Sharapova fails drug test

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Maria is still not saying what she's taking to replace Meldonium as a medicine for her poor fragile heart. She said "That information is between myself, the Women’s Tennis Association and the orthopaedic doctor I’m working with now," and obviously the lot of us are wondering WTF an orthopaedic doc has to do with it, and we're also remembering that when she was using meldonium, "that information" was strictly between her and her manager, and nobody else...

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Bouchard publicly called her a cheater and sent her to Rome early. Good job, EB!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Delighted the horrible pos lost. Well done Bouchard.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Maria is still not saying what she's taking to replace Meldonium as a medicine for her poor fragile heart. She said "That information is between myself, the Women’s Tennis Association and the orthopaedic doctor I’m working with now," and obviously the lot of us are wondering WTF an orthopaedic doc has to do with it, and we're also remembering that when she was using meldonium, "that information" was strictly between her and her manager, and nobody else...

Whatever she is taking is approved by WTA and/or ITF and must be classified under TUE.
Of course, it does not mean it is not a PED, but a PED approved by WTA/ITF and concealed
by them, as they think it is a good idea for fans to not know about it.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Shameful and nothing would surprise me these days :nono

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Pova gets WC from Rosmalen and Birmingham; expected to not take Rosmalen, but play in Birmingham.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

Whatever she is taking is approved by WTA and/or ITF and must be classified under TUE.
Of course, it does not mean it is not a PED, but a PED approved by WTA/ITF and concealed

No, it's more likely that she's not taking anything, because there is no heart condition. She knows she took Meldonium as a legal performance enhancer, and now it's gone, she's not gonna admit it was all a Trojan horse drug. This is why she kept schtum about what she's taking instead of it now...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:

No, it's more likely that she's not taking anything, because there is no heart condition. She knows she took Meldonium as a legal performance enhancer, and now it's gone, she's not gonna admit it was all a Trojan horse drug. This is why she kept schtum about what she's taking instead of it now...

She is not good at lying/covering up either. She says it is between herself, WTA/ITF and her orthopedic doctor. So, since when does an orthopedic doctor treat heart conditions? or for that matter magnesium deficiency? or for that matter family history of diabetes :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kieran said:
GameSetAndMath said:

She is not good at lying/covering up either. She says it is between herself, WTA/ITF and her orthopedic doctor. So, since when does an orthopedic doctor treat heart conditions? or for that matter magnesium deficiency? or for that matter family history of diabetes :)

I think that when she says "orthopedic quack" she means her lawyer... :snicker

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
AP, Are you talking about a WC into the main draw or into the quali's. I was under the impression they had already granted her one into the quali's. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the French dont want her butt near their tournament...she lokks shook

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If the French tennis president did previously say that he may he has decided not too.. Also her ranking is outside the top 200 so she cannot even participate in the qualifying rounds.. that's a major loss for this tournament but I respect the French decision.. Its on the ESPN WEBSITE

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If the French tennis president did previously say that he may he has decided not too.. Also her ranking is outside the top 200 so she cannot even participate in the qualifying rounds.. that's a major loss for this tournament but I respect the French decision.. Its on the ESPN WEBSITE
I see the article now and I've posted the link here

Reactions: the AntiPusher

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a courageous decision by FFT. I thought they will give her WC into quals. But, they did not even do that. :clap:

I thought they'd put her in the qualifiers too. I was reading an article yesterday about the low attendances at the RG qualifiers and that it made business sense to put her in.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought they'd put her in the qualifiers too. I was reading an article yesterday about the low attendances at the RG qualifiers and that it made business sense to put her in.
It makes "business sense" to put her in the tournament, period. But I also have to applaud those that don't make an exception for her, even as a former champ, and even as big box office. Without Serena, they would have been looking at more cash in the coffers with Maria in. I know there's been a lot of debate about this...she's served her time, etc. But WCs should be for previously injured players and the local and otherwise promising players. If you've served a doping ban, you're lucky to still be playing and shouldn't get a leg-up, imo. She's a great player and will work her way back up, if she wants it enough.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now that FFT has denied Maria, it would make it hard for Wimbledon to give her a WC. So, they would not give either. Especially as Maria has qualified for entry into quals, they don't lose revenue either and so it would make their decision easier. By the time USO rolls around, Maria would be ranked high enough for a direct entry into MD.

The smaller tourneys would not follow suit with FFT and they will continue giving WCs to Maria.