Roger Federer : Can You Predict His Future

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ Front is right. You've no place to tell other people what to stop doing. You've been cautioned about being disruptive and co-opting threads. If you have a problem with other users, you are free to alert the mods. And Front doesn't have to predict for you so that you "have it on record." You're being overly-combative. I won't disrupt this thread again to tell you to find a better line of discourse.

N

NADAL2005RG

^ Front is the combative one, and you know it. Just read, its all there.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
I'm afraid Front is wasting his time. There is no talking to some people. He may as well hit his head against a brick wall.

N

NADAL2005RG

Well, that's what happens when you don't accept another person's opinion. I accepted his, but he didn't accept mine.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have read it. Endeavor to fit with the flow of conversation, not to dominate it. And don't be petulant.

N

NADAL2005RG

As you can see, he discussed Nadal, while I discussed Federer. Is the flow supposed to be Nadal?

Mog

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Next post please ?????
What a waste.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
It isn't the middle of the season, and as Kieran said, desperate times call for desperate measures. If ever you are going to make a change during the season it should be near the end when there are no more majors left. He has to forget about what he did with the old racquet, that's completely irrelevant since he no longer has the same ability as before. Extra power can only help shorten points and maybe help make his serve into a big weapon again.

He is not going to turn into a grinder at age 32. Short of changing his position on ROS and actually digging in mentally the only real things to change are racquet and coach. Roger's problem isn't fitness, it is more lack of consistency and horrible play in the big moments. Watching matches like Robredo and Stakhovsky you got the sense that even these lightweights were going to win every big point. The problem starts there. Any significant change in form will be due to a change in focus and finally being offended that he has been relegated to scrub status this year.

I'll try to right the ship on this thread by quoting this one from you, Front. Will the new racquet help? And where are we with the notion of a new coach?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Moxie, neither the new racket nor a new coach will be a magical fix for Roger I am afraid...With the racket, sure, a little bit bigger sweet spot can help, but half the shots Roger hits are half-volleys from the baseline, since he will never give the baseline up...so shanking is inevitable no matter what size the racket is. People say it will give him more power, but Roger never needed more power when he is dominating a rally anyways...his problem is turning defense into offense these days and I am not too sure if the new racket can help mask the loss of half a step.

As for a new coach...it is so hard to coach a guy like Roger. He is so set in his ways and he has achieved so much doing what he has been doing. It has to be a guy Roger has huge respect for, and he has to bring a new perspective that Roger can buy into. Who is that guy? I don't know.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
roger has been really quiet..

must mean he is practising feverishly behind the scenes with a new bigger wand..:plot

either that or he has turned into Scarface and is getting high on his own supply "chico, chico..get the yayo"