The happy place.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Our heads are like book-shelves. Every now & then some books get out-dated or they're no longer enjoyable, interesting or useful to you so you need to have a clear-out to make room for some more that are in the same way that some of the information we've stored in our heads gets out-dated or is no longer enjoyable, interesting or useful to you so you need to clear it out to make room for new, up-to-date, enjoyable, interesting or useful information. People often think that writing cements information into our heads but it can also help us forget stuff we no longer want to remember as if we write it down we think we no longer have to remember it & then we can throw the rubbish away or shred it. It feels so good.

Horsa

Reactions
Book recommendation

Loving what is. I don't believe in all the religious bits in this book & find some of the turnarounds ridiculous but it helped a lot. It's upsetting in places where people had told their story & they'd been through a lot. I thought I'd been through a lot but this book made me think myself lucky. I guess I could say the same about "A mind at home with itself". The author has also been through a lot more than me. Even when I was anxious & depressed I never had memory problems. I think that it's very good that she found a way that made her feel better & that she's helped a lot of people & is still helping a lot of people through her website resources & of course what she writes in her books.

Please ensure you've got lots of pens & paper when you're reading this book. I went through 20 black pens & wrote 100 pages.

Last edited:

Horsa

Reactions
I went on a 4 hour mindfulness course on Monday which consisted of meditation, breathing exercises & hush journals & I had fun.

In case anyone else wants to have a go I'm sharing instructions of how to make hush journals below.

What you need:

2 pieces of plain, white paper
1 piece of card
Spare card
1 piece of embroidery thread
a needle
a pair of scissors
paint & paintbrush/coloured pens/coloured pencils
pen
glue

What you do

1. Put your pieces of paper landscape way up & fold in 1/2 from top to bottom. Fold it into quarters from both ends to the middle.
2. Cut the middle fold up to the 1/2 way mark then fold to make pages with pockets.
3. Cut the card to fit round these pieces of paper.
4. Put holes in the card & the top lot of pages.
5. Sew the top lot of pages from the outside & tie in the middle.
6. Stick the bottom lot of pages to the bottom inside card.
7. Cut shapes out of the spare card.
8. Write negative thoughts on the spare card shapes.
9. Glue these shapes in the book writing side down & paint or colour designs on these shapes.
10. Write positive things around these shapes.

Horsa

Reactions
Yesterday, I got told reading my poetry makes people happy & they read my poetry to their brothers & sisters & advise others to do the same so I guess I should write some more poetry here to cheer people up.