Rankings (WTA)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
tented said:

Interesting; 4 current and former #1's in the top 10! A lot more common in the men's game, but because of that freaky era with the Williams' in/out, Henin retiring, Hingis coming and going, you had several strange #1's out of the blue; Woz, Safina, Sharapova, Jankovic, & Ivanovic! :puzzled :nono :cover

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Daria is now ranked 45. She is tough on clay. No one will be happy to see her in her quarter.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominatrix stole the #2 ranking just in time for RG. Now, she cannot meet Serena in Rg (as she won't reach final). Hope Halep ends up in Dominatrix's half.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
[split] WTA News and Gossip 2015

Just checked live WTA rankings and Maria dropped back down to #4 and Kvitova took her place:

- http://live-tennis.eu/wta-live-ranking -

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the wta world no1 rank could be up for grabs this summer..not deffo though.

serena rank lead has been reduced in recent weeks, she is defending French open but only defending 4thrd/qf at Wimbledon.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

serena rank lead has been reduced in recent weeks, she is defending French open but only defending 4thrd/qf at Wimbledon.

Serena had only second round points to defend at Roland Garros and 3rd round points to defend at Wimby, if I am not mistaken.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
colleen66 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

Serena had only second round points to defend at Roland Garros and 3rd round points to defend at Wimby, if I am not mistaken.

Lets be honest... She ain't losin' it.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
sk310 said:
colleen66 said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:

Lets be honest... She ain't losin' it.

Not with this crop! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well Simona helped her and will lose quite a bit of points and has SF points to defend at Wimbledon, but she can gain at the U.S. Open and during the fall. Maria can't gain point in Paris only lose them. Maria can gain ground at Wimbledon, the US Open and the YE championships. Petra can gain at RG and the U.S. Open. Serena can gain ground here, Wimbledon and Beijing. It really benefitted her to play Indian Wells this year, since she lost a few points for not defending Rome. It really would benefit Serena to make a serious go of it here in Paris not only for the hardware, but to help secure the number 1 ranking.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So far, Kvitova is the only one below Serena in the top 4 that can gain points this tournament, but Kvitova is defending champ at Wimbledon, so she can't gain any there. Serena is still gaining points in Paris as well. Serena can also gain at Wimbledon, so it will be fun to see. I think the way things are heading that it appears Serena just might be able to end the year at number 1 again barring injury or flame outs at the slams.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Good on Kvitova! It would be nice to get a Serena/Kvitova final at Wimbledon. Hope it can happen.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't think there are any number of tournaments that Simona or Maria can play before Wimbledon that will get them the #2 seeding either.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Welcome to the top ten, Lucie!!! She surpasses her highest ranking of 15 achieved early last year. So happy for her. Will be ranked 8 or 9 on Monday.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She will be ranked 9 I believe with an opportunity to move up should she go further I believe.