Roger's Cup SF - Dimitrov v. Tsonga

Tsonga v. Dimitrov

• Total voters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great job by Jo! Dimitrov is a bit of a disgrace if he isn't fitter than that at this point.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
How is Grigor gassed and he's a decade younger than Federer? I thought stamina wasn't an issue in best of 3... :huh:

Young, Robredo, and Anderson went three... maybe more mentally gassed than physically.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
How is Grigor gassed and he's a decade younger than Federer? I thought stamina wasn't an issue in best of 3... :huh:

This time last year Dimitrov was far from fit and cramping constantly in matches. He had major chances against Murray, Djokovic and Nadal only to double fault stupidly 3-4 times in a row in a few of those and cramp/get fatigued right towards the end. He's fitter this year but I guess not enough yet. He did quite a lot of running though against Anderson yesterday.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Kieran said:

This time last year Dimitrov was far from fit and cramping constantly in matches. He had major chances against Murray, Djokovic and Nadal only to double fault stupidly 3-4 times in a row in a few of those and cramp/get fatigued right towards the end. He's fitter this year but I guess not enough yet. He did quite a lot of running though against Anderson yesterday.

Still, I have to commend Federer on his excellent stamina and recovery, and him aged 33. This chap Grigor shouldn't be gassed at this stage of his career. I also think he shouldn't be struggling against the players who've taken him to 3. He should be fitter than a butchers dog and eager to maul anyone in his path...

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Tsonga got the job done in easier fashion than I'd thought. Dimitrov struggled with Donald Young and was lucky that Anderson let him off the hook yesterday. Congratulations to JWT.:clap He will have plenty in tank for tomorrow's final.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
short n sweet..sir grigor clearly a bit jaded after his matches in earlier rds plus he was a bit ill last week..

Tsonga turns his season/career around with a much needed big final.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
short n sweet..sir grigor clearly a bit jaded after his matches in earlier rds plus he was a bit ill last week..

Tsonga turns his season/career around with a much needed big final.

I did forget that Grigor was under the weather last week, so I shouldn't be so hard on him, perhaps, and the heavy matches back-to-back. But I'm really happy to see Jo so dedicated to maybe this late-career push. I hope he keeps it up, and stays healthy.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
When Tsonga is playing well he's great to watch. Really glad to see him win today. Hoping he takes the title now.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Absolute cracker from Tsonga.

Dimitrov can have no complaints about being fatigued. Jo made light work of Nole and outlasted Murray to get this far while Grigor was messing around dropping sets to Young, Robredo and Anderson... His own fault really for spending so much time on court against inferior players.

I still think semis for Dimitrov in two M1000s in a row is solid progress though. He's getting there.