Roger Federer : Can You Predict His Future

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Federer has never been important enough to hate

You will never be taken seriously if you say things like this. There is fandom, and there is reality. Wake up and smell the 17 Majors.

N

NADAL2005RG

Moxie629 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Federer has never been important enough to hate

You will never be taken seriously if you say things like this. There is fandom, and there is reality. Wake up and smell the 17 Majors.

You just took me incredibly seriously.

17 majors won't be enough....

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Mog said:
Iona16 said:
Clay Death said:
i heard that killer cahill once went to roger`s house to give him advice on how to beat nadal?

is there any truth to this story?

I find that very hard to believe.

At one point sometime there was a talk between Roger and Cahil to coach him. But that did not materialize because Cahil was not ready to travel much away from his family.
I read about it but don't remember the source.

You're correct, Mog. They spent some time together in Dubai a few years ago, but that's all I remember now. There may not be anything else to remember, anyway, since Roger (like many other players) has always kept the workings of his inner group very secretive -- and understandably so.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now we can predict that he'll go to Masters because Murray will probably pull out
Thanks Andy for this nice present, Olderer will appreciate your "effort" to help him

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
isabelle said:
Now we can predict that he'll go to Masters because Murray will probably pull out
Thanks Andy for this nice present, Olderer will appreciate your "effort" to help him

I assume you mean the World Tour Finals? Federer doesn't need Murray's help to qualify. He moves back upto 5 in the rankings this week. 8 qualify.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
isabelle said:

I assume you mean the World Tour Finals? Federer doesn't need Murray's help to qualify. He moves back upto 5 in the rankings this week. 8 qualify.

Yes. For the moment, only Nadal, Nole, Murray and Ferrer qualified for good but Olderer has a good chance to qualify too, he's 7 at Race
Maybe Stan will join him ? 2 Swiss are better than one, it would be a 'première in Master's history

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
isabelle said:
There are no charities in tennis. Murray did not help Roger, he has to help himself only.
As Britbox said Roger does not need murray's help.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hadn't stopped to think about how this affects YEC. Roger definitely is in but chances are he'd have made it anyways. Tsonga, Wawrinka and Gasquet figure to make up the other spots but there are still opportunities to be had.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
isabelle said:

Qualification to WTF is based on ATP race points. Federer is currently in position 7
there. He cannot improve his ATP race points without actually playing and so will stay
at 7 at least until Shanghai.

If it happens that two people below Fed (scuh as Warinka, Gasquet, Tsonga,
Haas, Milos, Isner) happen to surpass Fed, Fed can still qualify in (the most probable)
event of Murray not playing in WTF. So, we cannot say at this point that he does not
need Murray's help. I hope he does not though.

Actually, Murray's help is two fold. One by not playing in the remaining masters,
he can increase Fed's chances of accumulating large points. Two, by missing WTF,
he can create a new opening for player in position no. 9.

N

NADAL2005RG

Murray would have beaten guys like Gasquet, Tsonga, Haas, Raonic, Isner. Federer needed Murray to beat them.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Murray would have beaten guys like Gasquet, Tsonga, Haas, Raonic, Isner. Federer needed Murray to beat them.

Wait and see how Fed does at the WTF before you make silly statements like this. As I said before, if Fed gets his level back to even how it was at Cincy he'll beat your hero as his topspin FH to BH does not work on those London indoor courts.

N

NADAL2005RG

Silly? Its a fact, if Murray was here he'd assist in eliminating the WTF contenders, thus making it easier for Federer to qualify.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
He can and will qualify without any of their help. Things aren't that desperate that he can't make the WTF yet.

N

NADAL2005RG

Yes he can. But Murray would have been a help.

Remember 2010, the year Federer made the US Open semi-finals? Nadal still took a set from Federer at the World Tour Finals final. And that was a day after Murray pushed Nadal to the limit.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I remember 'cos I was watching it on holiday in Egypt. Tasty breadstick in set 3.

N

NADAL2005RG

Unless Federer can bring that 2010 level, I've got Nadal winning the World Tour Finals. Actually, even if Federer played the same level as 2010, I'd give Nadal a shot of winning 2 sets instead of 1 (because Nadal will probably be physically fresher this time).

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
I remember 'cos I was watching it on holiday in Egypt. Tasty breadstick in set 3.

:ras: ;)

Federer played a smart, clean match against Rafa. He definitely deserved the win. Of course the following year, he served Nadal a bagel.

(I'll have to PM you about Egypt. I'm intrigued.)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Unless Federer can bring that 2010 level, I've got Nadal winning the World Tour Finals. Actually, even if Federer played the same level as 2010, I'd give Nadal a shot of winning 2 sets instead of 1 (because Nadal will probably be physically fresher this time).

Fresher from all the tennis he's played than a guy who's sucked so much he's lost early practically every week? Hardly. Nadal's playing far better and that's obvious, but Fed is fresh as a daisy thanks to some totally crap play all year.

N

NADAL2005RG

tented said:
Front242 said:

:ras: ;)

Federer played a smart, clean match against Rafa. He definitely deserved the win. Of course the following year, he served Nadal a bagel.

(I'll have to PM you about Egypt. I'm intrigued.)

2011 Nadal wasn't hitting the ball very deep. Compare 2011 US Open final to 2013. Depth the key. Even more of a key indoors. Federer is going to be in serious trouble if he faces Nadal at this year's World Tour Finals.