The happy place.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Mary-Ann Evans better known as George Eliot said, "It's never too late to do what you could have done".
Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission".

Horsa

Reactions
One of my all-time favorite songs.
It's 1 of mine too & I have good memories attached to it. It was the fun team's theme tune when I went to Alcudia. I really enjoyed my holiday. The fun team were brilliant. I had a go at most of the activities (all except 1 which I had to bow out of because my eyes were stinging & I couldn't keep them open) & I joined in singing along with all their songs at evening entertainment & they taught me a few dances. I didn't want to join in water-polo as I didn't know the rules but they knew I could swim as they saw me swimming & I had my swimming costume on so I got told I had to play & I'd seen someone else who they knew could swim who was wearing a swimming costume thrown in the pool by a fun team member so I agreed to be a goalie. (I didn't need to wear spectacles all the time then). At the end of the week I got summoned to their area & got a "best guest" certificate & medal.

Horsa

Reactions
This is my favourite meditation.

Horsa

Reactions
Some people think that self-care is selfish & self-indulgent & that being self-critical keeps self-discipline going & makes people better. What this does though is destroys people's self-esteem & confidence in the long run which makes them more selfish as they've got to take care of themselves & think about themselves to get them right for caring for other people & thinking about others. (According to 1 theory though self-esteem boosting isn't necessary if we can learn to silence the inner critic & according to another self-esteem isn't necessary if we live life mainly in the present only remembering the past when we're learning from our mistakes or answering questions we've been asked questions about it & only thinking about the future when making necessary plans. Talking about the inner critic leads to another theory which is transactional analysis which doesn't see the ego as 1 like Freud did but it sees the ego as having 3 states which we switch between *well 5 when you divide the parent & child ego states up*. These ego states are parent *which is divided into the critical parent which you're in when you're either criticising yourself or someone else & nurturing parent which you're in when you're caring for yourself or someone else*, adult which you're in when you're looking at all the information available to you & making decisions based on logic rather than feeling & child which is divided between free child & adapted child, in your free child ego state you set yourself free & you're very spontaneous & creative & in your adapted child ego you're listening to other people & learning things.) I'm not saying that everyone has to think they're great all the time but it's important that people have a realistic view of themselves & that they care for themselves so they can care for others. If we're not happy in ourselves other people can sense that & sometimes we're accidentally nasty to others while we think we're just being nasty to ourselves.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
"If a thought hurts, question it."

Byron Katie.

Horsa

Reactions
As I know, we've got some scientifically minded people on here who probably think that all this meditation is Buddhist clap-trap (it isn't. I'm an atheist & find meditation very relaxing & helpful). I decided to share this information on the benefits of meditation. I've really noticed & experienced some of the benefits greatly myself. I can really tell the difference. I hope you find it interesting. https://liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/