to post this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXCWdhJnGY

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I used to love the Highlander tv series, but this film I'm watching, Highlander: Endgame is bloody awful! :laydownlaughing

I actually liked that one :p Refuse to watch the last one though 'cos it's meant to be a true turd of the highest order.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Am I the best husband? Do I get the husband of the year award? Am I allowed to leave the toilet seat up for 5 years and not hear about it at all? Why, you ask?

I took my wife to the theater to watch the 50 Shades movie...:cover:cover:cover

Surrounded by cougars left , right, front and back, I did not make a sound, closed my eyes, let the minutes pass by...

Is this love or what?;)

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I wanted to share my thoughts on Whiplash.

First and foremost, J.K Simmons is flat out brilliant. Just superb.

I knew before going to the movie that I had to not watch it as a drummer, but just a regular movie goer and I was totally right. The technique of the main guy is just beyond horrible and he does everything that you tell drummers NOT to do. I also could tell there was a whole lot of overdubs and some different folks playing in close up of hands situations. I read the credits carefully and saw some names that confirmed this.

This could be a movie about sports, music, anything. As a movie, I enjoyed it very much. Again, J.K Simmons WAS the movie. The question of how much you can push for perfection and why mediocrity is not acceptable...I liked those questions.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't wait for this. Looks awesome :D A breath of fresh air compared to all the rehashed Hollywood poop.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M[/video]

Also a funny video from the upcoming movie with non other than The Hoff :D This film is gonna be totally retro 80's action!

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MAD MAX Fury Road is definitely four stars, the acting by Hardy and Theron is fantastic especially Charlize, she takes all the combined performance of Sijourney Weaver's Aliens movies to a new heights for a female action. This is a testosterone adrenaline junkies such as my self ultimate fantasy because the stunts and actions scene are exhausting but extremely exhilarating and entertaining. They don't make movies like this anymore, thank you George Miller.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Anybody go see either if the big popcorn films this year, Jurassic World, or San Andreas?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I just wasted a couple hours watching Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Was this written by 15 year olds? Really, really, bad... :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny, but as he's getting older, he's becoming a much better actor, although the films he's in aren't so great now. Watching Arnie in Sabotage, got poor reviews on IMDB, but it's great so far. He did good work in the Last Stand tooo

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Jurassic World was pretty sub-par.

I thought it was fairly entertaining for what it was. Especially in 3D :) But quite apart from the unrealism of reconstructed dinosaurs, the fact that they were loyal was so Hollywood, I admit a part of me wanted to hurl at the end :snicker