Sharapova fails drug test

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
It would be very funny if the announcement is not about her career but something commercial / sponsor... It would have been the best marketing plan ever ! Twitter has just been going crazy about it these last days !

I have never been a fan, but I feel sad when players have to retire because of injuries. Hope for her, she is just taking a break until the end of the season to come back 100 %.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It would be very funny if the announcement is not about her career but something commercial / sponsor... It would have been the best marketing plan ever ! Twitter has just been going crazy about it these last days !

I have never been a fan, but I feel sad when players have to retire because of injuries. Hope for her, she is just taking a break until the end of the season to come back 100 %.

Lol @Bert - I was thinking the same yesterday... somebody on Twitter said the announcement might be to launch a stock market IPO for Sugapova.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol @Bert - I was thinking the same yesterday... somebody on Twitter said the announcement might be to launch a stock market IPO for Sugapova.

I did hear rumors Sharapova was going to introduce a 'chocolate line' if that is true and she is going to make some announcement,she is a very smart business woman.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: WTA News and Gossip 2016

she is probably launching her diabetes inducing chocolates

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

wow a dope fiend...all the media hate of the sisters and it all comes to this

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

tossip said:
wow a dope fiend...all the media hate of the sisters and it all comes to this

Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Her legacy will be tarnished 4 good

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

She failed a drug test. Details please

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Fair play to her. She stands front and centre and cops to it. I'm not a fan, but huge respect. Sort of understandable mistake though

Reactions: Denis and britbox

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Fefe26 said:

I just saw repeat of news-conference! I guess she has been taking some kind of legal medication for the last 10 years, but made illegal on the tour this year! She failed a drug test at AO and takes full responsibility for her actions; hopes not to end her career like this and wants to come back from potential suspension! :nono :cover :ras:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Credit to Sharapova for calling a press conference in regards to her taking a banned substance,.I think most of the tennis community never saw that coming at all.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Does anyone know what health issue requires this drug?

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Fefe26 said:

I just saw repeat of news-conference! I guess she has been taking some kind of legal medication for the last 10 years, but made illegal on the tour this year! She failed a drug test at AO and takes full responsibility for her actions; hopes not to end her career like this and wants to come back from potential suspension! :nono :cover :ras:

Well don't be too naive - read about MELODONIUM and where it's originated from Latvia. You can see what's happened to the Russian athletes - they are banned from the Olympic Games because of systematic drug use and many times different drugs combined. Melodonium in 2005 a report demonstrated that the combined treatment of meldonium and lisinopril may improve the quality of life and exercise capacity. People around Sharapova has known this and acted from this IMHO:nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Fiero425 said:
Fefe26 said:

That seems to be it. Of course it'll be scanned in more shady tones, "another Russian athlete dope fiend with a needle in her arm", but there's another aspect to this. She said she took the drug since 2006 - and it was legal. So why not take it, right? Rules are rules.

But how did she not become aware that it had been made illegal? this is the mysterious part. "A stupid mistake?" Definitely true, but hard to imagine how a big tennis corporation like Masha could overlook something as fundamental as this...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

hoergren said:
Fiero425 said:
Fefe26 said:

Well don't be too naive - read about MELODONIUM and where it's originated from Latvia. You can see what's happened to the Russian athletes - they are banned from the Olympic Games because of systematic drug use and many times different drugs combined. Melodonium in 2005 a report demonstrated that the combined treatment of meldonium and lisinopril may improve the quality of life and exercise capacity. People around Sharapova has known this and acted from this IMHO:nono

But this is different to the Russian athletes who failed drug tests. Melodonium was legal when she began to take it. So her taking it up unilt it was banned isn't suspect. It was within the rules.

The strange part is how she didn't know it had become illegal...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

That $h1t is dope, man :p