Rolex Shanghai Masters, China - ATP Masters 1000, 2023

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_4519.jpeg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
^A commentator on the Tennis Channel said that if Rublev had lost, it would have been the first time ever a Top 10 player didn’t make it to a Masters QF. It’s been that bad, though — only one made it.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
^A commentator on the Tennis Channel said that if Rublev had lost, it would have been the first time ever a Top 10 player didn’t make it to a Masters QF. It’s been that bad, though — only one made it.

It's like I've been saying, how can this latest crop of NG'r threaten any of the recs of the Big 3 when they can't stay on court w/ upsets & injuries? :facepalm:

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why would I? Dubai's lit'l more than a glorified exhibition! Get over yourself! Sorry U're feeling butt-hurt over Novak's achievements! I'm luvin' it! :)
So now a 500 is reduced to an exhibition when someone other than your boy wins. I got it now. Rob is right, why am I wasting my time... :slap::banghead:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The match of the round in Shanghai has to be between my rising youngster and telephone expert Ben Shelton against Seb Korda
Ben has improved in leaps and bounds this year, when I first became his fan at the AO, his patience in rally's for one, and his bhand has improved and is solid now, I still feel there are things in his game he needs to address, his return game, if he can improve it 10% to 15% next year, watch out. Korda coming back from his wrist injury has been up and down in form, though he has played well in Shanghai, both men deserve to be in a QF of a Masters tournament

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
So now a 500 is reduced to an exhibition when someone other than your boy wins. I got it now. Rob is right, why am I wasting my time... :slap::banghead:

It doesn't register in my head as long as I didn't see it! I haven't even looked @ the opening cerems. of that tourney in yrs. for obvious reasons! :-)2

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
That's how Rublev stole Monte Carlo earlier this season! The same losses were traditional in Bercy! Players are worn down, others desperate to make YEC! The pressure has to be excruciating! The most shocking is how many Paris Opens Djokovic has; 6 champs. is insane for a top player! He owns all the records! That just never happened back in the day! Sampras was the most likely to go down early & often taking only 2! Nadal's never won the event w/ all those RG trophies!:face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :angry-face:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ugo Humbert. Two years ago at this time he was ranked 25 in the world. He is making his way back up the ladder after battling injury. He absolutely dismantled J.J. Black in their match. His lefty forehand is wonderful. Backhand is solid, as is the serve. I think he as a good chance at winning over Rublev.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well now, this will be something. Big Ben has come back from 1-6 in the third set tiebreak. It’s 6-all now. If he wins this, it’ll be exceptional!

Ouch! Spoke too soon. But the kid has grit!

Reactions: Fiero425

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fantastic first set b/w Shelton and Korda. Nice to see Sebastian is back to the player that was battling against Novak in Adelaide. What a year coming back from injury and then the time it took to rebuild the confidence. Well done.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fantastic first set b/w Shelton and Korda. Nice to see Sebastian is back to the player that was battling against Novak in Adelaide. What a year coming back from injury and then the time it took to rebuild the confidence. Well done.
Well done to both Ben and Seb, played in great spirit, terrific connection at the end of the net.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like he is. It's hard to get back to your best after the injury...it did took him a while. He did well to beat Mr. Wire.
Agree, wrist injuries are tricky and sometimes you never get back the power you once had, I have always been a fan of Seb and his game, it was a good fun match played in a great spirit.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
In my opinion, until the ATP and WTA fix the fall schedule, any tournament that takes place in between the US Open and ATP/WTA Finals should be considered an exhibition. I feel like watching high school tennis at this time of year is more exciting.