Rogers Cup SF - Djokovic v. Nadal

Once again, the de facto final: who wins?

• Djokovic in 2

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Djokovic in 3

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Nadal in 2

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Nadal in 3

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • The Canadians, by virtue of having 2 guys in the SFs

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay Death said:
you cant volley what you cant see. the game has changed.

nole would demolish and totally destroy those players you just mentioned on all surfaces.

next?

Let me get this straight(American) or correct(English).. you are saying that Djoker would take Pat Rafter's or Edberg high kicking serves and would punished those two players for being silly enough to rush the net against him? You are saying that a player as quick as Sampras and who could serve 120-127 to any part of the service box that he couldn't return Djoker's return of serve?

Remember, You are the one who stated that Rafa would win at best 6 games against Djoker and loose the match. My last count was Rafa won 16 games and the match:cool:

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hear ya general anti pusher.

nole was 11-5 against nadal on hard courts.

many (majority) of those matches were absolute beatdowns.

nadal had taken 7 months off and played just 1 hard court event.

he got killed in the very first round by a guy who wins just 28% of his matches at slams. nadal, by contrast, wins nearly 90% of his matches at slams.

and did I mention that nole was and is #1 player on the planet.

how did you want me to call that match exactly?

I called it the way I saw it. 70% of the folks here also saw nole winning it.

anyway those guys you speak of would have NO CHANCE against nole on any surface.

it is called progress. the game has changed.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay Death said:
I hear ya general anti pusher.

nole was 11-5 against nadal on hard courts.

many (majority) of those matches were absolute beatdowns.

nadal had taken 7 months off and played just 1 hard court event.

he got killed in the very first round by a guy who wins just 28% of his matches at slams. nadal, by contrast, wins nearly 90% of his matches at slams.

and did I mention that nole was and is #1 player on the planet.

how did you want me to call that match exactly?

I called it the way I saw it. 70% of the folks here also saw nole winning it.

anyway those guys you speak of would have NO CHANCE against nole on any surface.

it is called progress. the game has changed.

I hear ya General Samson, you are still our leader:clap

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Not too many of Nole's HC wins were beat-downs. He won 3 times in late 2009 when everyone and their dog was beating Rafa, but for example, he beat Rafa in Cinci in 2008, but Rafa beat him in the main event in Beijing a couple weeks later. Sure, he gave Rafa some beatings but until 2011, he wasn't in Rafa's head on the surface. Rafa beat him well at the USO in 2010, despite the three previous defeats in 2009.

Even the Oz final in 2012, Novak's best surface, Rafa came close and I would argue, without playing his best. And he beat Novak well on hard courts a couple times himself.

Novak is better on hards, but the discrepancy isn't as large as some people make out. And Nadal has shown himself capable of bridging the divide, often when the stakes are highest for both men...

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Haven't posted since Saturday afternoon, because too many things are on my plate: looking for a new home and preparing for my trip to Europe, leaving to the airport in 1 hour.
All I have to say I am disappointed in Nole and good for Rafa!.
We'll check-in remotely here, there during my vacation. keep up the good work guys!!!

cheers

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Not too many of Nole's HC wins were beat-downs. He won 3 times in late 2009 when everyone and their dog was beating Rafa, but for example, he beat Rafa in Cinci in 2008, but Rafa beat him in the main event in Beijing a couple weeks later. Sure, he gave Rafa some beatings but until 2011, he wasn't in Rafa's head on the surface. Rafa beat him well at the USO in 2010, despite the three previous defeats in 2009.

Even the Oz final in 2012, Novak's best surface, Rafa came close and I would argue, without playing his best. And he beat Novak well on hard courts a couple times himself.

Novak is better on hards, but the discrepancy isn't as large as some people make out. And Nadal has shown himself capable of bridging the divide, often when the stakes are highest for both men...
Excellent again Kieran.. This is truly the best rivalry between the real twins(although Nole and Murray) are a very close 2nd because these are the best baseliners(gotta still include Mr Federer).
Typically, there aren't two many blowoffs like Monte Carlo(2013).. Keep it coming good Sir

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
11-6. still.

at least 7---and that does make it a majority--were straight set demolitions.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay Death said:
11-6. still.

at least 7---and that does make it a majority--were straight set demolitions.

You are talking about hardcourts encounters...I think Rafa may have his hardcourt strategy updated vs Djoker which means we have the seats for the best tennis ever, including the Fedals, imo.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Clay Death said:
Kieran said:
Nadal's forehand is a killer! It's broken better men than Nalbandian. It's the Hammer of Thor, the whip hand, the bolt of lightning. I like Nalbandian's backhand, but it's not a match breaker - not at the levels Ralph works at...

even nole says that nadal`s forehand of death the most destructive stroke he has ever seen.

it is wicked and it is deadly when he is on and in full flight.

nole himself has a stroke of death also: his backhand is the best in history.

his backhand is the besthis backhand is the best of Today.. I think saying it the best in history is being a bit caught in the moment, Agassi had to hit his backhand against a consisting net rushing Goran, Rafter, Becker, Edberg and Sampras. I would have like to see if Nole could have had the stones to hit his backhand against a huge quickly moving net rushers instead of waiting on his "strike zone" ball. Feel me.

Novak is a ridiculous returner and hits preposterously well on the run, especially with his backhand off the back foot. He would have done fine against the men you mentioned. Have they ever encountered a mover like him? It cuts both ways...

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nole in full flight is one tough beast of beasts.

even Sampras himself has said that nobody in history has ever moved like nole.

I call it the movement of death.