Sharapova fails drug test

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Shame on WTA for giving publicity to Maria's statement on their page despite knowing her spin is totally wrong. Instead, they should have given publicity to the actual report. :nono

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Good point, GSM. I wondered about that, but didn't think she would publicly lie about it.

I am disappointed with her agent, Max. He should have talked her into doing charity work while awaiting the verdict instead of focusing on the candy biz. It wouldn't have affected the ban length, but would have put her in a better light with respect to public opinion. Based on what I've read, she has done so little, basically nothing, to help others. That is what I find repulsive. I am now curious what Nike and the rest will do. She deserves to be picked up by Adidas and be forced to wear zebra outfits.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also, I don't know how she is going to have the audacity to appeal as they found there was a three year period where she did not report use of the drug to anyone.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Amazing how many naive fools are still claiming she's innocent. What the hell drugs are THEY taking to be so damn gullible :nono

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Do not believe in Meldopova's spin that the tribunal found that she did not intentionally cheat. Read for yourself the actual findings of the tribunal. Here is the 33 page long full report of the tribunal for your reading pleasure.

A shorter 1 page long official announcement is also found on the ITF website.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I am surprised by the Jan 26 and March 12 discrepancy. This must be the one point which the tribunal conceded because the members couldn't tolerate her tears and wailing.

In practical terms, what does the Jan 26 date give her other than small tourneys?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
10isfan said:
I am surprised by the Jan 26 and March 12 discrepancy. This must be the one point which the tribunal conceded because the members couldn't tolerate her tears and wailing.

In practical terms, what does the Jan 26 date give her other than small tourneys?

It is not a big deal. However, normally the retroactive ban begins from the date the suspension started.
It basically allows her to play in IW, a premier event.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Today decision is gonna be like a 2nd Christmas for Tossip! She always told us why she had a very low opinion of Pova and her antics

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip was right. This was kept as a secret from ever her own team. See the following excerpt from the report of the tribunal.

"On the evidence of her manager this use of Mildronate by Ms Sharapova was not known to any of Ms Sharapova’s team, except for her father and, from 2013, Mr. Eisenbud himself. It was not known to her coach, her trainer, her physio who was responsible for recommending recovery drinks during and post match, her nutritionist who was responsible for her food and supplement intake, nor any of the doctors she consulted through the WTA. "

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Today decision is gonna be like a 2nd Christmas for Tossip! She always told us why she had a very low opinion of Pova and her antics
:snicker....I have always had a low opinion of pova just from my observations,I am very intuitive and people who are not good cannot fool me.
She got greedy and flaunting her money in other players faces was the worst thing she did...remember I said I saw her at Wimbledon when she took a potty break just before playing Serena...she popped something into her mouth...all those potty breaks after second set were all to dope...
All that goes up must come down and her fall is deafening....
bye dopapova!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
I don't think they are going to reduce it. I think it is fair, and I think it is meant to send a message to all players, that it won't be tolerated no matter who you are.
Message sent loud and clear. :clap

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Tossip was right. This was kept as a secret from ever her own team. See the following excerpt from the report of the tribunal.

"On the evidence of her manager this use of Mildronate by Ms Sharapova was not known to any of Ms Sharapova’s team, except for her father and, from 2013, Mr. Eisenbud himself. It was not known to her coach, her trainer, her physio who was responsible for recommending recovery drinks during and post match, her nutritionist who was responsible for her food and supplement intake, nor any of the doctors she consulted through the WTA. "
So Max knew about it and he was still getting her all kind of sponsorships (Porsche, TagHuer, etc). :eyepop

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

So Max knew about it and he was still getting her all kind of sponsorships (Porsche, TagHuer, etc). :eyepop
wow so all his charges will be under scrutiny...Madison Keys wanted pova money #greed...Jack Sock wanted pova money #greed..Keys Robson AND Ajla called themselves Eisenbuddies...#eggontheirfaces
Pam Shriver is still busy defending pova...#pathetic

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In 2015, when Meldonium was not banned but was on monitoring list, Dominatrix tested positive for it five times including at Wimbledon and at WTA finals.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
WOW!!! That is all I am capable of at this moment! I never believed that she would have gotten more than a 1 year ban. I need to read more information on the findings before I comment any further. Wow!!!!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Shamil announces that Makarova will replace Meldopova in the Russian Team for Olympics.

All these manipulations of announcing Olympic Team well before it is needed and wearing "Back in Five Minute" T-shirts only backfired.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
remember she was the queen of three setters...now we know why.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
In 2015, when Meldonium was not banned but was on monitoring list, Dominatrix tested positive for it five times including at Wimbledon and at WTA finals.
wow really!maybe thats why she had lots of excuses not to play the Open and the USA Open series...she knew the drug was illegal in USA..she was getting nervous.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Max should have been more vigilant. He and her dad were the only ones who knew, and they let her down. I can imagine the tension between Pova and her dad over this. I wonder what Pova will do with Max. I am also curious what the CEO of Head will do. He refused to drop her, which was perplexing.

The WTA would be wise to quickly move on from this. Focus on Serena who is adding to her legacy and Mugu who is now a slam winner and has marketing potential.

Why the three years when she didn't report on the drug testing sheet? Was she reporting before and after those years?

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
What is the opinion on this board?

Should she be inducted into HOF?

Will she be inducted into HOF? Slightly different from question above.