Roland Garros / French Open [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to qualifer M.Trevision who had some very bad calls against her in the final set,though she held her focus and won the match over Coco Gauff...46 62 75.....Gauff really needs to address her serve with 19 DFs during this match.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Just a nightmarish last serving game by Coco, not good to get the serving yips this early in her career.

The yips are all mental. That sophomore slump is really challenging especially for a teenager
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Round 2 Day 4 - Wednesday, September 30, 2020

1601511806928.png

1601511885399.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting match ups,

Jelena Ostapenko vs Karolina Pliskova (2) who is under a injury cloud.
Polona Hercog vs Leylah Fernandez
Clara Tuasen the young teenager from Denmark vs Danielle Collins
Aryna Sabalenka vs Daria Kastakina
Petra Martic vs Veronika Kudermetova

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
very happy Gauff lost she acts like a brat every time she's on court screaming and yelling every point, even before the player even hits the ball she way overhyped by tennis media its really gross. on top of all that she's just not ready at her age

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really good match between Rybakina vs Ferro,great hitting between this pair,1 set all,going into a decider.
Ferro 1st set 63,Rybakina 2nd set 64.

Well done to Ferro who faced BPs at 2 games all in the 3rd set and went on to win the match defeating the 14th seed Rybakina 63 46 62.Ferro previously won in Palmero tournament this year.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The stand out match of this round has to be Halep vs Anisimova.Anisimova defeated Halep in the q/finals last year in Halep's title defense,playing outstanding tennis 62 64.A lot has changed in twelve months,Anisimova has not been playing her best tennis,while Halep has shone on her favorite surface clay,she also has one of the best tactical coaches in her corner Darren Cahill.
Hopefully this will be a competitive match.....Halep to win.

I am interested to see how Kiki Bertens has recovered from her last match with Errani,she was cramping badly on and off during the match,though she has had a day off.Siniakova will be no walkover that is certain.

I love watching this young woman from Poland,Iga Swiatek,who is one to watch,she is playing Bouchard,I feel the teenager can win.
Elise Mertens vs Caroline Garcia who is not a consistent player at all,though on her day can defeat top players.
Elina Svitolina a former RG junior champion,plays Alexandrova,I expect Svitolina to win the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In a tight 2 set match Svitolina d Alexandrova 64 75.

I am on night shift and will record the match between Halep vs Anisimova

Enjoy the rest of the tennis everyone!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow just watching some highlights of Halep vs Anisimova match.................Halep is just clinical and never let Anisimova into the match,Halep sending out a strong message to the rest of the field.

Not suprised with Caroline Garcia defeating Elise Mertens,though it will be interesting to see if Garcia can win her next match,consistency is not her forte.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kiki Bertens showing no signs of cramping like in her previous match with Errani,wins the 1st set against Siniakova 62 and has a early break in the 2nd set.

Good win from Kiki who loves the clay,dispatches Siniakova in straight sets 62 62.

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
19 year old Iga Swiatek continues her good run at RG defeating Bouchard 63 62 W30 UFE15.
Good win for SWiatek, I like Iga's game.

Bouchard justified getting a WC I suppose but other than that 1 SF run 6 years ago, still puzzled she got it

Now if someone could just pull that ad from the Tennis Channel where we have to hear Bouchard smugly say she was in Vogue ad nauseum....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good win for SWiatek, I like Iga's game.

Bouchard justified getting a WC I suppose but other than that 1 SF run 6 years ago, still puzzled she got it

Now if someone could just pull that ad from the Tennis Channel where we have to hear Bouchard smugly say she was in Vogue ad nauseum....

I have never been a fan of Bouchard,I feel she was 'overhyped' after her s/final run,she has been in the tennis wilderness for sometime.
Her fellow Canadian Bianca Andreescu has all the marks of a No 1 player,sad to say her body continues to let her down at such a young age.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Womens Singles R16- Top Half.

(1) S.Halep vs Iga Swiatek
(5) K.Bertens vs (Q) M.Trevisan
(3) E.Svitolina vs C.Garcia
(Q) N.Podoroska vs B.Krejcikova.

Status
Not open for further replies.