The Frontier Chat Bar

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Wasn’t sure where else to post this, so I’ll put it here.

The video is long (about 53 minutes) but fascinating and well-worth watching. It certainly didn’t feel like 53 minutes as I watched it.

It tells the true story of psychiatrists in the 1950s-1960s who convinced an adoption agency to split up identical twins in order to place them in different households. The idea was to do a nature/nurture study. That’s a brief description, but it’s more complicated than that.

• Wow
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wasn’t sure where else to post this, so I’ll put it here.

The video is long (about 53 minutes) but fascinating and well-worth watching. It certainly didn’t feel like 53 minutes as I watched it.

It tells the true story of psychiatrists in the 1950s-1960s who convinced an adoption agency to split up identical twins in order to place them in different households. The idea was to do a nature/nurture study. That’s a brief description, but it’s more complicated than that.

I saw this a few years ago. It IS complicated and fascinating.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I saw this a few years ago. It IS complicated and fascinating.
You may be confusing this with the separate documentary about the triplets, “Three Identical Strangers” — this documentary includes them, but focuses on everything which happened then from a broader view.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You may be confusing this with the separate documentary about the triplets, “Three Identical Strangers” — this documentary includes them, but focuses on everything which happened then from a broader view.
I definitely am. I'll look at the video you posted, then. Because the documentary was very interesting, and, frankly, a bit disturbing.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This may go here as well as anywhere. It's just a :30 ad for Chewy, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. Possibly because we pet people like to think that, when we talk to our pets, it actually is a 2-way conversation. :lulz1:

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Someone put this on my FB page, and I found it to be the most whimsical and heartbreaking post of the day:

Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 8.17.45 PM.png