Rory calls off wedding to Caro

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
And he actually had the nerve to say that this was a joined descision whereas he just called her and gave her the boot, and she even thought at first that he was just making a joke. There is no right way to put an and to a relationship I guess, but his way definitely was the worst one possible. Rory may be a genius at putting small balls into holes in the ground, but as a human being he has turned out to be one huge disappointment as far as I am concerned. Poor Caroline :hug

tented

Administrator
Reactions
jhar26 said:
And he actually had the nerve to say that this was a joined descision whereas he just called her and gave her the boot, and she even thought at first that he was just making a joke. There is no right way to put an and to a relationship I guess, but his way definitely was the worst one possible. Rory may be a genius at putting small balls into holes in the ground, but as a human being he has turned out to be one huge disappointment as far as I am concerned. Poor Caroline :hug

It never crossed my mind that this was done over the phone. What a jerk! And what a classless, uncaring way of handling a very important matter.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
jhar26 said:

Definitely a spineless move. While this will hurt for awhile, she is much better off. If he can't grow a pair and tell her in person that he's changed his mind, good riddance. She needs a man in her life, not a boy. No woman wants to lead a relationship because their man is too weak and feeble to do it. :nono

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Re: RE: Rory calls off wedding to Caro

jhar26 said:

The importance phrase in your reply is 'small balls'. It really captures the essence of the matter.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
jhar26 said:

Coward's trick. The "Small balls" part of your post is a good summary of his cojones.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
RJD11 said:
th

In case you haven't heard, Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement with tennis star Caroline Wozniacki last week.

And now, we are starting to hear reports alleging how it happened.

According to some media outlets, McIlroy did it over the phone ... in a three-minute conversation.

The Times of London indicates Wozniacki at first thought it was a joke.

Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way. Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke.

Well, that would have been awkward. There's no easy way to break off an impending marriage, especially after you have sent out the inviations. But if someone does it over the phone? Yikes.

Christopher Clarey, a columnist and correspondent with The New York Times, tweeted that he'd learned similar information:

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/rory-mcilroy-broke-up-with-caroline-wozniacki-over-the-phone-052814

The New York Times and The Times of London both reported that Rory McIlroy told Caroline Wozniacki in a phone conversation that he was breaking off their engagement. From Neil Harman of the London newspaper:

Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way. Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke.

…

She still has no rationale for what happened a week earlier when, having flown from their apartment in Monaco to prepare to play the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, McIlroy made the call that left Wozniacki weak at the knees, for all the wrong reasons. He had called the whole thing off, six months before the wedding. She then stared blankly at the phone, her life having changed in little more than an instant.

http://nesn.com/2014/05/report-caroline-wozniacki-thought-rory-mcilroy-breakup-call-was-joke/

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rory's golf came has improved exponentially since breaking things off. He's won two straight - one a major - and in the lead to win another today.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Rory's golf came has improved exponentially since breaking things off. He's won two straight - one a major - and in the lead to win another today.

And Caroline is doing much better with her tennis since they split. So it looks like the breakup benefitted both parties.:cool:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
no she isn't..she won a small title in turkey and has just been wasted in 3 to Williams.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rory just won the PGA championship as twilight descended on the golf course... it's his third straight tournament win - two of which (this and the British Open) being majors.

He's one of four golfers in the last 100 years to have won at least four majors by the age of 25.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/pga-championship/rory-mcilroy-wins-us-pga-championship-at-valhalla-30498103.html

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
nehmeth said:

And Caroline is doing much better with her tennis since they split. So it looks like the breakup benefitted both parties.:cool:

I don't know what "relationship" does to performance in sports. But, I do know that
sex before the event, increases performance in sports. This was scientifically proven
in a "Sports Science" episode in ESPN. I think if you google around, you should be
able to locate that episode. BTW, not all parts of the experiment was shown in the
episode. :blush:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ How soon before 'cos actually right before the event they're in the locker room with the other players :( :D

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a general show. The sport involved in that show was not tennis. But, they claim
generality of their finding in a loose sense.

I believe it was boxing. It is about 15 to 30 minutes after ..........

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW, it is not just a red blooded male thing. The study showed that for women also,
sex before the event improves performance in sports.

K

Kenneth

GameSetAndMath said:
BTW, it is not just a red blooded male thing. The study showed that for women also,
sex before the event improves performance in sports.

have you checked the theory?