Rolex Shanghai Masters, China - ATP Masters 1000, 2023

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
You’re kidding right? Or you just haven’t been watching the matches. This is when some of the new talent begin to assert themselves and some of the older players show a little of the old shine in their game. Watching Humbert go through 3 seeded players to reach the semis? Seeing the ‘old’ guy Dimitrov upset the #1 (tournament) seed? Getting to watch the future of American tennis battle for a semifinal berth? I played high school tennis (Suburban One) in Montgomery County. What we are seeing now is way more exciting. :lol6:
To be honest, I haven't been watching much tennis, especially the WTA, after Coco won the US Open. I've caught a few Ben Shelton matches, but the fall schedule (as currently constructed) doesn't really do it for me. With the exception of 2020 (when Rome was held in September and the FO in October) and 2021 (when IW was held in October), I can't say that I've been excited about fall tennis since the likes of Graf, Seles, Capriati, etc. were playing in the Virginia Slims tournaments in the early 1990s.

I'm familar with Montgomery County. There are a lot of good high school girls tennis programs there. My 2 younger sisters went to Merion Mercy Academy, which is in the Catholic Academies. They didn't play tennis, but I know they have a very good program since at least 2007. I follow (and when I have the time, watch) the girls tennis in the Catholic Academies, and I'm just impressed at the high level of tennis every fall. I can definitely say it's better than the current WTA schedule.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching on replay Hair Dude v Dimitrov, impressed by the fact HD was more willing to come to the net, should apply that more often, he won 76(7) 63, saved a set point in the 1st set and came back from a early break down in the 2nd set.
4th career M1000 final (1-2)
Back on top 5
One win away from Turin

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched only the second half of the last set, but it was pretty good. Both had MPs. I'm sorry for Rublev, as he was SOOO close, but happy for Hurkacz. He kept his cool.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
To be honest, I haven't been watching much tennis, especially the WTA, after Coco won the US Open. I've caught a few Ben Shelton matches, but the fall schedule (as currently constructed) doesn't really do it for me. With the exception of 2020 (when Rome was held in September and the FO in October) and 2021 (when IW was held in October), I can't say that I've been excited about fall tennis since the likes of Graf, Seles, Capriati, etc. were playing in the Virginia Slims tournaments in the early 1990s.

I'm familar with Montgomery County. There are a lot of good high school girls tennis programs there. My 2 younger sisters went to Merion Mercy Academy, which is in the Catholic Academies. They didn't play tennis, but I know they have a very good program since at least 2007. I follow (and when I have the time, watch) the girls tennis in the Catholic Academies, and I'm just impressed at the high level of tennis every fall. I can definitely say it's better than the current WTA schedule.
Same here not interested in watching tennis especially ATP...no Rafa , No FAA, no Novak , No AP watching for me

Reactions: PhiEaglesfan712

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well shame, you don't even know when your peeps are playing. FAA is in Tokyo right now actually winning matches this week
I know it's a shame. TC is showing Djere Wolf or is it Dire Wolf like in Game of thrones jajaja

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Who are your favorite players?