Roland Garros / French Open [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am wondering if players will revamp their plans now that it looks like the big server has no advantage. One thing is for sure, Serena better find her movement and ground game quickly if she doesn’t want to see an early exit.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys also lost and Muchova too. Muguruza barely won, tought she was in a good form but really struggled against a weak opponent.

Keys on clay that is not a upset....bit perplexed about Muchova.....Garbine indeed had to rally for the win.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Round 1 Day 2 - Monday, September 28, 2020

1601339300918.png

1601339362761.png

1601339432276.png

1601339466955.png

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
great win by the beautiful Elina.Svitolina if would have been Awful to lose against a Mexican woman, still that second set 0-6:facepalm: maybe now she start playing her best tennis again like last season.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena has withdrawn due to Achilles injury she apparently picked up at USO in her Azarenka match. And Vika is out, taken down by Schmiedlova in straights. She finally ran into a bad day, it looked like.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did anyone see a video of Errani not able to toss a ball for a serve properly and just hit a serv. It was at 6:5 she was serving for a first set, she threw the ball wrong at least 15 times in that game, she lost firat point in the game due to that. She got fed up later then served underhand then later again she could not throw a ball as normal, like she picked up a racket the first time. Unreal. This is the tennis proffesional we are talking about, she is earning serious money and still has a decent ranking.

There was also a lot of drama in the match and some bad blood between her and Bertens. Errani ended up in a wheelchair at the end of the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did anyone see a video of Errani not able to toss a ball for a serve properly and just hit a serv. It was at 6:5 she was serving for a first set, she threw the ball wrong at least 15 times in that game, she lost firat point in the game due to that. She got fed up later then served underhand then later again she could not throw a ball as normal, like she picked up a racket the first time. Unreal. This is the tennis proffesional we are talking about, she is earning serious money and still has a decent ranking.

There was also a lot of drama in the match and some bad blood between her and Bertens. Errani ended up in a wheelchair at the end of the match.

I just got home from work and I am looking at the highlights of the match
Bertens ended up winning 76(5) 36 97.....drama filled apparently

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena has withdrawn due to Achilles injury she apparently picked up at USO in her Azarenka match. And Vika is out, taken down by Schmiedlova in straights. She finally ran into a bad day, it looked like.

I am not surprised Serena withdrew she was apparently at Patrick's academy after USO trying to get more treatment on her achilles.She will need at least 6 weeks treatment and rest from what I read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.