Roland Garros / French Open [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Great training session win by Nadal today the real match is next king Djokovic.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I have no idea what time of day the match will be played but I gues day time, first SF. Judging from this year, hot conditions and balls I'd guess that might benefit Novak a bit, but again we said last year that cold will benefit him so who knows.

All I know is that those dropshots were terrible and he won't do the same mistake again. In Rome his dropshots worked well against Rafa, but again he did not overdo it.
Way bigger court here though and Nadal just runs most drop shots down and makes you pay. Schartzman hit a class one today though and obviously Djokovic will win some points with them too but when I see him using it as much as he did last year it just shows he's frustrated, doesn't want long points and is trying to end them quickly. That won't work on the huge Chatrier court 95% of the time. He said it himself in Rome that he felt pleased with his fitness and that he could have played much longer. Well, he'll need to be ready to run and run a lot here. Not many easy points against Nadal at RG.

Reactions: napo

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
T/break it is for the 3rd set...Matteo at least has woken up from his slumber :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Way bigger court here though and Nadal just runs most drop shots down and makes you pay. Schartzman hit a class one today though and obviously Djokovic will win some points with them too but when I see him using it as much as he did last year it just shows he's frustrated, doesn't want long points and is trying to end them quickly. That won't work on the huge Chatrier court 95% of the time. He said it himself in Rome that he felt pleased with his fitness and that he could have played much longer. Well, he'll need to be ready to run and run a lot here. Not many easy points against Nadal at RG.
Front........the story of last year's final was Novak had 50 odd UFE in 3 sets of tennis,no player can afford to win against any player,regardless it was Rafa in the final.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Terrible mistake there at 3-4 in the TB by Berretini. Whole court open to blast a winner.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Fatto Matteo wins the 3rd set 76(5) errors from both players in that t/break fair to say

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Terrible mistake there at 3-4 in the TB by Berretini. Whole court open to blast a winner.
This is what I ment earlier when Novak gets to a good position, takes mini break in TB after brutal serving of Berrettini and then squashes 1 FH and 1 BH in the net when he should be in a locker room already. He has trouble closing things out.

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
King Djokovic just too good here I see why Federer run from him at RG.
He didn't even play Berretini so I dunno how he supposedly ran from Djokovic. He wasn't happy with his recovery/fitness after his long match and would have lost to Berretini if his knee was bothering him.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This is what I ment earlier when Novak gets to a good position, takes mini break in TB after brutal serving of Berrettini and then squashes 1 FH and 1 BH in the net when he should be in a locker room already. He has trouble closing things out.
As a Federer fan, I know that feeling of squandering leads all too well sadly :( They all do it more as they get older though.

Reactions: don_fabio

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Exactly, these kind of blackouts are the reason he can’t win this slam. Even against the Greek.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Front........the story of last year's final was Novak had 50 odd UFE in 3 sets of tennis,no player can afford to win against any player,regardless it was Rafa in the final.
Wow, didn't know it was that many errors. Brutal for 3 sets.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interestingly, Novak won more points in longer rallies in Rome so he should not bail out of rallies, he needs to embrace it, but first win this match, pronto.

Reactions: Front242 and napo

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
He also had trouble opening things out (against Mussetti).

Status
Not open for further replies.